Season 12 Spoiler Lab Discussion Part 2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I guess I'm just still unhappy about Cath getting in trouble when they should've penalized the whole team, really. I see the logic, though...they're probably like "she's the boss,she should have controlled them all and not let them do it" but I don't like it anyway.

3. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

Please tell me again how no one on this board hates LF, just the way the TPTB brought him in and the way the writers wrote the Ray Langston character? Seems to me that only someone who hates LF would want his departure to have gone down this way. Especially when every indication has been that he left of his own accord. We all believe what we want to believe, I guess.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Two people out of a whole board of posters. Clearly the LF hatred is overpowering. :rolleyes: :wtf:

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

:lol: At first I was wondering what was with the random 22 and if you had just plain out lost it altogether...:p But after looking back, I am assuming that it was posted in response to Crumbs inquiry about how many episodes that are scheduled for this season.

6. butterflies.lan

butterflies.lan Victim

Is the premiere tomorrow night? It follows "Criminal Minds" right?

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yes it does :)

8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Thank you Shane. :D

From Down in our news items: Review - CSI Crime Scene Investigation - Hello Ted Danson

A 3 week training seminar for Nick. :) I like the sounds of this. :D
    Sounds like Catherine's dealing pretty good with being demoted. :)

Susan

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well, I never said that. ;)

10. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Again, I don't hate LF. I simply agreed with Wojo, regardless of the flack it brings.

I think LF tried to do his best for the show. It appears that he/they thought that his presence as a film star would re-invigorate the ratings, whereas it instead seemed to bring the ratings down after 2 1/2 years. After his time on the show it was obviously not working. I'm sorry, but from other accounts I've read (NOT rag sheets, I don't read those) it was not HIS choice to leave. He continued to make movies while doing CSI, so it's not like he needed to leave in order to continue his film career. He himself stated that he was not looking to leave (I do have that interview), so it doesn't seem logical that he would change his mind in less than 30 days. I simply think that TPTB decided to not renew his contract in order to try and appease long time viewers and change the direction of the show. Nobody was ready to throw in the towel yet, which I for one, am extremely glad they didn't! That doesn't mean I hate Laurence Fishburne.

I'm going to like seeing D.B.'s arrival through Nick's point of view! Sounds cool! I'm glad he was at a training seminar rather than absent for any other reason.

I wish they would put out the normal 24 episodes though, like most of my other favorite shows!

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

3 weeks. Seriously? For a 'training seminar'? For what, how to follow orders?
    Sorry, but that's weird. And contrived.
    Still, I'm looking forward to DB's premiere.

ETA: Just to address PA and Robin, I don't see the hate here for LF in that quote. His decision to leave was purely business, I'm sure. He had a good run, his character had a dramatic exit, and I suspect CBS couldn't give him what he wanted to continue in the role. He's gone, so be it, for whatever reason. RIP.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nick's training thing is probably related to entomology. Remember a while back he did go to a course in entomology in Hawaii.

13. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's what I was thinking, I mean, he is the new bug man, right? :lol:
    Continuing that would be a small tribute to Grissom :thumbsup:

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does this mean though that he's not demoted? Or is he demoted cause Cath is back down to assistant supervisor?

15. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.