Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

Thanks for the hi! Yeah, they have me totally sucked in now. I think it'd be hysterical if that little flirty thing she does with Flack is what finally got Mac's hackles up and made him make a move.

2. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Okay, so we had another episode of the new season, with a few nice Jo/Mac scenes.

Well, I think I couldn't be more happy about seeing Jo and Mac working together again. I almost forgot how much I enjoyed their partnership mixed with flirtatious banter and everything else I see in their relationship. But yesterday's episode proved me that every single scene they share becomes my favourite. I ain't even sorry.

Okay, so what did I like?

Obviously, the first scene, when Jo sees Mac back in his office, plus the short bit before that, about guys making a bet over their his come back. I enjoyed her way of passing over it lightly, walking into his office casually, talking about the case, with making no fuss over his arrival. :) I think it was really well-thought and it WORKED. I mean - Mac's reaction? I smiled to myself when I heard this No "Good to see you, Mac", "Welcome back to the lab", nothing? line. ;) Watching Mac expecting some sort of attention (the same situation happened with Hawkes later in the episode) and being surprised by not getting it: priceless. :thumbsup:

And Jo's response was exactly what I expected from her. With her cheeky smile and "I knew you'll be back attitude". Like nothing's changed. I liked it a lot.

They're back with their interrogation scenes! Oh, I missed them interrogating suspects together (I mean, usually it was with Jo being the interrogator and Mac watching her doing it, but still). Plus, I always smile to myself (looks like do it a lot :p) when Jo's looking "at" Mac (or Mac and Flack) via one-way mirror. :)

Actually, we didn't get to see alot of them (we saw more of Jo/Tyler, I think), but, for me, it was highly gratifying. I feel comforted, knowing Mac's around again. ;) I think it was a good episode for them, not overwhelming (I'm actually happy Jo talked about Tyler with Adam and Sheldon, not with Mac), but decent.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I absolutely loved the scene they shared in the office :). Mac asking her for a welcome was so cute and Jo's answer was, well, very Jo :lol:. That's the kind of things she says and does that IMO unsettles him and it's one of the reasons I love these two. I would've liked to know Mac's thoughts on the whole Tyler thing but I also like that sometimes they both share things with the others and not always with each other. It makes their moments even more special ;).

4. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

I have to be careful not to let my imagination run away with me too much... because why didn't they let Jo in on the bet? My mind is willing to believe it's because they all suspect she spends more time with Mac than gets admitted, and thus would know too much about what he was planning to do. Otherwise, I'm confuzzled over that... she clearly had no desire to keep the job, so it wasn't because they were worried about upsetting her. Filed under "things that make you go hmm"

I loved her reaction to his query in the office. So her and so uniquely them.

I'll be curious to see if the roommate issue comes up later in the season resulting in something Jo does need Mac's counsel on. It was good to see her share family stuff with other people, but I did love how she and Mac talked through the "Identity Crisis" stuff last year.

5. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I moved this conversation to this thread.

I thought Mac was going to wipe the grease of her face. ;D But I was wrong... damn.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

We still don't know how the scene ends... ;) I was thinking maybe they go on talking about the case and then Mac goes something like "Adam's right you know." She asks about what and he tells her "about the overalls" and walks away. Your idea, though, sounds even better ;).

:lol: Such a small scene and we are left speculating about possible outcomes for Mac and Jo.

7. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Of course we are. This thread is ALIVE!

8. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Again, another episode full of Mac/Jo interaction, they make such a good double act :thumbsup:. LOL at the scene in the ipounde when Mac kicked her foot and he helped her up... instead of helping her up, he should of lay on top of her :devil:. Adam was right.. Jo does look hot in those overalls :lol:.In my opinion, they make a great couple and both Mac and Jo know it too :)

9. macandjogirl

macandjogirl Victim

I swear Gary and Sela are at least playing it, even if it's not specifically on the page. Mac and Jo just seem way to familiar with each other for her to have been in his life for only a year unless they spend copious amounts of time together outside of work. But I loved every minute of it. :devil:

10. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

They're totally seeing each other secretly outside of work :devil: they did go out for Burgers and Peyton said in 'People With Money' that Mac makes a mean cheeseburger so i bet he's been cooking for her! I bet Mac was mentally drooling over her in those overalls... they so want each other! In my opinion, i think they clicked from the start and now, there's loads of eye sex and sexual tension floating around them :devil:

11. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Everytime I come to this thread and read your posts, I feel so much better about not being alone in my little obsession over them. :lol:

But seriously, I think yesterday's episode was one of the bests when it comes to Jo and Mac interacting with each other. I've never imagined something is going to push 'Identity Crisis' from the 1st place in my private ranking, but it turned out 'Cavallino Rampante' managed this task.

It's not even the fact that they had really a lot scenes together this week, but it's about HOW their relations were portrayed. They are still great as co-workers, but somehow their relationship looks much more intimate now. As you said, they seem really familiar with each other and as for one year long relationship it says a lot.

And this first scene? With Mac pulling Jo from under the car? I think I have to stop and say how much I love Sela Ward for doing what she does every time she has a scene with Gary. Because, truly, there was NOTHING flirty about this scene, from the script point of view (not in the way some of their flirty dialogues are written), but the way she laughed when he kicked her, immedietely guessing it's him, the way she said "Give me a hand", the way she smiled at him... THIS is was built this scene for me.

I'm not sure about Gary, 'cause he always seems so adamant about CSI:NY being only crime show, but I'd vote for Sela doing what she does, playing these scenes with him in this way, kind of intentionally.

Or maybe this is just Sela flirting with everything and everyone. Either way, I'm all for it.

Oh, you know what else I like about them? How they keep eye contact in every scene, all the time (it's a nice way of avoiding the term "eye sexing" ;)). Even when they're, like, not alone (in scenes with Flack, Lindsay, whoever), they still end up looking at each other, dropping the eye contact only for seconds.

Ugh, I feel my imagination is playing tricks with me. But who cares, I still think every episode with Jo/Mac is immedietely better.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

There was some serious flirting going on in the first scene. "Mac, is that you? Give me a hand." I mean, that look, that smile.

[​IMG] APPROVED.

I can't imagine Mac wanting to pursue someone different than Jo. I mean, the writers (and the actors) are clearly building up the interaction and the tension. If this dynamic between these two keeps progressing, I think there is a serious possibility of them getting involved (near the end of the season).

13. Ollie

Ollie Hit and Run

Of course it was (with Jo's personality and the way Mac behaves around her: could it be any different?) :)

But I got this feeling this wasn't one of these strickly flirty exchanges they have sometimes (ex. burlesque club thing, the end of 'Criminal Smooth'). It seemed more natural, like they were both used to behaving exactly like this around each other.

Which, I think, made this scene one of my favs.

Me neither. I'd love to see their relationship growing stronger, both when it comes to the tension and when it comes to becoming really important for each other.

I'll admit I have kind of big hopes with this Jo's past storyline coming. I'd love to see Mac supporting her through this whole mess.

14. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Uh-hu, I got that feeling too. I don't know how to explain, but there was a different vibe... more familiar. She seems even more comfortable around him. And there was something about the way she said his name… so loving.

Mac also seems more at ease since the beginning of the season. She has her influence on him. ;D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm so late to the party!!!!! :lol:

Just saw the episode and I am just in love with these two :adore: The leg-kicking scene was adorable!! I agree that they have this air of familiarity and seem so comfortable around each other that it's easy to think there's already something else going on. Maybe it's Sela and Gary having fun with it or maybe it's just built up for something along the way, but something is definitely there. I just hope the writers are watching their own show and don't pull a 180 and have Mac pursue someone else out of nowhere.