Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taylorgirl

taylorgirl Lab Technician

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

i completely agree with everything you said Jade_nolan especially the casual clothes bit :drool: that would be hot :drool:. Does this mean we will see less of him then? cause that would just be :( :cry: :cry:, i don't think id watch it any more if he was written out of it at the start or middle of season 8, do you people think that the raiting's would go down?

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

A little bit more on 8.01 -

~ The episode starts off with a flashback to September 11th. It's 7:30 in the morning and Mac is in the bathroom shaving. He nicks his face and blood drops down. Claire teases him by pretending to call 911 and making fun of the fact that he's listening to N'Sync. It then comes back to the present with Mac standing in front of the mirror with his American flag pin and the TV talking about the tenth anniversary of the September 11th attacks.

3. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

If they've retired him from the NYPD, I don't see how it could be any other way. And no, I wouldn't either. The show itself isn't all that great compared to several others thanks to very shoddy writing for the most part, and I already only watch it for Mac/Gary...

Oh I have no doubts that he's in it and at least the first few eps and even maybe the whole season. But if it's only in a consultant sort of capacity, that would be really weak. Although not unexpected from the show by this time by any stretch. And I'd rather him totally on the show or totally off, the latter i'd actually be fine with since then it would free him to hopefully get back to more serious acting and work.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Sounds like a powerful episode. I'm also liking the apparent (maybe temporary) changes in the crime lab. A show in its 8th season needs this strategy to keep things invigorated.

5. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I agree! Although while if it is a temporary change in the crime lab I so think it's an absolutely brilliant idea, I firmly believe that it will be disasterous with Mac in a permanently 'civilian'/consultant role outside the NYPD unless they miraculously now have miracle writers.... :p

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm loving all the info we are getting about this first episode. I think that it's great the way they'll be addressing 911 and Claire and if it's the last season then it feels like we've come full circle and Mac and CSI NY can have some closure and a nice farewell. I wonder who they'll cast as Claire...

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Very interesting things look to be happening in the season premiere. I am not sure if I like the idea of Jo in Mac's office, but okay. It is gonna be the flashback with Claire. Looking forward to it.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

From Ask Ausiello:

I predict this Hannah chick won't be overly popular. :shifty:

9. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

agreed, agreed, AGREED!!! even her name is eerily like their last attempt at a new recurring character... :shifty:

10. PerfectAnomaly

I like the name, but unless the actress is completely charming in the role I just don't see people being too receptive to her, especially after the epic fail of Haylen. Maybe if she's only a part of the "other" lab and not a part of the NY Crime Lab she'll be OK. If she is part of the Crime Lab then I assume she will eat into AJ/Adam screen time and that won't be cool.

11. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

I'm a little confused as to how the première marks ten years since 9/11. Season 6 was 6 months or so after Season 5, and then took place over several more months, with another 5-6month gap between the S6 finale and S7 Premiere. Season 7 is several more months, then the big gap between 7 and 8. So it would seem that more time has passed in universe than in real life. Wouldn't September 2011 have been and gone in the in universe timeline? :confused:

12. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

But glad that Lindsay is back and we'll get some D/L scenes. :)

13. PerfectAnomaly

Time lines have never been this show's strong point. Doctor Who and Captain Jack Harkness would have trouble following this show's time lines.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LOL! So true!

I agree about Hannah. If she's part of the other crime lab and therefore only a temporary character, I'm sure it'll be okay. But if she's takes any of Adam/AJ's screentime (who already doesn't get very much most of the time unfortunately), then she's not going to go over well and it will be another Haylen.

15. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Greys-CSINY-Vampire-Diaries-1035219.aspx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.