Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Jo has Mac's office? Interesting.

2. Micha

Micha Rookie

Episode 8.01:

STORY LINE: The tenth anniversary of 9/11 proves a wrenching but clarifying passage for Mac, who suffered a terrible loss on that day. Meanwhile, an open-and-shut robbery/homicide proves more complicated than anyone had anticipated.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Here's a little bit more info....

~ An open-and-shut robbery/homicide proves more complicated than anyone had anticipated.

~ Claire is in the episode, shown in flashbacks.

~ Hannah is a potentially recurring character. She's a forensics technician who is book brilliant but a bit lacking in social skills.

~ The episode was written by Zachary Reiter and John Dove and will be directed by Frederick E.O. Toye.

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Really excited about the season premiere!!I'm so happy that we will get to see Claire...Danny's potential sergeant storyline could be nice.He needs some time off Lindsay...I'm also curious to see what exactly happens with Mac and Jo's promotion.

5. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Im really glad that that we will see things about Claire it would be nice to see Mac's emotional side as well. Will they bring Reed back because he seemed to of disappeared as well as Aubrey, i thought she and Mac had something good going on.

6. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

Ohh, I'm sooooo looking forward this premiere!!!

Can't wait! :D

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Very great news. HAppy to see again Claire.

Thanks girls for spoils

8. LoveSela

LoveSela Dead on Arrival

I don't normally read the spoilers but WOW. Should be good. :)

9. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

This episode sounds so great!

10. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Great, more space to hang those colorful post-it's. I wonder if she'll mess up that place too? I would definitely love it.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Jo in charge! Yay! :D:D:D Mac's obviously going to come back, it could be interesting if she stayed in charge though, it doesn't seem fair him coming back, and therefore she is demoted.

12. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

Maybe it's just a *temp stand in job* to let Mac have a few months off and everyone knows he's coming back just when he's had a break and got things together, maybe this 9/11 new lab job he's doing is going to get him back on track and movng forward.
    After all it is season 8 and he's never taken a holiday so he could be using them all up in one go lol... l well I hope so anyway.

I like that Danny is still in the lab and taken the job i dont think it would be the same without him around full time altho more flank and danny is good :).
    Clearly D/L are still loved up really hope no drama is coming for them in season 8 more if this is the last season it would feel rushed to have a drama about something and end it before it ended.

Any word on how many episodes season 8 will have?

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It wouldn't be as rushed as how they ended up married and with a kid, so it wouldn't be unrealistic for them at all.

14. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

My thoughts -

First off, given how rapidly they progress introduced time jumps and story shifts and what not in their season premieres and first few eps, I'm not too horribly worried about this whole character role change, but I am decidedly skeptical and unsettled by the whole thing.

I'll start with what I like about what we know so far though:

1) bloody hell they might actually be introducing season continuity! :eek: Not only are we going to get a 9/11 10th anniversary nod, but we're actually brought back to s4 (!!!!) when Reed asked to see Claire's grave, and Mac had to tell him that her body had never been found.

2) Finally we'll get to see Claire outside of an old snapshot!!! :D

3) since this job is 'civilian' in every respect, does this mean Mac will be in casual clothes?!?!! :drool::D:drool::D:drool:

What makes me unsettled:

I seriously hope this is a temporary leave sort of thing, his way of dealing with all the heartache he's been through and just shoved aside. In which case, I truly can't think of the more perfect thing for them to have him do! That being said, if it's permanent and he's retired from the Force, is this their way of having another season and ease him out of the show? Because has anything been mentioned about Gary's contract for this year considering he was only under contract for 7 years? And how can we have Mac with no badge? no gun? no flack vest? no....well.... Mac? And how are they going to integrate him into crime plots if all he does is run DNA testing? and it's not as if it's an NYPD contracted lab even - it's only for 9/11 victims....

This whole idea will either be incredibly brilliant or abysmally disastrous.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i've said a few times before i'd be surprised if they didn't address the 10th anniversary of 9/11 as it features in mac's story so much.

i think the story element of this has potential. whether it means gary's getting written out is another matter - i'm not sure sure as he's been tweeting that they're starting filming, presumably even tho he has to talk the talk of the cbs network he wouldn't say that kind of thing if he wasn't in it, he seems like he's quite upfront about these things.

i guess we wait & see how he's involved. i'm not exactly enamoured with csiny these days anyway so if he isn't more power to him, but if he is... ok, we'll see :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.