Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Sorry Andy! Is it that you are watching the epi late, or that you are not in the UK?

2. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

No problem, I'm just late in watching it thats all, its on my sky+. In fact I still havent watched it yet.

It was actually my fault, I watched the hunting grounds episode last Tuesday and totally forgot I'd watched it on sky+ and so thought that was last weeks episode :confused:

3. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Lol - don't worry about it! I'm getting thoroughly confused, not to mention spoilered, because my son's in the States at the moment and he keeps talking about the Miami he's watching, then remembering he's a season ahead!:lol: And I'm easily confused!!

4. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ok I'm finally to Special Delivery.
    The promo they've been airing whole day promised quite a decent amount of Ryan (yup I'm too obsessed with that guy) and noticed also one shot that was from intro (with H holding gun). I wonder how they make promo's...

About the episode.
    Acceptable amount of Ryan through the episode. And he was chasing the suspect:adore: And again he had that "ornament" on his clothes and this time jacket (yeah yeah of course I had to start grinning and smiling seeing that adorable young man:lol:).
    OH and now I know how tall is Mr Wolfe (and Mr Togo) actually (announced by himself). Lovely:)
    The idea about ear print. Kinda original.
    Liked how Ryan acted a bit "boss" around Walter and Nat.

Ok the case itself wasn't anything original. At least not me (but what can?).
    Considerably less Calleigh, by the way. But it didn't bother me. Not at all.
    Wow Eric acts fast on computers.

What else? Commercial break before last reveal.

Well well, did I really hear H saying "book him"? Yeah well, lately been hooked to H5O and that's what I head just this morn.

Well not the most intriguing episode and didn't catch my full attention (apart from Ryan scenes). And I wonder where my fav csi disappeared all so suddenly from the other half of episode.

So if I had to rate it I'd put B- or C+ (but rather the first one for RW scenes and tiny bit of humor between Tom and Walter showing he can be snappy not only towards Ryan), fairly better mark than my exam results on graduation paper.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, I really enjoyed the last episode. Although Nat was in peril, yet again, at least she managed to save herself this time. It was good seeing her doing something different, being at the lecture. Although it does seem like a waste of money having trained csi's doing safety talks. But hey. The technology to read peoples faces was very convenient, I doubt it would be that effective.
    I didnt guess the killer in this one, so that is always a good thing. And there was a good plot and not too much melodrama surrounding Nat's kidnapping. Although why she was straight back to work, and out in the field straight after such an incident....

I enjoyed the Molly and Ryan scenes, I think they work well together, although probably not as a couple. And did he blow her off at the end? I dont think he really wanted to go for coffee with her, but I have my own shipper reasons for thinking that!
    One of my favourite episodes of the season.

6. marymagdalen

OK, last week's episode I really liked. I knew it reminded me of something, and I've just been watching Season 8 on DVD and realised it reminded me of the episode Hostile Takeover (8/2) - a guy doing some pretty bad stuff just to prove that he wasn't the bad guy, and actually losing his own freedom etc in the process. Don't know if you remember that episode but... well, they just struck me as being similar.

And Solitaire, I actually guessed who the killer was right away! (Actually, I spend every episode saying "He did it... no she did it... they both did it..." so I was bound to be right at some point!:guffaw:)

I enjoyed last night's episode too - though I have to say the best bit for me was to see Horatio smiling and being friendly with someone (Logan) for a change; he's not been like that with the team or anyone for so long, and as for the way he talks to and deals with suspects and perps, the least said the better!

I may have missed something, but I thought it was a bit odd that Ryan and Molly (is that her name?) trotted off to Dante's hideout on their own, and Molly was suddenly allowed to go in weilding a gun just because she went to the firing range now and then. (Having said that, maybe they weren't on their own - there was a hummer AND a squad car there, so either they drove separate cars or the back-up was hiding somewhere...!)

Slightly stunned to realise there are only three more episodes left of this season - where did it go?!

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Is there really only 3 left? Time is flying!

Yes, it was odd that Molly was allowed out in the field, with a gun no less. Obviously with less Emily they are trying to keep up the female quota. But Walter wasnt in the epi much, he could have been out there. I do like Molly though, and her and Ryan's interaction is nice. She obviously wasnt too upset with him blowing her off on that coffee date last week.
    I was hoping that Ryan had caught the main bad guy, when he had him at gun point. But aww he was knocked out. At least he ran and caught the bad guy at the beginning- too often it is H who appears out of thin air and stops the perp, good to see Ryan's running actually paying off.
    The mma- would a horrible 'sport' im with Natalia on that one, why would people want to watch that? I think they focused on it alittle too much.
    It was nice to see H being friendly with Logan. But truthfully, I was a little disappointed when it turned out that Logan hadnt gone after the cash because of greed but because the missus was held hostage. How many times has that happened on Miami? It must be the kidnap capital of the world. I think it would have been a better storyline if Logan had just been dodgy, and that got shot and died for it.
    Bit of a bloodthirsty ending. Considering the bad guy (whose name I have completely forgotten) missed Logan who was right in front of him, unarmed, I think H was perfectly safe!
    Despite these things, I did enjoy the episode alot.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well I know I'm bit late but my phone was acting up a bit.
    About Face was overall fine episode.

-Surprising thing was that Nat went alone to that lecture. I thought that was bit weird.
    -I dunno but H at the beginning seemed little odd.
    -Ok one thing I liked- Ryan. And were my eyes right, did he got new haircut? And god his stunning shirt:drool:
    -Wow and he really cared for Nat when she didn't pick up (4 times!?). Kinda reminded me of WISC. Maybe he didn't want that to happen something like that again.
    -Ok Ryan seemed funny, dunno but something about him made me laugh.
    -And come on, what's that all about asking him over and over again whether it was his day off?:confused:
    -Yeah "Rambo-Nat":lol: I liked a lot. She was so brave and confident.
    -Whoops, almost forgot about Calleigh. Didn't expect to see her at all. But good to see her too.
    -Hmm *frown* why there was that huge mess of cables when Nat and Calleigh needed to plug the phone? Usually they have less problems at that or no cable mess.
    -Ok maybe it's just me but how that comes that H's team is the only working on evidence properly? For some reason this made me feel the previous team did only overall work without actually checking all the evidence. Or they just did that in old-fashioned way making assumptions and just did what fit the most?
    -I liked how kind was Natalia to Patrick (?).
    -LOL Ryan and Molly's coffee date. He really seemed reluctant to go somewhere and all the time looked around like desperately trying to find a distraction. Well he found one. Kinda nice though seeing him and H reunite and about to fight:lol:

Well that about all I can remember from my shot list of points.

9. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ok yet again or finally officially, whatever you like, I watched Caged. And now on there's only three weeks left before the channels screws on the thousands of viewers due to some whacky money cuts and spiteful behaviour towards national television contracts. So basically I'll be able to watch only three more episodes if by some miracle the channel stays on free-pack or tv provider does as I asked then @twitter which would be a huge benefit.
    Uh. Went out bit too ranty-moody.

About the episode.
    Amusing to me was Frank's dealing with that fancy computer.

Gosh how I loved Ryan's chasing scene:adore:. And finally he's doing it without H's assistance.

Ha Tom can be snappy not only to Ryan and Walter but also to Calleigh.

The moment when Frank had to deal with that woman made me think he feels kinda awkward comforting her.

Yet another time fell in love with Ryan's sneakers:lol:

Weird that Ryan and Molly went into that barn without any protection knowing there was that chemical in there.

Ok one really bugging thing (most likely it's my own problem) was Ryan getting knocked out. First it seemed like wow! but then I realized the guy was wrestler so it didn't take too much to knock Ryan out. But then he yet again proves to be "super-Wolfe" to be perfectly fine after.

I laughed at Natalia who got splashed with saliva and sweat. That really looked *eeww!*

---
    OMG! Rex Linn is taunting me:eek: :guffaw: Just saw him in Breakdown. And, guess what, he was sheriff :lol:
    I swear that guy fits into uniform :guffaw:

10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

So Im about 3 episodes behind, but I just watched the courier murder / doll / drug smuggling episode. Definitely one of the weaker ones I thought.

Was it me or was Frank squeezing his eyes tightly shut during the gun fight in the warehouse. Which incidentally was hilarious, Frank uses 2 clips and doesnt hit one of the bad guys, Horatio rolls in to the rescue and takes them both out within a few shots. Great stuff. But the highlight of the episode was Natalie running.

I started watching the following episode with Natalie being kidnapped by a serial killer, so far it looks promising.

11. marymagdalen

Makes me laugh too, Andy - every time! But Horatio is never in danger of getting shot because, I've noticed, the bad guys can only ever hit nameless officers in uniform. It's like in Star Trek: you just know that the un-named, never-before-seen ensign that joins the away team is DOOMED!! Oh, and they can hit Eric. Uniformed officers and Eric. Actually, it's a good job Eric doesn't wear a uniform, or I guess he'd be dead by now! :lol:

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Very true. It would have been nice for Frank to actually have hit one of the bad guys, but no, a susual it is down to super H- the fastest gun in Miami!
    Andy- The doll epi was rather weak.
    BDS- Hope the channel stays free for you.

Last nights episode- I enjoyed it, but it was rather far fetched. I dont think it helped that I disliked the main girl in it (both sides of her) and I didnt think she was a very good actress.
    Ryan running again! He is getting alot of action scenes, poor thing must have been worn out. Aww, but Eric had to take the perp down. Well, at least it wasnt H.

As I said, a far fetched concept and a far fetched reason for murder.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I hope that too. But I'll see whole season 9 if schedule won't change as it's only three episodes left.

14. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Being in North America, it's a long time since I watched that episode. While I originally though Horatio hit them both, I'm sure I, in second viewing, saw Frank take out the first one to go down and Horatio take out the second guy. Since frank was using Horatio's bullets maybe that is why his marksmanship improved. (Tongue in Cheek)

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yes, H's magic bullets. Always get their man!