Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

hear hear

:adore:

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I can't see a 'Mac doesn't work at the CSI lab' storyline dragging out for more than a few episodes. What would be interesting/amusing (to me anyway) would be if when he *does* return to the lab, he's after losing his seniority and can't return as the boss.

I can see Mac maybe thinking that he's had enough of responsibility and being (initially) willing to let somebody else sit in the hot seat for a change (maybe somebody who's more likely to play the political games that Mac doesn't have time for). It would certainly shake things up a bit if Mac had to answer to somebody else for a change!

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Well, I like that Mac isn't in charge. It goes well with how the season ended. Plus, along with Jo being the boss and Danny being a Sgt, it opens the door to a lot of new possibilities and storylines. It's interesting that they are not in the roles we have gotten used to them being in and I would like to see them work in those roles for a bit before it goes back to the way it's always been. Having said that, I don't see Mac staying away from the crime lab for too long and Gary has been tweeting like crazy about going back to shooting so IMO he is pretty excited to still be on the show.

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

It would certainly be interesting both to see how Mac would deal with Jo being the boss if he is returning to the lab but not as boss himself, and how Danny deals with being a Sgt. I think as Sgt Danny will be working the 'street' side of things like Flack does which is good because I personally think he's a lot better at that kind of thing than he is at the science-y stuff of working in the lab. Danny in the lab, to me, is boring and often annoying, he's given the odd eureka moment but mostly he seems to be Lindsay's Baby Daddy Who Does Some Lab Stuff. He's *way* more interesting when he's out on the street on in the interrogation room with Mac/Flack/Jo than when he's buddied up with Mommy Lindsay in the lab doing Forensic-y Type Things. I also think Danny being more on the 'street' side of things may make him grow up a little (as will the added responsibility of being a Sgt) and will mean he works with Flack more. What I'd really love to see is for Danny to have to face a situation where a younger cop does something Danny-like and for once *Danny* has to be the one to give out discipline and clean up the mess. It would be even better if Mac comes back as boss of the lab, and Danny goes to him for advice, I think Mac would be quite amused to see the shoe be on the other foot for Danny in that kind of situation.
    I'm sure Mac will be back, and I imagine Jo would let him have his office. Not sure how the whole 'who would be boss' thing would work, but in s7 it was more like Mac and Jo were running the lab together, he never seemed to treat her as an employee but more like a partner, so maybe it will be the same with Jo - on the day to day stuff they'll kind of both be in charge (as in s7) but on paper only one of them will be. It would certainly be interesting to see how Mac would cope with not being the Big Boss, if that is the case. However, I think it would be easier for him if Jo was to be the boss rather than Stella, so I'm glad that whatever happens in s8 it is Jo who is there and not Stella.

What I really hope for in s8 is 2 things, really
    1) Mac back in the lab
    2) Danny out of the lab and working the 'street' side of things and spending more time with Flack and less time (*much* less) with Lindsay. Yes, they're a couple. Yes, they're married. Yes, they have a kid. But that doesn't mean they have to be together *all* the time and they *are* allowed separate personalitiies. You'd have needed a goddamn crowbar to separate the two of them these last few seasons.:rolleyes: Dear writers, married people can and do lead separate lives! I think if DL were a real-life couple one of them would be dead by now with all the time they spend together! I'm not a DL fan, but I do think from a DL perspective it could cause some interesting issues for them if Danny is working the 'street' side of things more, like maybe he would have to work longer hours.

Mac is good on the CSI NY team, better suited to the NYPD than civilian labs, and Danny is much better at the 'street' side of investigations (tracking down suspects, interrogating them, etc) than the 'lab' side, and the more he's away from Lindsay, the better.

I'd also love Hawkes to go back to the ME's office, but I don't think that's gonna happen.:(

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes, yes, yes. From your mouth to TPTB's ears.

6. PerfectAnomaly

From Hill Harper's Twitter:

ETA: From AJ's Twitter:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Sela, my queen ♥♥♥

Also, ♥♥ for Hill and AJ, of course. :p

8. PerfectAnomaly

Here's another TwitPic. This time from CBS.

ETA: Another pic from AJ

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Great to see them back!!! :) :) :)

10. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

so happy to see them back

Thanks PA.

11. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Many thanks Perfect Anomaly for the beautiful pics. Now, finally, it goes on.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

A bit of casting news...

13. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

wait, Sela's badge has a black band around it! Do we know if the ep is going to be set on 9/11 exactly, and the NYPD wear the black band out of memorial? Or is there going to be another reason I wonder....

awwwwww, AJ!!!!! I have missed you!!! :hugegrin:

14. Micha

Micha Rookie

CSI: NY Episode 8.02 ''Keep It Real''

STORY LINE: The team investigates the murder of Michael, a genuinely nice guy on the brink of a relationship with punk rocker Miranda, who's killed because of a counterfeiting scam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
  15. cinar12x

cinar12x Victim

[Spam.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.