Season 9 Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by vegaslights, Oct 4, 2010.

1. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Despite the good ratings, and my prediction of a ratings increase for CSI-Miami in Season 10, I think it's going to be it's last season. I've been watching CBS Promos of line up of shows for this fall, and I see nothing about promoting CSI-Miami. In the promos, they promote "The Good Wife", some of thier new shows, H50, but nothing about CSI-Miami. Now I'm not saying this is going to happen, so don't get me wrong, but I never see any promos for CSI-Miami, so something looks funny to me. I've seen networks and stations axe shows that had good ratings to put in place show that get the public upset, but then, CBS/Viacom hopes people will forget and adapt.

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Sunday's re-run of Paint It Black brought 4.42 million viewers and a 0.9 in the demo.

3. Grissom rules

Sunday's last re-run of the summer hiatus (Mayday) brought 5.9 million viewers and a 1.1 in the demo.

4. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I usually don't keep up with ratings. Are these good ratings for re-runs?

5. Grissom rules

For it's timeslot these numbers are OK.The good thing is that Miami did better than The Good Wife during the summer re-runs.

6. Grissom rules

NFL really hurt last night's season premier...Countermeasures brought 9.984 million viewers and a 2.2 in the demo, while downwards adjustments are possible due to NFL overrun.

7. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I think we need a season 10 ratings thread :)

8. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

RIP CSI: Miami. The ratings will only get worse. I am now convinced that this will be the last season.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Hardline Pro, we understand you do not like CSIM, as you have indicated in several posts; however, it is important to clarify the preliminary numbers. This is from TV by the Numbers--There were CBS NFL football overruns into primetime in a number of big metro areas (including NYC, Philadelphia, St. Louis, Baltimore Kansas City and Minneapolis) that render the CBS results (above) effectively useless for comparison purposes, remember that their fast affiliate results are likely to be adjusted more than usual in the final ratings.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

What are you talking about? CSI: Miami is my favorite TV show, I'm just stating the facts. It's a shame that CBS doesn't care about the show, because if they did then they would do something about the delays or move CSI: Miami to a different timeslot.

I don't hate the show, but these numbers aren't good and they will only get worse if it keeps getting delayed because of football.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It wasn't delayed in all places though. It came on when it was supposed to where I live. It's been said though that CSI Miami has done better than any other show in that timeslot with all the interruptions and such. So, that's something.

12. Grissom rules

Final numbers are in and the premier was adjusted up after all...9.890 million viewers and a 2.3 in the demo.

13. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I thought it'd get more viewers than that, it was a fantastic episode.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but NBC had football on, so some people might have watched football and then watched Miami later online.

15. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Also, it is understandable that people would tune in to the new show Pan Am. From what I've read so far, they think it is a pretty good show so it is too early to tell what impact that will have. However, I would think they are a different set of fans.

Hardline Pro, I am glad you are a fan. But it's like telling your significant other that you love them dearly but at the same time tell them over and over they are a failure at work and are going to get fired.