Mac/Jo: Making good first impressions

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 25, 2010.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Very cute scene between Mac and Jo at the end of friday's episode. They truly seem to be developing a very trusting relationship and I loved how Jo was able to open up to Mac about what was going on with Ellie. That moment in the office with Jo confiding in Mac and Mac being there for her was really nice to watch. But the end was what really made me smile. The way they were just talking and making fun of each other was priceless. I loved that Mac teased her about her messy desk and that he invited her to grab a burger. His "Jo, stop" made me laugh. It was a nice scene to watch and Mac being so loose and smiley is a treat. Their chemistry is really nice though I am of the opinion that Sela has chemistry with everything and everyone who stands before her ;). Good Mac/Jo episode :).

2. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

The only thing this idea does for me is make me feel queasy me and roughly 99.9999999999% of the audience. The only love interest we as an audience and Mav will ever want or need is Stella anything else is plain insulting to the loyalty shown to both the show and GS for the past 7 years. By all means let them be friends but nothing more Jo works much better with Russ anyway they really do make a convincing couple like the Smacked of old always did and always will.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Please keep in mind, this thread is for discussing Mac and Jo's relationship. Either friendship or the potential of more.

This is NOT the thread to bash their relationship or say Stella and Mac is better.

The debate thread is tacked to the top of the forum. That is the place to discuss (and I emphasis discuss) your dislike for a ship or a pairing, not in the thread itself.

So, please let's keep this thread dedicated to Jo and Mac.

Thank you.

4. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

I adore their friendship. And I'm kinda with Sela on this one..."More interesting for people to want them to get together than it is for them to actually get together."

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oh, I agree. The *potential* for something more than friendship can often be much more interesting than two characters actually becoming romantically involved (although that can work very well too, if it's written right). For now I really enjoy the friendship and closeness between Mac and Jo, and I want to see that develop more before anything *more* happens between them. The chemistry between them is just lovely, though, and they seem to be growing closer (as friends/partners) and opening up to each other more and more as the season progresses (I'm in the UK, so just saw 'Smooth Criminal').

About 'Smooth Criminal' I LOVED the scene at the end between Mac and Jo and the look on his face when he said the interactions between Hawkes and Camille could mean the start of a beautiful friendship, and Jo said 'Or just some hot steamy sex' - LOL. I think Mac definitely likes Jo, and I think he likes that he doesn't quite know how to handle her. That reminds me of Mac and Jane Parsons from DNA back in s1/s2, she brought Mac out of himself and he always seemed a bit unsure around her. Jo can make Mac all flustered, and as a Mac fan, I find that very cute.
    I like too how the chemistry and closeness between them seems natural rather than forced, like even though it's part of the way the characters are written, it also comes from a real chemistry/closeness between the actors. Gary and Sela seem to really enjoy working together, and I think that comes out a lot in Mac and Jo's interactions.

6. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Yeah i totally agree. they make a good pair, but the whole "married couple" dynamic Stella and Mac had was better. personally, i hope that they bring Stella back in a few years, but for now, a good female FRIEND!!!!!!!! would be good for Mac.

7. legitlyobsessed

she is pretty awesome, and i like her character and her ability to pick out relationships and such, but i would maybe like to see both stella and Jo working together? if that's at all possible.

8. legitlyobsessed

I love Ta-Da, that's just awesome :hugegrin: here are some ideas i had:
    Taylorville, MacDanville (or, alternatively, McDanville, but that makes me think of mcdonalds, so...), jomac
    ...actually, i had a great one this morning, but i forgot it, and this is what i came up with trying to remember it.
    none of them are as good as Ta-Da.

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome to TALK CSI and to Shipper Central legitlyobsessed :D

Here. as in every other forum on the board, we have rules about posting.

You can edit your post for up to 24 hour after making it.

That way if you forget to add something you can edit it without posting two or three posts in a row. That way other members can reply to your post and the threads don't get too spammed up.

Please let one of us mods know if you have any other questions.

Enjoy and welcome again to TALK CSI.

10. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Hope no one here minds me dropping in like this. I'm still a little disappointed about Stella leaving and bursting my SMack bubble. Now, though, I'm starting to like the chemistry between Mac and Jo better. Sorry fellow SMackers but I'm just being honest. I wish the writers could write a Flack/Angell romance for Mac and Jo. I think they could be the next Flack and Angell. Or the next seasons 2 and 3 Danny and Lindsay. Or season 3 Mac and Peyton. I still like Peyton and Mac but I'm still super annoyed with Peyton for the "Dear Mac" letter dumping in season 4.

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm pretty much done with SMacked (And pretty much all shipping altogether) TV-wise although I'm not investing in Mac/Jo either. I'm just NOT feeling it at all, perhaps it's still the intense embitterment I've been overcome with since Melina leaving all of a sudden.

I am totally fine with Mac & Jo with a friendSHIP! :) Just not romantic pairing! That to me, would just add insult to the grievous injury from the demise (Hopefully temporary) of SMacked. I had to go to therapy to recover from the sheer meltdown I felt over that, hard to believe. :(

As far as rebounding, I've pretty much come to reject ALL ships, sadly both this and SMacked, except for GSR and D/L even though the latter has been shaky at best at times.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I'm still undecided whether I want them to become romantically involved. As Sela said in one of her interviews, it's sometimes more fun watching the tension and the flirting than watching them actually get together. But, if this is the last season (hopefully not), I wouldn't mind them becoming a couple at the end of the season.

According to the spoilers Mac is going to pursue somebody romantically. In that case, I only want it to be Jo.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

If Mac is going to pursue someone I too want it to be Jo. Maybe along the season they can acknowledge there's something more to their relationship but to keep things professional they decide to not pursue it. But it'll still be there and we can just see the tension and a little moment here and there but not a romantic relationship per say. Then at the end of the series, Mac retires and they can be together :).

14. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I do think Sela has a point there. I agree that it's probably better to be teased about it on shows like the CSI's rather than any of them actually happening canon-wise.

I would like this area of shipping to be left up to audiences to decide if Mac goes with either Jo, Stella, or someone else, preferrably someone far outside the forensics department.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

A reminder to everyone that this thread is for discussing the pairing of Mac and Jo either romantically or just as friends only.

This is not a thread for discussion of other ships or who you would rather see the characters with. You can find that here.