Replacements for LF & MH - Who would you like?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Rizzoli, Jul 7, 2011.

1. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Yes, she was played by Jessica Steen in The Lost City Part 1 & 2. Higginson took over in New Order Parts 1 & 2.

2. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

While watching Flashpoint last night, I had a thought that Victor Garber would be a good addition to the cast.

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I feel the same way. Even with most of the shows I do watch, I don't know half the actors' names.

A name I know! :) I liked him on JAG, and like Richard Dean Anderson (suggested earlier), he can bring a good sense of humour to a character. I think the new character needs that (or maybe I just like to giggle at murder shows :shifty:).

If they did go that way, they'd have to work around his character on NY though - since all three shows are in the same continuity. Or just ignore the coincidental doppelganger effect. :)

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

My wish 3 years ago (before LF) was for David Strathairn to join the cast. That wish remains, although he is on a new Syfy show premiering this summer. Still, what a catch that would be for CSI; a class actor.

As for a female, how about Christine Lahti? Or, as someone else mentioned, Allison Janney would be awesome.

I just hope tptb put as much emphasis on a female replacement as they have a male.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

You mentioned Ed Nelson (who I didn't think was still among the living) and have a link for Ed Harris. I'm going to assume you meant Harris in the post, correct?

7. Desertwind

BIG dummie, me. I did mean Harris, not enough sleep:lol:Thanks I corrected it:rolleyes:

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I love Jess Steen, she also played Supervisory Agent Paula Cassidy, during seasons 1-4 of NCIS.

oh, DW, snap on the avatar, although mine has Sara on it too o_O

9. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

Where where you when I posted this in the general forum? It's removed by now. Anyway, that's one of my major preference, because he played many scientific roles in his role as Jarod, the Pretender.

10. Desertwind

Cool, Rizzoli I found mine on a Google site, and downloaded it, but where did you find the one with Sara in it, or did you make it yourself? Sorry I've never heard of Jessica Steen:confused:

11. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

My dream choice for an actor to replace LF would have to be Dominic West from The Wire. He's doing something for the BBC according to wiki, so the odds of him ever being free would be slim to none. Also, Chris Meloni from SVU is free...why not ask him?:lol:

For MH's replacement, I'd have to choose Evan Rachel Wood. She's done tv before (True Blood, Mildred Pierce) along with movies (The Wrestler, Running With Scissors, Across The Universe, ect). She's reasonably young and also has the acting range to handle being a leading lady for an established tv show, but she's also busy with a movie project so...she's probably out also.

12. Desertwind

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Okay, I'm just gonna say this: I do NOT like the idea of replacing Marg with someone much younger. That did NOT work with Alexx's much younger replacement on Miami and it angered a lot of people. When/if Marg leaves, I want them to replace her with someone close to her age, not someone closer to Lindsey's age lol.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I agree with you. It should be someone in the same age range as her or at least older than the remaining CSI's if they are going the route of this new person being a leader.

15. byline

byline CSI Level One

I would love any of these choices! Especially Strathairn, as he's such a consummate actor, and I would think he'd fit into a science role easily.

Someone else mentioned Nicholas Campbell (formerly of "Da Vinci's Inquest"). I would love to see that happen, too, but I wonder if Campbell is getting a bit too long in the tooth for the role. He seemed to age dramatically in the one season of "Da Vinci's City Hall" that followed "Inquest" (big mistake, by the way, on the part of CBC to turn the series into a political forum). I wonder if he's a classic case of, "It's not the years, honey, it's the mileage."