Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Oh, Rizzoli--you didn't read the news on CSI Files, did you? JRN will be playing Mac's wife (yeah, now I realize there's a typo in the poll & I can't EDIT it!) in the flashback scenes of the special 9/11 episode. BTW, I love Rizzoli & Isles! Angie & Sasha are amazing together. :)

And for the record, since I started the poll--I vote #1, since she is way too young, IMO.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic...;)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From TVLine.com:

I wonder what the "special act" is? Oooh, could it be letting the air out of the beach ball??

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Mac told the woman in 'Blink' (the pilot episode, way back when he still wore a tie!!! Bring the ties back, Mac! :cool:) with the locked-in syndrome that story about the beach ball. It couldn't possibly be still filled with Claire's breath? That's a long time to hold onto a beach ball, IF that's what this 'closure' is. This will certainly be boo-hoo time. :(

4. PerfectAnomaly

I'd actually be shocked if TPTB even remember the beach ball considering their continuity issues. It was the first thing that came to my mind though and it would definitely be symbolic of him really, completely moving on.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Does anyone know how long Mac and Claire were married before 911? Are the flashbacks of Claire gonna be in 2001, or are they gonna be years before that when the two were married? Or both?

6. PerfectAnomaly

I remember the spoilers saying the flashbacks will be to the morning of 9/11. I don't know if there will be any besides that.

7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

If the writers do this right, that could be a powerful episode. I can't wait to see it.

8. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

That was the first thing that came to my mind... Mmm, what else could it be?

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

w00t! (phew) :p:lol:

:rommie: Amazing what one can cram into life 42 minutes a week...

...mebbe PTB are starting a whole different kinda !Triangle? ...Nah, it's CBS after all :lol:

Gotta go with numero 3. Hadda look her up, though the name was vaguely familiar :p.

Not bothered by the age. I think she'll suit Claire Ten Years Ago fine, whatever age Claire is meant to be.

An actor can also be made to look older more easily than one can really be made to look younger, but I'm sure NY's hair & make-up depts., not to mention DOP, grips, post, etc., can manage an implied if relative parity between the actors for a flashback :lol:.

Hm. Amick was older than Forlani, so as far as who has been cast to play opposite GS, NY has, outside of flashbacks and albeit rather incrementally, been moving in teh right direction... :lol: :p.

(Here's hoping they keep doing so for whomever NY writes as someone Mac might now pursue).

Yay, more spoilers, even if it's mostly expanding on info that's already been released :).

Sounds very promising, the premiere, very emotional, and yet looking forward as well. Sounds like a lot of effort and thought has gone into the whole endeavor, especially if they did head East to film some stuff. I'm quite keen to see what they've put together.

Also sounds like the rather ambivalent plateau that they left Mac on at the end of S7 will swing into new and more serene if not upbeat territory for S8.

Special act? Hmm. Wonder what that is, and if it will be separate from any other memorial ceremony where the team might also be present? More of a private, solo gesture?

:lol:. Me, I'd leave the ties and go back just a half step further and say, Bring back the side-burns, Mac! :lol::p

I'd be impressed if PTB recalled that too :lol:, notwithstanding the question of whether it would even be feasible as a possibility.

My guess might be something to do with his wedding ring? It was significant that he took it off at some point, and it would remain pretty symbolic even now, no matter that we haven't seen it in years. Or perhaps there's something he's started in her name, or suchlike?

Gotta say, I'm intrigued.

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

11. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

[​IMG]

Jake Busey | TheJakeBusey
    source : http://lockerz.com/s/126874320

source: twitter 's Jake Busey

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i agree, it seems like the most likely thing, but like you i'm veeeeery dubious about tptb's ability to remember anything longer ago than what they had for breakfast.

i'm a little sceptical about this ep generally - mostly because i'm extremely jaded with the whole series and frankly finding it hard to take seriously at all at the moment. BUT... it looks like this ep is all gary's work and given how hard he works for related causes, and his general integrity, it might turn out ok (assuming he doesn't let tptb tinker too much). also, they did a very good job with jahrzeit, and handled that sensitively, so again if they take that route, it'll be fine. but i'm still a bit dubious.

which makes me sad, btw, as this is a show i've got loads of good times from, it makes me sad to feel this jaded with it!

edit: ps - i say bring back sideburns but not ties. i'd rather they brought back those lovely v necked jumpers from season 2 <3

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I truly don't think it'll have anything to do with the beach ball, and not because TPTB don't seem to remember any of their past story lines, but because if you think about, sure letting the air out of the beach ball would be an act of closure... but then what? Then what does he do with it? Throw away? Re-stash it somewhere? Throw it in the ocean? :confused: The only thing I can conceive him doing with it, is maybe leaving it at the Wall of Rememberance (the fallen first responder memorial [and since he's said they filmed a scene there]). But that doesn't make total sense either considering it's the First Responder memorial and not the victim memorial... I don't know. I'm not at all convinced it'll have anything to do with the beach ball. But we'll see. With how personal 9/11 is for Gary, I have not the faintest doubts about at the very least his arc for the ep, and really his overall influence for the entire thing.

And I say bring both the ties and sideburns back!!!! :lol: He can still wear more casual stuff (please oh please oh PLEASE!!!!), but when he wears proper shirt and pants, I would loooooooooove to see a return of the tie :D

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LOL, that pic of Jake Busey, I totally thought that was Gary Busey. :facepalm: I was wondering if he got work done cause he looked so much younger, then saw that nope, that's his son LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.