Gary #7; Baby, You can be my Breakfast

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MarineGirl#1, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Really? It's one of my favorite movies with him in it.... I was talking about it with Jade_Nolan and talkingtocactus last night, actually. What did you think of it?

I did :) I enjoyed it so much, it's definitely something I'll have to do again. It was weird though, because I've seen him in so many other things and I've watched the videos of the concerts (including the Cantigny(sp?) one) that one of my first reactions was "wow, this is kind of exactly like watching one of the concert videos" It took me awhile to get used to the fact that I was *actually* there, you know? But yeah, I enjoyed it a lot :D And that security guy was such an asshat, I swear... But the drunk soldiers were a lot of fun to watch, at least until they got yelled at. Then they just sort of sat there, all nodding in time XD
    Yeah, I got like 50, but not all of them were of him. Does he always wear that blue shirt? (To everyone else, I'll put them on later, I have to make sure I have them in the right place)

Yeah, we made it home okay :D it didn't take until 3, like I expected it to. We got back around 2:30. I fell asleep for like 20 minutes in the car, and then when I got home and went to bed, I just sort of lay there for like half an hour, going "Holy sh-t, that just happened. that really just happened." I was just in awe the entire ride home, and now I'm kind of riding an amazing high :) I haven't been able to watch True West again though. I think I'll go steal a toaster (or twenty) and watch it :D Now Gimme the damn keys!

2. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Of Mice and Men *sigh* he looks soooo gorgeous as George its unbelievable btw Carolyn333 i love your avatar, he looks gorgeous there especially his eyes :drool:

3. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I've got pics from Of Mice and Men stashed away

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Ohh yes he looks fine in that. I like that he is well tanned :thumbsup:

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I know I've mentioned this before, but please give your posts actual content, and make them more than a single sentence. If you're going to simply say you have this or that, include something. For example, "I've got pics of OMAM, here's one I'd thought you'd all like". Simply stating you have pics, or that you're going to watch something, without any other content or elaboration is basically spamming.

yep! Even after seeing a total of five concerts now, the high and awe never lessens, not even a little bit! In fact if anything, it only gets better :adore: And not until you write that outline thing for me, or that car might wind up in Arizona with a different paint job! :lol:

6. taylorgirl

Are you going to post some pictures of the concert?would love to see them:D did you meet him ?

7. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I will, I will. Patience!! :lol: I'm at work all weekend though, so pics will probably have to wait until Mon... :( And no, I didn't get to actually meet him, but I did have specific interactions (as in non-generic gig stuff) with him at both the soundcheck and concert which I'll have to tell you about. The man is amazing, and truly the nicest person I have ever come across! :adore: Haha, and he was soooooo funny on stage! There was a part in one of the songs where he started 'conducting' the band :lol: I was dying laughing!! :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

8. taylorgirl

I don't have Patience when it comes to Gary :lol:, glad you had a good time can't wait to see your report on it :D .I know he is amazing iv never met him but he is the sort of person who is a idol and people want to be him. He is a great example of a man who has looks,brains,great personality and also a great actor all in one man, what more coukd you ask for.:D

9. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

Well It's good to know it won't go away :D Even after essentially 24 hours, I'm still riding it, and I was singing "Crazy In Love" like half an hour ago, and totally didn't realize it until after like halfway through and I started seeing (and hearing) that insane trumpet player (totally forgot his name, wanna think it was something with a "K") And I know I will never be able to hear "All Along The Watchtower" without thinking first of Kimo, and then of "Purple Haze" :p

I have quite a few good ones, which I will put up after i a) figure out how to put photos saved to a hard drive onto the site or b) make a tumblr or a photobucket account. I didn't get to meet him either, but I was literally TWO feet from him--and jammed between a short Asian lady and some chick who put her bag at my feet and wouldn't leave. The friend that I was with got him to wave at her, though. X)

That was hilarious and also right after my camera died :scream: He is such a character onstage, though, it's so hard to believe that's him. It literally seems like another character, and his voice.... mmm. (only 3 m's because it kind of reminded me of a weird pastor I had) It's different than what we're used to, more.... southern. ;) I'm so used to his Mac "Chicago and moved to New York" accent that it doesn't sound natural. Guess I thought that was his normal voice, because that's what he does all of his interviews in.

You're forgetting the selflessness, respect for the troops, support for the troops, the "what can I do" attitude, that presence--stage and otherwise--and of course, his musical talents :drool::drool::drool: watching him settle into his groove and really get into it was just.... it was coming home, man. He's a musician, through and through. Nothing like how Mac plays, I mean he *really* gets into it... Sorry, as a music nerd, theater nerd, and Gary fan all in one, it was really just.... so amazing.
    I'm rambling again, aren't I? Sorry about that. It was epic. You should be horribly jealous :p:p

10. taylorgirl

I am horribly jelous x1000!don't you worry about that :D at least there are pics and info from you guys to keep me in the loop :thumbsup:

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

nope not always - you'll just have to go to more shows ;)

i doubt i'll be posting mine, at least not many, not publicly. maybe i'm just an old meanie ;)

oh yeah that was brilliant, i was annoyed tho as i'd just turned off my cam and put it in my pocket and by the time i got it back out he'd stopped!

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Nope! And just so I can use an excuse to prove it, here's from

Cantigny:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great Lakes Naval Base:
    [​IMG]
    awwww, I love how he's standing in this one... it's so *cute*! :lol::luvlove:

Really?! Maybe because I'm so used to hearing him read OMAM and 'Charley', it doesn't sound any different to me. Even his interviews don't sound like he has a different accent than in person. I agree 'Mac' has a bit of a "toned-down" accent, but not really the rest of his stuff.... ah well, either way, I could live wrapped up in the sound of his voice :adore::adore:

haha :lol: Although to be fair, Mac has only played very briefly in one episode, and it was hardly a rock song. Who knows where else our good detective plays! After all, this *is* an ex-Marine we're talking about here ;):evil::lol:

And to finish things off, here's a pic I re-found in my collection from when Gary was doing some sort of presentation/awards thingy for VH1 back in 2001

[​IMG]
    That hair....! his lovely, lovely smile....!!!! :drool: :adore: :drool: :adore: :drool: :adore: :drool:

13. taylorgirl

Thanks for the pics Jade! the arms, the hair, the smile *sigh* i'm in heaven. Gosh he looks even more good when wet and sweaty :devil:

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

ok guys, here are some pics from OshKosh this past weekend :D I think they pretty much speak for themselves :hugegrin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    awww.... :luvlove:

[​IMG]
    thought this one was just plain cool :)

[​IMG]
    nearly my favorite from the whole gig :D - the three amigos rocking out to Jimi Hendrix :hugegrin:

[​IMG]
    AND he was wearing those lovely tactical boots he has! My paramedic self so loves that he wears "my" boots :hugegrin::lol:

[​IMG]
    sooooo love it when he bites his lip....! :luvlove::devil::luvlove:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    and yes, it was HOT and humid! Gary ended up essentially 'drenched' again (I was heartbroken ;)):devil:, and his hair got totally damp/wet and went decidedly curly... *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh* :adore::adore::adore::adore:

15. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Jade, thanks a lot for the nice pics. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.