Replacements for LF & MH - Who would you like?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Rizzoli, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Lauren Holly is the first female name that I've recognized enough to like. I enjoyed her on NCIS and was sorry that they killed her off. I think she could do very well in a role similar to Catherine. She can definitely play a leader! :)

2. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I think Lauren Holly could fit in well, I can picture her on the show!

I would love to see Joe Flannigan on the show, but not sure he's enough of a house hold name for what they're looking for. (met him twice!)

Torri Higginson would be great too, but again not enough of a house hold name.

Rose McGowen could be fun, but might be too similar in age and character to Morgan. I love Holly Marie Combs, not sure she'd fit, though.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

In the TV Guide article it said "CBS is expected to find someone with seasoned TV chops" now to me seasoned would be say Christopher Meloni, beings he was on L&O for many years, and popular would be the longevity of a show. So some of these stars mentioned I'm sure are great, but are they "seasoned" actors and have they got strong TV backgrounds?

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes. You don't have to be a household name to be a seasoned TV actor. Some of the movie actors you've named aren't household names either but that doesn't negate that they are seasoned movie actors.

Again, just because you personally don't know who these people are doesn't mean they don't fit the network's qualifications.

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I would love Chris Meloni to join, but somehow I don't think he's going to join another cop-show after leaving hundreds of thousands of dollars per episode, a seasoned character, a fan-base and Mariska Hargitay behind for something new :(

6. Desertwind

I never said I didn't know who they were, I was going by the TV Guide article, those are not my words, but their's. And I also didn't say "household name" or big movie star. CBS stated this, not me and it was their comment about a "someone with seasoned TV chops", and I interpreted this as a celebrity who was well known~

7. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Kathryn Erbe is free to work on other TV shows now, too, she'd make a good Supervisor

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

CBS only said they want "someone with seasoned TV chops." That could be anyone who has worked a long time in TV even if people don't know the actor. You're the one who keeps assigning popularity and "well known" to the definition when that isn't what CBS has said at all.

9. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

I love Donna Murphy so this would make me ridiculously happy but I think she's more into theater now than TV. Still, even if she'd just do another guest appearance, I'd be ecstatic.

10. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I watch NCIS on USA occasionally and I could see her on CSI

I like that one too :thumbsup:

My top pick right now is Dylan McDermott

11. Desertwind

I pick Blair Underwood he's got great range also. He's been on "Sex And The City" "The New Adventures Of Old Christine" and more recently "The Event" so from comedy, to serious, and he's a "fox" to look at. He'd make a great CSI:bolian:

12. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I watch a total of 5 tv shows - H5O, NCIS: LA, Criminal Minds, CSI, & Flashpoint. With about half the names listed I'm :confused:. They may be great but I've got no idea who they are.

I was thinking along the lines of David James Elliott. He was the 'star' in JAG but the Admiral was the 'leader' of the team. And he was great opposite Catherine Bell. Anybody know the extent of his contract last season with NY? He also has a long history with CBS and knows what it's like to be on a long running tv show.

Susan

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, I couldn't remember their names. Wasn't there at first on SG1 a blonde actress who played Dr. Weir though?

Renfro, that's right. I could not remember the character's name lol.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Again, 'seasoned' has nothing to do with being well-known. It has to do with the amount of 'experience' you have being on TV. So they're looking for someone with a long TV career.

15. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

I'm still wishing they bring back William Petersen. There's probably no way they'll do it, but...
    In terms of females, Lauren Holly sounds like an excellent idea. Loved her on NCIS, and it'd be nice to see her again.
    Other than that, I'll just have to see.