Season 10 Wish List

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by daisymay, Jun 30, 2011.

1. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

The best interview with David on the subject of H's death is in 'TV Guide' for April 9-15, 2007 (Yes, I know it's old!). I've don't know if you can get it online, but I'll quote a bit, and hope it's not too long:
    'The image that haunts Caruso most, though, is the same one - naturally - that's driving Horatio, and it's the one that will carry them both to the final episode of the series, he says. Caruso has mentioned before that he believes a crucial clue about that journey of Horatio's was revealed in the very first episode of CSI Miami, when Horatio's crew helped the Las Vegas CSIs solve a murder.
    To refresh your memory, the episode revolved around a girl kidnapped in Vegas and found at a palm-tree farm in south Florida. The girl escapes but her parents are dead, and, in one of the final scenes, Horatio opens up to the girl in a way he only seems to do with children. He tells her, "I lost someone once."
    Caruso starts choking up when he talks about it now. He says, "I'm still not sure what it means but I keep thinking the last moment of H's life will be in that palm-tree farm. I think the little girl from that first episode may lead him back there to find what he's really looking for."
    Which is?
    He does a dramatic pause as only Caruso/H can do.
    "Marisol," he says. "I think reconnecting with her, seeing her face, may be how Horatio knows he's dead." '

Sorry if that's too long for the H non-believers! Probably should have posted on the H/DC thread, but several people asked about the interview. (Moderators - feel free to move it.)

Let the man do it, I say. In fact, let the man write it.

2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

If that's the way David wants to end the show, that's how it should be. I think a reunion in the 'next life' with him and Marisol would be a beautiful and at the same time heartbreaking finish for the character of Horatio. Because he will never truly be at peace until he is with her again.

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Actually, one of my biggest wishes is that they will get over the whole "Marisol" drama/debacle :rolleyes:

Most fans agree that storyline was contrived and unbelievable - I know David liked it, but seriously, hardly anyone bought it. And the fact that it's gotten more air time and continuity than much more important matters - like, say, the death of his mother and father - is rediculous.

Horatio's pain goes much farther than Marisol - I would even say the pain he feels about losing Marisol is actually b/c of the pain he feels about the murder of his mother, and how he couldn't stop that. It is his MOTHER he should see when he dies b/c, deep down, it is his mother that is causing him this guilt. He couldn't save his mother, and ended up killing his father for her but it didn't bring her back. (Let's remember, Horatio didn't even KNOW Marisol in Season 1, when he had that conversation w/the little girl - he was obviously referring to something much deeper in his past). That incident has had a strong impact on him - plus his brother's descent into the dark world of drugs - and to bring everything back to "Marisol" just seems so shallow and contrived (kind of like the relationship :rolleyes:)

I think the final season should be exploring Horatio's REAL family - his mom and dad, his childhood, how it shaped him, and how this will affect his son, Kyle. I also think it should bring the team together somehow, maybe as they try to help him through the situation (ie: if something about his father's murder comes up again). This is a very intriguing storyline that they dropped like a hot potato for a horrible "romance" story w/Delko's sister. They seemed to have given H closure on this issues, so please TPTB - let Marisol remain dead and buried! There are much better and deeper issues to explore w/Horatio Caine - ones that are much more affecting and will reveal him as a person a lot more.

OK .. sorry for the long rant ;) Anyway, on a non-Horatio note, I'd love to see more Calleigh next season (I missed her), and for Nat to have similar airtime, although I really am getting tired of the "damsel in distress" thing. Let's have the CSI girls NOT be the victims this season, OK?

Also, love love love Ryan. Give him a REAL storyline, maybe about his family this time. Love Frank and Walter, but I admit that I'd rather see others, like Ryan, Nat, Cal or H, get the storylines this year, especially if it's the last season. (Personally, I think Eric has been the focus for a long time, and I don't think he needs more family "drama"). I'd LOVE to see Calleigh's father back, or how about bring in a sibling?? Everything doesn't have to be constant romance "drama"!

Also, the E/C thing - I'm no fan of them as a romantic couple, but I enjoy their friendship. TPTB need to just decide what they want to do w/them and either keep them a drama-free couple (that doesn't overpower the show or sideline/isolate other characters) or have them just as friends. The whole thing, beginning to end, was written and played out terribly, IMHO, and I just hope we get some resolution on it.

Overall, I just hope the season finale gets resolved in a REALISTIC way and that H doesn't just start working again half-way through the ep. - I just want more team bonding and the feeling of comradery we had back in Seasons 1-3. :thumbsup:

4. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Actually, I entirely agree about Marisol - I was only quoting David. What I think is more interesting about this interview is just how bound up he is with H, and that he sees him dying. What he doesn't seem to see is a 'happy ever after' ending.

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

1. Positive solution for Eric and Cal's storyline - after all we've been waiting patiently for a long time and after all we've been served so far - near-death situations, constant back and forth and 'family love' recently :rolleyes:, that's the only thing that could repair the damage that is already done. And I want it done subtly, few nice scenes, not overtaking the show but also nor barely mentioned somewhere by someone.
    2. Improved Cal's time.
    3. More personal stories, especially about Ryan, whom we don't know anything about.
    4.Return of Kyle.
    5. No new love interests for Horatio. As no fan of this character at all I don't really care who he is with, but the only woman I see him with is Yelina.
    6. No more Marisol's storylines!:scream:
    7.Stop the testosterone thing! Chasings, shootings, near-death situations in every episode make it a cheap tv cop show not a respectful crime drama.

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

This is precisely why my wish for S10 is to bring Kyle home. Kyle is a young man with little to no knowledge of where he came from. I'm 23, and I'm at a point in my life where I want to know more about my grandparents and their culture before they pass, so it's not hard for me to imagine him wanting to know, especially considering he was a foster child for so many years. To me, it'd be interesting to see what exactly Horatio would be willing to tell Kyle about his past, and how much Kyle would have to find out for himself. It could bring them closer together, but could also be used to temporarily drive them apart if Kyle stumbles across something that H wouldn't want him to see.

7. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

More interaction between Ryan and Walter, those two are so funny together!

8. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

I am so grateful to see that there is at least one person in the universe who feels as I do about the hideous Horatio/Marisol romance storyline. You are so right! The dynamics of the Caine brothers was far better than any contrived "romance" could ever be. The Caine brothers relationship was intriguing and had viewers attention in Seasons 1-3 (best seasons of the show IMO). The killing off of Raymond was a mistake as far as I am concerned.

Horatio's angst is due to his abusive childhood. The undeserved guilt that he carries is due to his inability to "save" his mother from the barbarism of his father. Horatio became the "careful" child in the Caine family who always tried to "fix" the dysfunction. Raymond, on the other hand, became the "reckless" child who gave up on the dysfunction and threw caution to the wind with his life. I don't dislike Raymond, he was acting as many do who grow up in abusive families. They give up on themselves because to them all is hopeless! Horatio continues to try to "save" people because of his inability to save his mother. He tried to assauge his guilt by trying to save Raymond, protect Yelina, and Ray, Jr. When Horatio told the little girl that he had lost someone special to him, I think he was talking about his mother and Raymond. If he were to die in the series finale, I think he would be thinking of her, Raymond, and even perhaps his father who he had to kill in order try to save his mother.

I would love to see more credible storylines in Season 10 with less chasing down people, no more police brutality that is never questioned (especially in an era when everything and everyone has a camera and records stuff like this), and the show have more of a Miami feel. I really could care less about the romance stuff. Give me gripping storylines that feature the "team" concept in solving crimes and develop the characters that are already on the show (including Kyle) rather than introducing new characters that will take from the existing characters plot lines.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  9. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Totally hear you, gsugirl :thumbsup:- glad I'm not the only one either! Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who remembers Horatio's background - how he killed his abusive father while trying to save his mother. That was one of the most compelling stories, and it really humanized Horatio, but they totally dropped it in Season 4 to make way for the "no-mance" that was Marisol. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I do not get why David Caruso loved/loves the Marisol storyline so much - I think his background story is much more interesting and gives him a lot more depth. I would think DC would be drawn to that - do you think he forgot about it himself? For an actor who seems so into his character, I don't get how he never seems to tap into that hidden pain from Horatio's childhood - or at least mention it. All his comments always seem to go back to Marisol - I honestly don't get it. ::sigh:: However, I will say I agree w/DC in that I just can't see a "happily ever after" ending for H at this point either - and a "death scene" might be good - although I don't really want H to die, it may be fitting, as DC says - just minus Marisol. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I agree that I want to see Kyle come back - he's awesome and we need to see more interaction between H and his son - it makes him more human.

10. fanilowchick

I was never a big Marisol fan myself, but I do think their romance, however brief or unrealistic, is an integral part of who Horatio is now. It shaped the character forever.

If Horatio does indeed die at the end of the series, I say the person he would be thinking about as he takes his last breath is his son.

11. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I'm gonna leave my Horatio/Marisol comments for the DC thread :) But as for Season 10 hopes for H, I hope he is given a good exit (if that's how we're gonna end)

As for romances in Season 10 - I rather see less of them. EC should have a subtle conclusion (a small moment that states if they're together or not and why)

Horatio and Renee - I didn't see the connection in the finale, but if something does come of them, again I hope TPTB keep it subtle.

Ryan and Natalia - I have a feeling TPTB have been building their relationship over time, and despite how much I love this pairing, I don't want a romantic-drama filled season (especially if it's Miami's last :( )

My hopes for Season 10 is a) character development and b) good episodes

Good Episodes:

Now I know we all have different perspectives of what makes an episode "great", but for me, it's a good storyline with great acting and clever science. Non-stereotypical villans and victims that mean something to the veiwer - that's a good episode for me :)

Character Development:

It takes more than a good plot to make an episode (or season for that matter). The team are the reason why we watch this show and I want to learn more about them.

We've seen enough (if not all) of Eric's past, and a great bit of Horatio's and Calleigh's. These three have also had a lot of story-lines about them (not that I'm complaining). Though I think it's time for the other team members to be given some of the light and show who they are.

Natalia and Ryan have been neglected in the past, which is why I loved Season 9. Natalia got out in the feild more and showed her strength and compassion (though I could go for less damsel-in-distress moments).

Ryan also got some good moments, including going undercover and a revelation about his childhood. He's also had some action and comidic moments that I've loved. Even Walter and Tom got some good, trait-revealing moments too yet the team all had great scenes and mainly equal screentime.

I guess what I really want is for this to continue. Season 9 had some great, family-feel moments - if Season 10 is our last Miami season, then I hope TPTB give us a great one ;)

12. fanilowchick

Agreed! I think season ten is going to the best of all! I'm super excited :)

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

1. Good resolution for Eric and Calleigh. The two of them together, happy.

2. Good, solid cases.

3. Characters returning: Yelina, Calleigh's dad, Valera.

4. No near death experiences for any of the characters.

5. No more Horatio vigilante.

6. Calleigh's screentime going back to normal.

14. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Pretty much what Hiphugger17 said :)

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I'd like to know what happened to Maddie, Horatio's niece (brother Raymond's illegitmate daughter with Susie the junkie from when he was working undercover). I think the last time we saw her was when she needed surgery and her half-brother Ray Jr. was a match; Horatio had to tell Yelina the truth about her parentage, since she always ASSUMED that Horatio was her father.

I'd like to see Kyle come back. Just how did he get into the military in the first place? :confused:

Is Julia still in the hospital? This storyline has never really been resolved.

I'd like to see more Horatio & Calleigh interaction, like in the same scene together! Why don't we see them together anymore? It's been YEARS!!! If that doesn't happen, Horatio had nice chemistry with a doctor in an episode whose title I can't remember, but the story was a teenager had overdosed on a drug, and they had to find out what kind it was so he could be treated properly.

DO NOT (under any circumstances!) bring back the Eric/Calleigh romance--TPTB totally messed that up from beginning to end. No offense to you E/C fans out there, but I just don't see it onscreen. Adam & Emily are both beautiful people, but what I saw onscreen seemed forced, which totally took me out of it. This ship has sailed--its DEAD.

I like the idea of more shooting in Miami. Regarding the opening credits--what would you change? Pictures of the cast? Change the music? Personally, I love Miami's opening. They need to add CC to it, but I mentioned that on another thread earlier today. It's the best out of all 3 shows. I hated when they jazzed up "Baba O'Riley" on CSI: NY and still hate it to this day.

miamirocks--just want to say that I LOVE your picture. :)