Season 9 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Solitaire, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, its that time of year again, and season 9 of Miami is coming on our screens next tuesday, 26th July. Same time slot as usual.
    They are a little behind in the Radio Times, they have used a promo pic from series 3/4 with Alexx still there. :rolleyes:

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It has been showing the promo and a pissed off Horatio in the Hummer * melts *

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Travers- 'I'm English, Byron is in my blood.'
    Hmm, ok. Dont know about anyone else here, but I have never read anything he has written, let alone have memorised full chunks of it.
    I do find Travers quite annoying.
    Aww poor Jesse. He didnt have much of a chance. After a good intro to the show in Hostile Takeover, he was pushed on us too much as this superguy, but not really given the chance to show much personality. I feel sorry for Eddie Cibrian. And it was a rubbish way to go. No heroic death scene or anything, although I suppose he fared better than poor Speedle!
    Eva did a great job at the beginning, all that emotion at Jesse's death. And Walter had a touching moment in the morgue. Walter was the closest team member to Jesse, so it wouldnt have been right if he didnt get to show his grief.
    The end scene, with the basketball, while sweet wasnt a particularly fitting tribute to Jesse. How soon they are forgotten.
    The story itself was a bit of a let down after the finale. It had some good moments, and the main bad guy was suitably creepy. Plus we got to see Ryan in those ducts!
    I had seen this epi before, so maybe thats why it didnt really grab me. I think I prefered it on my first viewing.

4. marymagdalen

marymagdalen Lab Technician

Hi, my fellow UK (and assorted other!) Miami fans. Good to be back with a season 9 thread - thanks, Solitaire.

I noticed that too, but I wasn't sure whether it was an old pic or if they were getting rid of Loman and bringing Alexx back. I hope not - I rather like Dr Loman.

Glad it's not just me! I wouldn't mind so much if the actor was actually English, but he's Canadian, for heaven's sake! According to a lot of American TV, we all talk like the queen, and all we do is sit around drinking tea, quoting dead poets and watching horse racing (or the "Durby", as I think Travers once referred to it! :rolleyes: ) "Quite annoying" to say the least!

I really like the opening epi - especially Horatio; I definitely saw shades of John Kelly from NYPD Blue in there. As for Jesse, I have to say I've never really warmed to him as a character - he seemed to have just been stuck in there to advance a couple of storylines, but he never quite seemed to fit. On the other hand, Walter... I love Walter, and I'm glad they didn't kill him off (yet!).

I know it was supposed to be serious, but we were falling around laughing when Starling was being taken to jail because my son just yelled at the TV: "No, don't put him in a police car with Tripp, you know that never ends well!" :guffaw: A bit of deja vu from at least 2 other epis we could remember!

I haven't seen any of this season's epis yet, and I've tried to avoid spoilers as much as possible. I've picked up a lot of mixed comments on the season, especially about Horatio, so I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the season.

Jude

5. marymagdalen

Sorry to double post, but I also meant to say, am I the only person who gets really ticked off with the Radio Times (UK TV listing magazine) reviewers' attitude to Miami? For example, this week the new series is described as something like "more doolally crime capers". If it was a Vegas storyline, it would be "This is what CSI does best", but because it's Miami, it's "doolally"! This is not the first time they've made such comments. What is their problem?! :mad: Or am I just over-reacting? :lol: Whatever, it just really bugs me...
    Jude

6. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

No, you're not over-reacting - it pisses me off too. But I've always maintained, you either 'get' Miami, and Horatio, or you don't. And if you don't (like the Radio Times reviewer, who ought to know better), then it's no good trying to explain it.

Re Travers (whom I like), and Byron. Well, I'm going to show my age, I suspect, but I can still quote great chunks of poems and Shakespeare that were drummed into me in my school days - very long time ago.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Mary- im glad im not the only one who doesnt like Travers. I much prefer Dave.

Dont worry, Loman is there for the rest of the season. I wasnt too keen on him to start with, but now I like him. He's quirky and different to all the usual types in the show.
    You are right- suspects getting in the car with Frank have a very good chance of escaping! He is rather unlucky.
    I have seen some of the epis already, and for the others I have read the spoilers. I cant resist!
    I find the Radio Times comments funny. Miami is a little dool-ally. But I do see your point.

8. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

There was a funny comment about Horatio in my tv book and i had to laugh as it was something funny

9. marymagdalen

Do tell! :lol:

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

It says:

Why not join our favourite CSI:Miami game: two points for everytime Horatio puts his hands on his hips, five points for removing his shades... lol i just laughed at it and i cut it out as well to put on my wall

11. roolb

roolb Victim

Hey family guys, good to be back in the swing again. Sorry to disagree, but I thought that eppy one was very good, with Horatio showing a more aggressive side to his character, and yet maintaining his sympathetic, understanding approach at the right time.
    I gave up the Radio Times a long time ago, and now buy the `What`s On` TV mag. which has a lot of interesting chat in it, and it`s cheaper!
    Of course, as the saying goes, we are all different in what appeals to us.
    A happy Miami viewer.

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Cant wait to watch Sudden Death tonight and i'm excited about it judging by the promos for it non stop

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That sounds like a good game :)

Welcome to the thread! I did still enjoy the first epi, but there were just bits that annoyed me. I dont mind H being aggressive now and then, but in the past it has gotten out of hand. And reading what happens over this season I know it will again. It doesnt add anything to the character in my opinion, anyway.

14. lal

lal Pathologist

Hello everyone it's has been awhile since i been on here , but now i'm back , i quite enjoy the first episode of the season 9 , and i can't wait to see what the rest of the season is going to be like :)

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

lal, welcome back! Hope all ok with you, good to see you back. Enjoy the season!