**Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Bienvenido a Miami!**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

2. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Wouldn't CBS inform them if it was the last season? So they could write the show out properly? And I haven't paid attention to Miami's ratings, but seasons 8 and 9 were exceptionally good.......

Like I've said before, I love football, and I love watching it on Sundays. So it makes no sense to me for Miami to be on right after (or during) a game on the same channel. It's like somebody pissed somebody off...

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I think networks are better at informing shows than they once were,but there are probably still situations were they aren't informed. NY was informed that there was a possibility it was ending which is why they had such a great last episode at the end of last season.The episode could serve as a season or show ender. I would think CBS would do the same for Miami.
    There was a show on another network a few years ago that wasn't informed it was ending until after a big cliff hanger had aired,we never did find out the outcome of the characters.

4. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

^^^I think that show was The Sopranos (never watched it, but I remember people freaking out over the last episode), but I could be wrong.

I think Miami's inevitable cancellation is going to be a last-minute thing. TPTB are gonna see the craptastic ratings and be like "Why even bother?' and hit the show with the ol' cancel-hammer. That means we'll probably get stuck with a cliffhanger as the last episode, which would totally suck.

I know that the show Eureka was supposed to have a sixth season to end its run, but TPTB at Syfy suddenly changed their minds and cancelled the show. The worse part about it is that they didn't inform the cast and crew, and they had to find out the same way the fans did. I hope that the people who work on the CSI shows don't have to experience this, but I wouldn't put it past CBS.

Sorry, total pessimist post. Carry on.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I was speaking of a show by the name "The Others", it ended about 10 years ago. The cliffhanger had almost every character possibly dying.
    I would think since all ths CSI shows have a long history with CBS,CBS would allow them the opportunity to end with closure.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved "The Others". That was a great show, but I hated how it ended. I'm still mad at NBC for that move. Funny thing is when they canceled the Saturday Night Thrillogy, the show they replaced it with didn't last more than ten episodes, if that many lol.

Kyle XY on ABC Family Channel was done that way too. Because they didn't get enough notice either and it had a big cliffhanger. I'm also still ticked about that one LOL.

I really hope they don't do Miami that way. That would really suck. Can you imagine if it got canceled and the last episode had a cliffhanger like "All Fall Down"? Ugh, that would be the pits lol.

7. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I don't know whether CBS will allow the CSI shows, including CSI Miami, to end, when they finally do, with closure, but I sure hope they do and more than just closure, with an ending that has no one seriously hurt, killed or disgraced.

If they do not do that for CSI Miami it will be a long time before I forgive them or watch their network again, especially if they hurt Horatio.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's what I would like for all the characters too.

That would be the pits. Then we would have a bunch of discussions about how we thought the cliffhanger would be resolved.

9. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

Don't forget all the fanfics! THINK OF ALL THE PLOTBUNNIES. IT WOULD BE COMPLETE CHAOS. O_O

Neverending plotbunnies...!

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

This has been said many times before, David thinks that the perfect ending to the series would to have Horatio die. If written correctly, it could be a great ending.

And another reason why I think this is CSI: Miami's last season, they have only been picked up for 19 episodes, last year there was 22 episodes. Budget cuts on the last season maybe...?

11. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

...Ehh. If they kill Horatio off, they kill him off. At this point, I don't care anymore. He's just a fictional character, after all. *shrug*

Only 19?! Jeez, and I thought Series 6 of Doctor Who being split in half was bad...I think this is just CBS's sneaky way of telling us that CSI: Miami will be over soon.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Jonathan Togo told CSI Files that CBS ordered 19 episodes for the time being, but there's a possibility that the number could go up (to as high as 22).

13. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Only 19 episodes? I didn't know that! Dang :( Hopefully they order more.

I know this is OT, but does anyone know of a site where I can get a banner for my signature that will actually show up when I post? I tried one but all that came up was the link. I want a Criminal Minds one.

14. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Info from Adam's TV teasers:

CSI: Miami

Episode 10.06 is called "By The Book."

The team investigate a murder at the estate of a famous Vampire Novel writer.
    Could it be that a real life vampire is the culprit? Early signs suggest that it could... (Yeah, sure.)

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

There's a thread in the Miscellaneous section for other fandom fanart where you can request a CM banner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.