Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo Thread #16

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Another question for Greg fans to get some conversation going, until we get some spoilers or new episodes, I wonder which will come first? :lol::(

Anyway here comes the question, if you could go back and change anything about or for Greg what would it be? What would be like the number one thing and then a few others? Or I guess if you have long list tell us :) why not :lol: exapmple: maybe there was a certain hairstyle you can't stand or whenever you watch a certain ep your like "Writers what the heck are you doing to our Greggo?!"

For me the number one thing I would probably change would be season 9, that was the worse season to Greg, majority of the time that season all he did was Archie's job and at times that was his only scene, even when Archie was there, he was still doing it

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Interesting topic sharp. I agree about Greg always sticking him in the lab and giving him Archie's job to basically get him into an episode. That was truly annoying.

I did hate the beginning of Season 2 hairstyle. :lol:

I wish they would have had continuity with Greg and the lab explosion. I still hate that in 4x4 we had no scars and we clearly saw his back and there should have been something.

And I really disliked last season in the last could of episodes where Greg catered to Ray's defense and didn't stand up for himself when Ray said to him "You can be part of the problem or the solution." I would like to see a little more backbone from him.

3. sharp52092

Yes if his only scene is doing Archie's job ever again, my head may explode

As for s2 hairstyles, I wouldn't call it my favorite hairstyle, though I'm not sure what my least favorite hairstyle is hmmmmm that could be the next question ;)

We had some in Inside the Box with Greg shaking and bandages, we were probably lucky to get that cause we all know how the writers are with continuity, though I'd take lousy continuity over him ever ever EVER doing Archie's job again

Cello and Goodbye and In a Dark Dark House where he came to Ray's defense, lousy continuity again, I'm not crazy about that either

It would have helped if he hadn't been doubting Ray last year, or Greg said that "I already doubted Ray once I'm trying to have his back this time", though when did Ray ever have Greg's? I must have blinked and missed that scene along with Greg at times during season 9 and some other times

I think it would have made more since if Greg had been doubting Ray since the 2 really aren't that close

4. Dizzney

Yeah there was continuity in Inside the Box but that was it. It was over with completely after that.

Yeah I think it would have been nice if Greg had been the one doubting Ray since they really hardly seem to work together on a case all the way through. Like I said, to me they just felt like co-workers/acquaintances not friends like he is with everyone else.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

This is something that's always bothered me in fanfics too - I don't think he would've had scars from what was shown in the episode. I did like the psychological followup, even though it was only mentioned one time.

I definitely agree with this! While I giggle at Greg giving in to the peer pressure in Redrum, that was a completely different situation, and there's no way he should have been such a pushover with Ray.

I agree about the hairstyle at the start of season 2. :lol: It changed quick enough though - even by about episode 7 it wasn't too bad. I think this past season was my favorite though. More natural than the crazy bleached spikes, but still not entirely tame and boring (like season 9 - even his hair took the season off! :lol:).

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I didn't think S9 was so bad. We only had a limited amount of episodes with very little screen time (as I remember it) plus we got a really good Greg moment or two in 'No way out'.

Anyway I would change what happened after FannySmackin, instead of the family suing and the whole lawsuit nonsense I think they could have gone a different way with Greg. Like making a decision to carry a gun (he does now but why?) or panicking over being on his own in the field, his emotions over being attacked and stuff like that.

7. Dizzney

True, it would have been interesting to see a different angle with the D.J. case, but I did like the lawsuit and how they did do it. I do wish he would have had a little more emotional reaction besides what he had in Fannysmackin'.

I loved his hair last season...by far my fave!

8. sharp52092

Hmm yeah more emotional scenes would have been great, though yes the law suit was an intesting angle, different from a lot of other storylines and also cause it's one of few storylines they actually completed

One of my favorites :) I like the color and it feels very Greg, it has spikes and is a little messy but also professional looking

9. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Regarding the new spoilers for the first ep
    I don't expect the tension between Cath and Nick to be as big an issue as people have speculated, but if it came to it, do you think Greg would pick sides?

10. sharp52092

^
    I don't think Greg will or should choose any side, do like in House of Hoarders Greggo stay out of it

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I too hope he doesn't pick sides. Yet if he does, history has shown he'd probably side with Nick. Depends on what exactly is causing the spat between Cath and Nick, but Greg has challenged Cath several times in the past.

12. Dizzney

I also think it will come down to what exactly the spat is about. Overall Greg likes to stay neutral unless it really affects him, so it seems.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I hope Greg stays out of it. Although I too thought if he felt forced to take sides, he'd probably side with Nick. I dunno, depends on who he's more afraid of LOL. But I bet Sara would be the peacemaker. I can see her saying "come on guys, stop fighting. It's Ray who put us all in this position to begin with. Let's not turn on each other, okay?"

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I can actually see Greg being the one to try to play peacemaker. I think he'd try to avoid taking sides or getting involved in the conflict at all (as others said, he likes to stay neutral, like in House of Hoarders).

If it's about who he's more afraid of, I'd say Catherine would win that one. He's always been friendly with Nick, but intimidated by Grissom and Catherine (and unfortunately, Ray :rolleyes:).

I really hope this "conflict" doesn't turn out to be anything much anyway - and in the first ep, Greg is working a different case with Morgan isn't he? So maybe he won't even see the tension between Nick and Catherine. (yes, wishful thinking! :D)

15. Dizzney

On your point Raynn, I think Catherine but for other reasons. Catherine didn't punish Greg last season after the Ellen Whitebridge fiasco when she could of. Plus Catherine trusted Greg way back when on her DNA test to find out Sam was her father. I think they connect overall nowadays than he is intimidated by her. I would say years ago, yes he was. But in the last few years not so much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.