Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Here is the CSI Files spoiler report for 8.01. :)

2. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

"In the present, Mac goes to work at Piper Laboratories, a private DNA lab. He left the New York Crime Lab four months ago..."

:censored:

Do not like! Do not like AT ALL!!!!! This is exactly what I was afraid of. I'm all for shaking things up, but this is a bit beyond shaking... down right upheaval is more like it. My skepticism for s8 as a whole has now turned into complete and utter distrust, and if they manage to somehow make the series and season work without Mac being a part of CSI NYPD, I will be shocked. Shocked and stunned. I suppose to be technical there's no mention of his leaving the lab being either permanent or temporary, but it reads like he's permanently left the NYPD and hung up his gun and badge.

:censored:

3. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

post deleted

4. taylorgirl

5. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I do not think that the departure of Mac of the Lab is definitive, it is the logical result concerning the fact that mac needs to find the body of his wife to turn definitively the Claire page and enfn to build itself and to build a long-lasting relation.
    CSI-NY without mac would not be CSI-NY.

6. taylorgirl

At least doing the job that he will be doing, if he finds remains of Claire he can get final closure and move on with his life. But still, he will be still truly missed.

7. hypered001

hypered001 Dead on Arrival

Holy Christ! What are tptb thinking of?! If this spoiler is accurate, then it sounds like the whole show is being butchered!:scream: I'm a patient person (heck I found even the worst of Star Trek: Voyager or Enterprise to be just about watchable) but this sounds like everything we know and love is being binned.:(

8. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

I agree with you. I don't think Mac's departure is permanent. I think here's a great chance of getting nice dramatic storyline.

Course there's no CSI:NY without Mac Taylor! I'm sure everything will be alright in the end and Mac will be back on full force again! :)

Let's see what will happen I'm still really excited about the premiere! :D

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm sure Mac will be back at the NY lab by the end of the first episode or shortly into the beginning of the second episode. I'm not worried. :)

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Even if Mac is at another lab he's still the main character of the show. It's not like Gary is leaving. There will be plenty of Mac, especially since this is the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and Claire died in the WTC. I personally think the change is interesting. Could it be a disaster? Yeah, of course. Anything has the potential not to work. It could also be a great story line and give Mac some different focus that people have never seen before.

I suspect Mac will be back at the Crime Lab at some point. I can't remember, do the spoilers say he quit the force? Maybe he's taken a leave of absence or something like that.

11. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Agreed. This is just to get things sparking for season 8!

Tobin

12. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

I highly appreciate the fact that there is continuation, and I don't think Mac's absence will be permanent, I réally don't. I'm betting he will be back in the first two episodes. So, chill out. It's all good.
    We should be thankful for this continuation, because season seven's denouement would have meant nothing otherwise; and now there's a great chance that we will be getting a dramatic, touching story line about Mac's wife and 9/11 in general. And who can say no to that?

These prospects will give Gary Sinise as well as Sela Ward an opportunity to shine. And I'm all for that, you know.

The premiere has the potential to be a kick-ass episode.

13. taylorgirl

I was just worried that cause he isn't with the NYPD anymore, that this means he will get less and less screen time. The new episode does sound like a great episode to kick start the new season, i'm looking forward to it:D :thumbsup: and with the dramatic story line, it will give Gary a chance to show his great acting skills at giving Mac some emotion.

14. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I'm going to choose to be optimistic and guess that Mac will be back at the lab in early s8. Sara Sidle left CSI for a bit but came back to work for them after all. Also, from the spoiler report, it sounds like Danny no longer works at the lab but more on the street side of things, like Flack. Which is awesome, because it would mean he would be away from Lindsay more. I think Mac will be away from the lab for the first ep and then within a couple of eps he will be back, perhaps the team will get a really big case, and he'll come back. Flack will need some help cleaning up Danny's messes, after all. ;-)

I am a bit worried about the words 'Mac left the lab' and his 'former' colleagues, but that doesn't definitively mean he won't be back. Sara left the Vegas lab and came back.

I really hope that the writers are just trying to be a bit sneaky and get people worried, and that Mac *is* coming back. Because his working at the lab that tests DNA of 9/11 victims and then returning to the NYPD would actually be a very appropriate and fitting continuation both from Blink and Exit Strategy.

I really wouldn't worry about it unless we hear for absolute sure that Gary is leaving the show or taking a reduced role.

I suspect we would know about it already if that were the case though, I mean I remember knowing for quite a while before Grissom left that he was definitely going, and they've already confirmed LF leaving and Ted Danson taking his place on Vegas. If there were going to be any major cast changes I suspect we would have heard by now. I know we haven't heard anything about Gary definitely renewing his contract, but then the only 2 cast members whose contract details I remember specifically reading about is Sela Ward's, she's signed on for s8 and 9. Also, Sela has said in an interview that one thing she likes about NY is that it's a great role but she doesn't have to carry the show, well she'd have to carry a good bit more of it if she was really 'replacing' Mac.

I'm sure the writers have more in store for Mac, and that he will be back.

If not, well, I'll be really, really sad, but I really do think it will all be good. When MK left, it was pretty definitive that she *had* left, we haven't heard anything that definitive about Gary. From his tweets about s8, it also sounds like he's there for at least some of it. I know he might not be allowed to say if he was leaving, but then in a way if he was *definitely* leaving I would expect to hear something official by now, as we did with Melina, Emanuelle Vaugier (Angell), and Vanessa Ferlito (and William Peterson and Laurence Fishburne on Vegas). They tend to announce that kind of thing already by this time of year.

I'm not saying Gary is the be all and end all of the show, but he's a pretty big part of it, and I can't see him/Mac going without us having heard something about it. I know it was late in the day when Melina's leaving was revealed, but I get the impression that had happened very suddenly, when the writers had already started writing for the show. And she was *gone* in the s7 premiere. And they announced it officially.

Mac is in the s8 premiere, with a pretty meaty role by the sounds of it. I really think he will be back. *crosses fingers* I think Mac is just taking some leave from the NYPD and will be back with his team soon. If that is the case, as I said, I think it would really work well.

If he is leaving, however, and I really do think right now it is just an *if* I will watch for as long as he is in it and then stop. But as I said, I really do think it's just an 'if'.

Perhaos Gary wanted a bit of reduced time in the first ep or so to get some stuff in his RL sorted, like with the Lt Dan band. Before Grissom *left* left Vegas, he vanished for a bit and then came back, I believe WP was doing some other stuff at the time, I suspect it is the same with Gary/Mac.

I *really* hope Mac is coming back to the lab in s8 because I really want to see more of him & Jo.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The case is a robbery gone wrong? Well, that's new! :lol::rolleyes: I hope the twists and turns will make the case somehow interesting.

I'm fine with Mac working outside the NY crime lab. I believe he really left the crime lab last finale considering the dramatic final scenes and montages so it's just right to continue from there. The changes are what I'm excited and curious about the premiere. So far, not a fan of the case of the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.