Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
More casting info for the Cath is leaving story arc.

From Ausiello:

It appears Ted Danson’s nascent CSI boss is about to get his first major test.
The CBS procedural has tapped TV’s go-to scoundrel, Titus Welliver (Sons of Anarchy, The Good Wife, Lost), to play a villainous new foe to Russell and Co. in multiple episodes.
Welliver’s character, John, is a slick, arrogant and powerful military contractor who is questioned about his company’s role in a recent arms theft. Although cooperative, Russell suspects John knows more than he’s letting on.
The role is the centerpiece of a major storyline that sources say ties into the looming departure of Marg Helgenberger’s Catherine. Annabeth Gish was just cast Cat’s old friendand the suspicious, fearful wife of Welliver’s John.
Additionally, Melrose Place‘s Grant Showand Friday Night Lights‘ Matt Lauria are set to play FBI agents who come to town to assist the CSIs on a “big case.” It’s probably safe to assume that the missing arms plot is that very case.
Welliver is slated to debut in this season’s ninth episode, airing November 23.
I think Smokey meant for this to go in this thread. :)

I have to say, I'm loving the casting so far in Catherine's exit arc!

This is an article in the New York Times that DLA links to in his Twitter. :) (Not really spoilerish but I'm putting it in here as I really don't know where else to put it. :)) There is a little video from CSI Down.

Old Shows, New Faces, Big Risks

‘CSI’

CBS, 12th Season

OUT Laurence Fishburne, generally acknowledged not to have found his footing during his three seasons on the show.

IN Ted Danson as D. B. Russell, new night supervisor of the Las Vegas crime lab.

With an ironclad formula and a large, veteran ensemble, “CSI” can ride out changes better than most shows. It has already dealt with the departure of its original star, William Petersen (replaced by Mr. Fishburne) and the temporary defection of one of its primary supporting actors, Jorja Fox. It has rolled right along into Season 12, and Mr. Danson’s talents as a comedian have been a boon. The producers have always tried to balance the forensic gore and violence with touches of humor, but in Mr. Petersen, Mr. Fishburne and Marg Helgenberger, they haven’t had lead actors who were naturally funny.

GRADE A.

Like the fact that they think that CSI is equiped to ride out major changes better than most. :)

Susan

Billy may not have been a comic actor, but he still had a great deadpan ability.

I will be happy as long as the stolen arms plot doesn't turn into a CSI Miami style thing...please writers don't go too over the top. Super H walking away from explosions is enough LOL.

Well, we never got promo pics for "Maid Man" but we finally have a press release for next week's episode.

THE CSIs INVESTIGATE A MURDER NEAR THE FREAKISH ATTRACTIONS OF A 19th-CENTURY-INSPIRED TRAVELING SIDESHOW, ON “CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 2

CHEAT TWEET: A cast of characters appears when a Jane Doe is found at a traveling sideshow 11/2 10pm ET/PT #CSI LINK

“Freaks & Geeks” – When a Jane Doe is found near the freakish attractions of a 19th-century-inspired traveling sideshow, the team investigates a cast of unusual characters, on CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, Wednesday, Nov. 2 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
Ted Danson (D.B. Russell)
Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows)
George Eads (Nick Stokes)
Paul Guifoyle (Captain Jim Brass)
Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle)
Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders)
Robert David Hall (Dr. Robbins)
David Berman (David Phillips)
Wallace Langham (David Hodges)
Elisabeth Harnois (Morgan Brody)

GUEST CAST:
Jon Wellner (Henry Andrews)
Jenny Parsinen (Rachel Grier)
Suzanne Cryer (Dr. Jennifer Grier)
Skyler Day (Silvia Grier)
Tug Coker (Seth Helm)
Kevin McNally (Steven Watt)
Tim Dax (Zodiac)
Paul Hodge (Joseph Merrick)
Lewis T. Powell (Uniformed Officer)

WRITTEN BY: Christopher Barbour
DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

Paul Guifoyle (Captain Jim Brass)
And yet again they've misspelled his last name. Geez, he's only been on this show 12 years. You'd think they'd get it right.

LOL, when I first read that, I thought you meant they misspelled "Brass". I was like "how do you misspell that?" LOL. Then I looked and saw that the "L" was missing from Paul's last name.

The one thing that really gets me. After seeing sooo many previews for shows with Halloween themed episodes--why doesn't CSI ever have one? Not just Halloween, but what about a holiday episode? Or a New Year one? Something...

I know it's not spoilerish at all but I had to say it :p

The one thing that really gets me. After seeing sooo many previews for shows with Halloween themed episodes--why doesn't CSI ever have one? Not just Halloween, but what about a holiday episode? Or a New Year one? Something...

I know it's not spoilerish at all but I had to say it :p

Art Intimidates Life was the Halloween ep and Dog Eat Dog was the Thanksgiving ep

But yeah I get it, I'm still waiting on a Christmas ep :(

"Freaks & Geeks" is kind of a Halloween episode from what I hear. Just not airing on the holiday.

"Let It Bleed" from season nine was a Halloween episode and I believe "Abra Cadaver" was a Halloween-themed episode that aired on Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back