"Willows in the Wind" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 22, 2012.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Its funny how almost everything else is sometimes over-dramatized on screen, but injuries are under-dramatized LOL.

2. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

man that was very solid episode, I loved Cath's line that she said about the team being badass CSIs. But I gotta agree with fellow CSI heads some scenes I felt its rushed for some reason, however I do agree with sharp52092 that there should be more extended scene of invidually goodbyes and why the heck they did not do the team dinner that would be great end to the episode.

As for the continuity, I give you the double thumbs up on pilot episode throwback with king kong with a cocaine speech to Morgan, I felt like it has come full circle for Catherine. I can't image for CSI to going on without William or Marg to play their awesome characters that we grown to love from the beginning to now. you never know if we get to see them come back for special guest star recurring role. That would be neat.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I liked it.
    It wasn't as much over the top as I was afraid it was going to be.
    Lots of Sara/Nick screen time, and Brass was on tonight. I like snarky Brass. DB and Catherine worked well together, and with Doc. Liked the 'Annie Oakley' comment. And, it was nice seeing everyone's concern for her.

We also got the requisite DB wife mention. :lol:
    I know Miss Kitty said 'Columbo' to DB when he asked for a curling iron, but do you think she meant 'MacGyver'??? I liked her scenes with Cath and DB. And I thought it was funny how DB kept asking for favors from these people. He really is a great character. I honestly can't wait to meet his wife.

I was glad that Pratt wasn't involved (and hoping that maybe he'll return for an episode with Catherine :)). Not surprised about Laura's involvement, but I was a little about McQuaid's. I guess he redeemed himself some in the end. Still sad that Catherine was betrayed by both a friend and would-be lover.

I loved the continuity of the episode, as others have mentioned. It was nice to see how far Catherine has really come. The diner scene was pretty clever. But, kind of sad when she was left alone. I really wish we would have seen Lindsey with Catherine.

It was a nice send-off, IMO, and hopefully not a goodbye. Again, art imitates life, with Marg leaving the comfort of her job on CSI for new opportunities. She'll be missed.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I thought Columbo sounded weird when she said it LOL. I wonder if that was intentional or if the writers or the actress herself said the wrong name.

Yeah, I was definitely not expecting McQuaid to have any involvement in it. I'm just glad now that they didn't have them sleep together like they said was gonna happen.

5. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I wasn't as surprised as the rest sadly. It's a staple of crime shows to have a romantic intrest/close friend turn into a monster.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah I agree the episode felt like a little rushed. And the last scene, I knew it was supposed to mean something. I just didn't know it was from the pilot. I also thought it was a bit awkward. Why Catherine and Morgan? I just didn't see any connection between them before.

Anyway, this was a great episide. I will miss Catherine. Her good bye scene with everyone was perfect.

What was the continuity from Felonious Monk? I haven't watched most repeats in a long time. I don't remember in detail. Was Jimmy Tadero mentioned before? Can you tell me what episode? How about Kitty? I'm pretty sure she wasn't the one who called Catherine "blondie" in an episode.

7. GregNickRyanFan

No, I think it was Teddy Sr who called her Goldilocks or maybe Jimmy. I think Jimmy was the one who did something ... he turned out to be a dirty cop in some way I think and Cath had to arrest him or something. It's been a long time, so I'm not sure.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Jimmy Tadero was the detective in charge of the Stephanie Watson case back in "Felonious Monk." The actor was Bruce McGill and he's now on Rizzoli & Isles. Jimmy was Catherine's mentor and was the one who ultimately got her into CSI. In the episode it was revealed that he was a bit of a dirty cop, and was arrested for planting evidence. Ted was the owner of the strip club Catherine worked at. He first appeared back in season one's "Who Are You?" and once more in "Felonious Monk."

9. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Good episode spoilt by the rushed ending.

I wonder if WP was on set for the end.

I loved the "D.B. Room 12" text.

10. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

It's weird but this episode almost felt anticlimactic after the pace of Zippered and Ms Willows Regrets. Part of that is due to the fact that i'm still not set on the 'new FBI job' as a fitting end for Catherine. There were also a lot of moments where we had to suspend science and logic which never feels comfortable in a show that built itself on science.

That McQuaid was in cahoots with Laura was slightly surprising (boy Catherine sure picks them, doesn't she).

It was good to see Kitty back (i too expected her to say MacGyver). I thought she kind of echoed Catherine in a way when she had the smarts to recognise trench coat man as dangerous.

The throw back to Cath's history showed how Vegas Catherine is through and through so it seems a shame she's leaving that behind.

Yay for the return of Akers.

Henry banging his head reminded me of Hodges.

Guess no one wondered why the coroner disappeared into another Motel room for a bit!

I know people probably aren't happy about the size of the role that DB played in Catherine's leaving but the chemistry between the two has been a revelation and it's a great shame Ted wasn't on the show earlier on. The Langston years were really the black hole years of CSI.

Depending on what capacity Catherine returns in the future, it'd be great to see Agent Pratt again; Matt Lauria did a great job with the role.

End of an Era but i'm already looking forward to her return cameo.

11. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I agree Sinclair,it truly is a shame Danson wasn't brought in earlier.

12. Biomeka

Biomeka Hit and Run

Ok something weird I noticed is: on the episode they say Catherine's bullet wound was a through-on-through but at the end of the previous one when she is woulded there are what look like bullet stuck in her skin where she was shot (maybe I'm wrong though) What gives?

13. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

This was a good episode :D, I kinda suspected Laura wasn't dead, but that was a pretty big twist at the end :eek:. not only that, Agent Mquaid was in league with her?????? Poor Catherine :(, first her childhood friend betrays her and now him; sheesh, how many more potential love interests are going to turn against her?!!! Well, at least he tried to make it right at the end, but it was still a real shock :shifty:. I have to admit, she really kinda bonded with D.B. in this episode, I really liked their moments together, and how he helped her out :). Kitty and her pimp were just awesome in this episode, they cracked me up big time :lol::lol:, especially what she said about the guy in the trench coat. Also loved some of the continuity, like Catherine bringing up her previous life as a dancer before she joined CSI :). Still, I do wish the rest of the team had more scenes with her, it felt like the episode really lacked that. At least they were all involved a little more, especially, Nick (I liked how he kinda took the lead, while D.B. was gone), Sara, Greg, Brass and Doc, I thought they all had a decent amount of screen time, :) :) .

I agree that the ending was kinda rushed. She gave a great goodbye speech to everyone though :), it was so touching and emotional (I just wanted to hug her :(), but then they cut the rest short; I wanted to see Catherine hug everyone on the team, maybe even say a few words to them individually :(. I hope they at least put it on the deleted scenes when the DVDs come out. But despite that, I really thought this was overall a great exit for her, she didn't get killed off, or have to go into witness protection, she is taking on a really good job (I just wish the parts where she is offered it and then accepts it, could've been better paced) , she still got to say goodbye to everyone, and there is an open door for her so she can come back to visit :hugegrin:.
    I actually like the ending with her and Morgan at the diner. I understand why some of you thought it was awkward (and I also would've preferred the whole team to be there instead), I just liked how it reflected the scene from the Pilot years ago with her and Holly Gribbs; passing the job down to the next generation :).

Catherine, you will be terribly missed :(:(:(!!! It's going to feel too weird not seeing you on the show :(!!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  14. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yup, exactly my thought. She would have needed IVs, possibly a blood transfusion and, at the very least, painkillers. Not just a short nap in a motel room. I understand that it's fantasy, but that comic-book treatment is more typical of the Miami spinoff; I'd hoped it wouldn't seep over into the Vegas original., but it did. I know Catherine is strong, but did they have to turn her into SuperCath?

I wanted to like Catherine's sendoff, but for me it was just too convoluted. It had too many "conspiracy theory" angles, and those have always bugged me, as do the "CSI in danger" episodes; this one had both. Still wish there could've been a short closing scene with Grissom.

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

I won't argue with the "Catherine-recovering-too-quickly" part, that was a bit unrealistic. why couldn't they have made this episode at least 90 minutes long, so they wouldn't rush anything? They've done that before with other shows.