Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yes, Adam did a great job, and hopefully he gets to do it again some time. There was a good amount of screentime for all, and it was nice hearing the different languages.

After seeing the beginning I thought I may have watched the epi before, but then I decided that it was just that I had seen something similar, the hunting of people, on Criminal minds. It wasnt until 3/4 in that I realised that I had seen the entire epi before, but just couldnt remember it. And the thing is I did enjoy it, so not sure what my memory is doing!

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I can agree to all of you. That episode was a total treasure. Can't wait next week to see it again (seen it online some time ago).
    I wish Adam could write some more episodes. Really good job.
    I bet I can say more next week when I'll be watching it but I think I've already mentioned my pov of this epi from before (somewhere over the forum).

-
    Actually I was supposed to say something about last night's epi- Blood Lust but my dumb-head decided to forget. Only thing that confused me was Ryan's shirt colour, as I was thinking it's light green (don't ask where my eyes were:lol:) but it turned out to be that "..." (cross-striped kind if I knew the name of it *blame my teacher*).

I think last night's "i'll be gentle" episode sweeped all my logical thoughts outta window so I'm still missing part of my sanity (god how that episode made me laugh:guffaw:)

3. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I missed this episode - what happened?

I enjoyed last nights, shades of the Van Damme movie Hard Target too. Horatio showed his meaner side (its been very common place in ths series) when he threatened to burn the guys hand.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ H has done that many questionable acts recently that I cant even remember what happened. It was a further example of police brutality, whatever it was. It doesnt say much for the season that i cant remember most of the episodes. They are not exactly gripping at the moment.

5. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Andy - a guy was pulled in as a suspect in a case based solely on the fact that he had hit his wife, who was a friend of the victim. He was not guilty of the murder, but at the end of the episode, Horatio had him dragged into an interview room, locked the door, closed the blinds, and was obviously about to beat him up when the episode ended. Absolutely ridiculous - as I think I intimated in my original post!

I agree, Solitaire - there have been more than a few turkeys this season! However, the last two or three episodes have been better. Looking forward to tonight's episode - just feeling a bit :rolleyes: that it's Natalia getting in trouble... again... for the third time at least this season. Still, I suppose with Calleigh being stuck behind... well, anything and everything, it seems! and the men being far too big and strong to get into trouble:lol:, there's no one else to pick on, is there?!!

Jude

6. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

LOL H yelling "run!" to suspect:lol:
    Finally Hunting Grounds tonight on my tv:D

7. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I mentioned earlyon in this thread that horatios character has changed to be much more mean, however as the season has gone along he seems to have become closer to the edge of brutality. I find it quite a strange change in character direction.

And I agree thus season has had more duffers than normal.

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

I can't believe I made a list during episode:wtf: But I really did it.

And here it goes:
    Funny Frank- he made me laugh about his disbelief about that orchid hunter.
    French speaking Walter- awesome. Really enjoyed the moment.
    Ryan- apart that green shirt making me nuts, haystack & needle talk was hilarious. Oh nice little detail about Ryan not liking wildlife f-t-f but likes to watch on tv. Just like me:lol:. LOL that leech moment made my coffee fly on the floor and chocolate stuck.. Well not that bad but close:)
    Hated translators for leaving out important text details like "Mr. Wolfe" for the uptenth time that irritates me to wanting me to throw a bomb at studio window.

Horatio threatening suspect and Ryan assisted. Hmm... Little brutal. But not too much. And yet again Ryan looked just a really little bit evil:lol:
    Frank finally putting down that orchid guy.

Ha ha that leech comment from (Travers?) and Nat defending Ryan. Sweet.

Another fun moment between Ry and Nat. Too sad that the damn translation ruined the fun moment leaving just the funny translated version that sounded equally.

Wow Frank driving Hummer:eek: Nice:)

H sneaking up and threatening that man:lol: "Run Wes, run!" kinda funny anyways. Did that guy peed himself?

Aww H smiled so sweetly at the end.

-
    That's about all what I got about Hunting Grounds

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

BDS- Yes, Hunting Ground was a good episode. You are right behind us now, in episodes.

Ahh, yes. I kinda remember now. :) No, this season hasnt been great. There have been some ok epis and some good moments, but overall rather lacking.
    I think it is next week that Nat is in trouble. You are right, with Calleigh indisposed it has fallen on Nat to be the resident damsel in distress. It is a shame that they feel that that is the only way these strong women can be tested. And they always seem to need rescuing :rolleyes:

I also dont get why they have changed H in this way. Ok, so make him alittle darker, but not to the point where he is taking the law into his own hands. And the show seems to be condoning police brutality. I wish that they had changed him by making him a little more human- not being able to save everyone, letting some emotion out and yes maybe even doing some paperwork once!

Last nights epi- decent enough.
    1. Travers' tank- top was hideous. i hope people dont think that that is what 'English' people wear
    2. Ryan's jacket. Not as bad as the tanktop, but still horrid
    3. Eric's shirt. Pretty purple, looked good in it, but not something Eric would wear, at all.
    4. Plot? I was too distracted by the outfits to pay close attention.Hmm, ah yes. Natalia is supposed to be a clever csi. Ok, so why could she not see that Sean had murderer written all over him at the hospital. Come on girl. That was the point when I knew exactly who the murderer was. H to Sean, cant take the law into your own hands. Yes, I laughed out loud there :rolleyes:
    5. Those dolls were awful, no wonder the company was going bust

10. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh Solitaire I was thinking the same. Exactly an episode behind if they won't pull the schedule off again. I think first time we were on same episodes or also close but for checking out I'm too lazy (and battery low).

And I can't remember next episode name (the one you just watched) but it sounds fun according that list:)
    Maybe Ryan exchanged clothes?:lol:
    Defo be waiting next Tuesday to see it my own eyes.
    Which days Miami is shown in UK?

11. marymagdalen

Yes, you're right, Solitaire: it's next week's episode with Nat in trouble - I was reading the wrong TV schedule!

Can't say I really noticed the clothes, but I too raised an eyebrow at Horatio's "You can't take justice into your own hands" line - a case of "do as I say and not as I do" if ever there was one!!:lol:

A couple of other things I noticed too:

1. (And this happens every other episode) When someone calls Horatio to a crime scene or whatever, how does he know where to go when he never asks for an address? :wtf:

2. Wasn't it lucky not only that Horatio knew that Frank had run out of ammo at the warehouse, but also that he just happened to have some on him when he arrived?!! :lol:

Ah, CSI: Miami - so quirky, so cheesy, so incomprehensible! But I can't help loving it!! :cool:

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

BDS- Miami is shown in the UK every Tuesday night. Then when this season is over we will get Vegas in the same spot, on the tuesday. Tuesday is CSI day here!
    Mary- That is true, H doesnt ever wait to find out where he is going. But they are all guilty of that. They have a 10 second phone convo but then know everything about a case.
    Ahh yes, but H is superH, thats how he managed to get to Frank so fast. There must be no traffic in Miami. And that is also how he knw about the ammo- his sixth sense!
    It is soooo silly this programme, but it just sucks me in!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Solitaire- Right. We have here too. Tuesday nights of Miami season 9 plus season 8 later (till 2am approx) but they show one epi of s8 on Mondays too (1-2am). I dunno what are they going to show after because after New Years eve I won't see the channel (they're moving to paid channels package). But on Mondays we got NY's s7 (which I also won't see past NYE). I might pull a hazard guess they'll be following your schedule after finishing off Miami. Because I believe Tuesdays will stay csi days (it's been like that ever since Miami started).

Mary- I tend to find it weird too. I've never heard H asking for address.

14. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Oh no I thought you were talking about Hunting Grounds til I read this bit. Thanks for the spoiler to next weeks episode ;)

15. marymagdalen

Where are you watching from, Andy? The thread is discussing Season 9 as it's being shown in the UK, so if you're out of sync with that, I'm afraid you're gonna get spoilers! :( ;)