Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

As for Catherine and Vartillows, I'm not getting my hopes up :(, after what's happened, but I do hope when she comes back to visit, she and Vartann have at least some quality interaction, even just as friends. I guess I wouldn't mind if she finds someone while she's at her new job and she just mentions him briefly when she comes to visit the team, but I don't know.

2. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I know I shouldn't be since I should know better by now :shifty:, but I'm hoping for a reunion when we see her next time

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I hope if/when Cath returns, she and Lou have some scenes... but I won't get my hopes up on them being in a relationship lol.

4. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I don't know if this is off topic or not, but, After seeing last night's episode;.....well, for now, I don't mind D.B. and Julie's bantering, as long as it doesn't dominate the show and there's nothing more than a close friendship going between them. Although for those who are bothered by it, I really don't blame you guys; there were still some things about her that bothered me, and I will also be annoyed if the writers end up either developing their relationship into something more (I soooo hope it never comes to that :shifty:) and/or shoving it in our faces constantly.

it was nice to see her work with Nick a little :) (I don't see any sparks between them, but then again, she's still getting to know everyone).

D.B. to Morgan: "You can take boyfriend Greg with you" :guffaw:! What do you guys make of that? I can't tell if D.B. is just teasing her and it's nothing serious, or he's hinting at something; either way, it was still funny, especially after seeing Morgan's face :lol:!!

5. sharp52092

Agreed!

It was nice to see her work with Nick and others, and I'm not sure about any sparks either but it's kinda early or maybe I still like the idea of Nick seeing someone outside the lab

I think he might be teasing her about Greg's crush on her

But I should probably rewatch

6. sharp52092

It's been pretty quiet around here, though it usually is during the summer

We had several new characters last year which created new and potiential ships

Greg/Morgan

Nick/Morgan

Hodges/Morgan

Nick/Finn

Nick also had two potential love interests- Callie and Lauren

There was also the end of Vartllows

Not much GSR, but a little bit it in Malice in Wonderland

So let's debate and discuss these, and any other ships I'm forgetting :)

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Ok, I'll bite.

First and foremost, more GSR this season, please. :)

2nd, a thumbs up for Greg and Morgan. Morgan has always reminded me of a young Sara, so Greg's crush on Sara makes this relationship make sense. She's his type, and the writers have laid a foundation for it. It would be nice to see them follow through with it.

No to Hodges and Morgan. Like Grissom, he seems to be someone who would mate for life. He's all about Wendy, IMO.

Finn and Nick? No, No, No, NOOOO. I don't see it at all. Personally, I think Nick needs to meet and fall in love with a damsel-in-distress. He likes to be the hero, so it would fit his personality. I did enjoy his story arc with the 'reformed' prostitute (Kristie?) way back when.

From a totally non-romantic viewpoint, I like DB/Sara. Great chemistry there, similar to Grissom and Catherine. It's nice to see the old married folks of the show bonding at work. It would be even nicer for Sara to talk about her spouse like DB talks about his, or at the very least say something to someone about he-who-cannot-be-mentioned (apparently).

There's nobody yet that I would put Finn with. She's too new to LV; too lots of things. The writers will need to keep her single, I think, to spice up the show.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'm mostly asking this out of curiosity since the writers seem to be pushing this ship: anybody here interested in Hodges/Morgan? Anybody besides tptb? Anyone?
    The kiss in the premiere was just.....odd. Their convo in the last episode was weirdly out of place, especially in the context of the episode and with Greg looking on; he seemed as clueless as I was feeling. I don't get it, but maybe it's just me. lol

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  9. sharp52092

I'm with you, not feeling Modges either

I'm not 100% on the last episode, but my guess is that Morgan and Hodges haven't talked yet and decided what to do next.

10. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Only reason I'd like Modges is for Hodges to finally have someone to care for him, but I'm afraid Morgan is not that person. It's only a matter of time before she decides to go for Greg. I think Hodges would be happier with someone other than her (I agree about Wendy).

11. Felidae5

Felidae5 Dead on Arrival

Same here; Morgan is just too -cute, for lack of a better word. All big blue eyes and baby face and sweet and fun...it's like siccing a kitten on a tiger. never mind how tame and careful the tiger might be, once in a moody fit, he twitches a paw and the kitten is gone.
    That's why the chemistry between Wendy and David worked so well; she was his equal both in mind and spirit. They fought and argued and he more than once bit his tongue(even though one could see he had a dozen or two replies to her answers), but Morgan...I'm not saying that she couldn't stand her ground, but I doubt that she would last long when faced with a full-force David Hodges snark-blastTM.
    So happiness for Hodges, yes, in a New York minute, but Morgan...she's better suited for Greg or maybe even Henry.

As for Nick..care to explain to me why a gorgeous, good-natured, socially endowed Texan charmer can't land himself a wife or at least steady girlfriend? Yes, there was that other hooker waaay back when, and in season 12 he even had a date, but otherwise...He could challenge David to a game of "who's dance card is emptier?"
    And no, working the grave shift at the crime lab is not an excuse; if Bobby Dawson, Archie, Super-Dave and Doc Al managed to get married, why shouldn't he? If irregular work shifts and dangerous situation would be a reason, no fire fighter, police officer, soldier or construction worker would ever tie the knot. So please, don't put their poor shift plan up as an excuse because you're to lazy to create some decent lovers, my dear writers. Everybody needs somebody.

Felidae

12. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

You know Bobby Dawson is gay. Nick got a girlfriend, but we don't know which girl he date.

13. Felidae5

Felidae5 Dead on Arrival

That's precisely what I mean. Bobby got himself someone, despite of his work schedule and the fact that he's gay(admittedly, the guy is so sweet, he could give sugarcane a run for its money), even though it was only mentioned in passing-by(and deleted from the airing) and he's a minor character. Nick's a main lead, people would like to know more about the girl he dates. Not a full-fledged bio, but a little more than just a face and a pretty smile. So far, his girlfriend appeared once. Never to be seen or mentioned again. And did anyone catch her name, either?

Anyway, btt;I agree with Boo Moon: Finn and Nick..the horror! She's just too..I dunno..errhh..yeah. That. Whatever that may be. Like Catherine on a caffeine overdose. But far more, dare I say, pushy. But that's just my two cents.

Felidae

14. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Finn and Nick, noo, no chemistry there. I like Bobby, but he move to day shift now, if I remember correctly what he said.

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Well, Morgan seems to be interested in Hodges either way, not Greg. if there's any chance for Branders becoming canon, I'm not sure there's going to be any build up to it, at least not any time soon. Despite their moments together in "it was a very good year".....well....1.) there's been no continuity of it, and after seeing her moments with Hodges so far, not to mention they're not over that kiss from the premiere, you could make the argument that she has feelings for him instead and 2.) Greg's been in the background or just lacking screen time for the most part this season (don't get me started on that :shifty:), so he and Morgan are barely sharing any bantering/quality moments anyway like they used to last season (except for that one episode) and I can't help but feel it could continue that way. If I didn't know better I 'd think the writers are already throwing away the Greg/Morgan storyline, but that's just me.

On the other hand, I do agree with you about Hodges and Wendy Felidae5, they shared something that he and Morgan just don't. that's partly the reason why I just can’t see him and Morgan meshing together in that way. As good friends, or possibly brother and sister sure (since they did bond a bit in general after their parent’s started dating), but not romantically. That kiss between them felt....really off, somehow, and she doesn't seem to be his type. If Wendy’s never going to come back though, I think Hodges should at least date someone who’s more like her.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012