'CSI:NY' Introduces Mrs Taylor, Plus More Season 8 Spoilers

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 29, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI: New York has cast two actresses for the beginning of the show’s eighth season, including Mac Taylor’s (Gary Sinise) deceased wife Claire; also, find out what’s in store for Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Lindsay Messer (Anna Belknap) when the show returns this fall. (Spoilers after the jump!) As CSI Files previously reported, the season [...]

More...

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm looking forward to seeing Claire in the flashbacks - the season premiere should be a very interesting (and very emotional) episode. I'm not really familiar with the actress playing Claire, but I'm sure she'll do great.

I'm not familiar with the other actress either, but I'm sure she'll be great too. :)

As for Danny and Lindsay, I'm glad the show is addressing Danny's promotion, and it should be interesting to see how that changes things for the team during season eight. However, I don't know why the promotion is a big deal relationship-wise. He and Lindsay will still be married, and unless Carmine is going to appear in fewer episodes (and I hope not!), the writers will find ways for him to interact with the team every week. It's not like they're living on different planets, and their jobs will still intersect on a regular basis. Most couples don't work together, and it just seems odd to me that two adults not spending every waking (and sleeping) moment together is expected to cause problems. :confused: I don't know, I guess we'll see.

I'm really looking forward to season eight! (Now someone needs to start sending questions about my queen Jo to these sites. :p)

3. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

She's too young, even with the 10-year difference in time. I wish they'd get the woman in the picture Mac showed Reed in the episode whose name I can't remember right now. I don't know her name--it was just a head shot. This won't be believable. :(

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

She's two months younger than Eddie Cahill. :eek: I guess Mac is a cradle robber. :rolleyes:

5. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

YES!!! Exactly. In my mind, they were both in the mid-30s/early 40s age range when 9/11 happened and its now a decade later. TPTB are really fudging the numbers on this one. :lol:

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I think they needed some better looking (she looked a little slutty) and should have remembered about the one time that picture was shown and try to get someone who looked more like the picture.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

An unexpected choice, but JRN is a decent actress. She's not who I would have thought of as Claire, but there are certainly worse choices they could have made. And I like that the picture TV guide chose of her is one where she looks like she's not wearing a ton of makeup and she's not wearing something that exposes a lot of skin. She looks very classy to me. I wonder though if they will have her dye her hair for the part though. In the picture Mac showed Reed, Claire was a brunette, but Jamie has auburn/red hair.

As for the age, there isn't that much more age difference between them than there was between Grissom and Sara, and a lot of people (not me) liked that pairing. :shrugs: Also, there are A LOT of real life couples who have a lot of years difference in their ages. I have relatives who are married to people several years older (or younger in some cases) than them and they have pretty successful relationships. So it is somewhat realistic and does happen more than one would think.

As for the woman in the picture that Mac showed Reed, she may not have been available to do the scenes. Heck, for all we know, that could have been a picture that came with some photo frame LOL. And those people may be hard to track down and even if they do track them down, they may not want to be involved with acting.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011