"Willows in the Wind" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 22, 2012.

1. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I really liked this one. Having been afraid of how they were going to let Catherine/Marg leave, I left very satisfied with the results. They let Catherine be a badass and leave on her own terms.

Was actually surprised that it was Laura who was the mastermind. Still a little unsure as to whether McQuaid was crooked or not, but his apparent heroics in the end at least made up for some if he was.

I liked the ending. CSI isn't exactly known for long goodbyes so I liked the time they gave for Cath to say her farewells. It felt meta too. Like it was Marg saying goodbye and not Catherine. Loved that. Really loved the continuity too, with the mention of Jimmy Tadero and the final scene with Morgan mirroring the Pilot scene with Holly.

Sad to see Catherine go, but it was at least fun while it lasted. :)

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I checked the last scene from last week, and it looks to me like a bloody bullet hole, not a bullet. :)

3. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

Oh, we all know that we women can tolerate pain more than men! :lol:;)

...I'm kidding...I do agree with you there. But Cath is a "badass CSI," too!! Loved the episode, but I'll miss Catherine so much. It's nice to see that this has brought more people out talking about the episodes...I love to hear others' opinions about them.

btw...care to share a link to your fan fic? I can't seem to find the Nic Fic Challenge on here anymore...gotta get through the next two weeks until a new episode :)

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I looooooong ago suspended any reality pertaining to the medical facts on CSI. From SuperDoc to SuperRay, it is just...*sigh*...oh so fictional.

But, this episode, the conclusion of Marg's exit arc, was more about Catherine's mental state and not her physical life-in-peril. Yeah, we would have gotten hours worth of her personal drama on a show like Grey's Anatomy, but this is CSI. It's a crime procedural, with a fill-in-the-blanks on the personal stuff. As a GSR fan over the years, it's something I've gotten use to doing. :)

That said, the 'full circle' for the characters is something I think CSI does very well; you just have to ignore or, at the very least, not take too seriously some of the distracting drama in the middle of those arcs. At least, that's my way of coping with the inconsistencies. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I loved this episode so much, especially the ending. Morgan Brody is my favorite character at the moment, so having Marg share her final scene with Elisabeth made me a very happy fan, and that isn't even taking into account the throwback to the pilot.

I keep seeing complaints from other fans about the ending, wondering why Catherine's final scene wasn't with Nick or Sara, but I suppose it's one of them things that, unless you've watched since episode 1, you'll miss the reference.

I am not looking forward to 'CSI' without Marg, I'm going to stick with it for Ted and Elisabeth Harnois, but I'm a little unsure.

On a side note, did anybody else notice Robert David Halls opening credit went back to normal this week? We had new scenes for the last 2 episodes during his name title, but not during this episode. It seems a little odd.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was going to PM it but you don't have PM's available yet, so here you go. :) That particular fic is "Four Eighteen".

I think a lot of people missed it, which is a shame. I do think it was a neat way to wrap it up. :)

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I loved this episode, so many twist and turns and the unexpected. A very fitting ending for Catherine Willows.

Only one thing bothered me, how Catherine was able to get around so well, and move around so well after getting shot and loosing so much blood, wasn't very realistic.

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

This episode was okay but did think the ending was a bit rushed and it was nice that she told the team.

Do you think that DB told his wife what he did?

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I'd say he probably did, I don't see him keeping secrets from her

10. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Seriously??

11. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I throughly enjoyed the episodes - I watched them back to back and in that way they didn't feel at all rushed.

The ending was good, short and sweet - I don't know about most people, but 20 minutes of drawn out goodbyes etc would bored me to death. I liked Marg's exit. I loved that last scene.

So long Cathrine, you will be missed ( by most, not the guy above me clearly :p ) and we look forward to your new FBI role stomping through a crime scene of the future!

A+

12. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I know this is completely OT, but I want to THANK YOU! I guess I haven't posted too many times yet so I couldn't pm you either;)

I'm looking forward to reading! :)

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

My main issue with this episode stems from CBS. They spoiled nearly every major thin--Laura Gabriel's involvement and the resignation--through promos and photographs. It's ridiculous. I thought it was a very solid episode, and I'm glad they went with that final scene, but CBS needs to pay more attention to what material they release.

14. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Maybe it would've turned out a little sappy, but I think I still would've enjoyed it nonetheless, and it would've left a huge feeling of satisfaction :) :) ; I just wanted to see Catherine's friendship with the other team members play out one more time before she left. I soooooo hope she comes back for a guest appearance, we've already been waiting three years for Grissom to come back :(; maybe sometime next season.

15. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I wasn't expecting to as I hadn't gotten into the storyline from the previous two eps, I felt they'd brought in too many guest actors. However, it really worked in this ep, it was riveting and all the continuity for Catherine's character over the years was delightful.