Season 10 Wish List

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by daisymay, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I would ideally like if they changed the cast images and graphics, but keep the music the same. I actually liked what they did with Baba O'Riley on NY, but I'm not sure if it would work well with Won't Get Fooled Again. I think that the opening sequence should reflect the show's evolution, and integrate the cast a little better. Seems to me like the perfect time to overhaul it would be in the 10th year.

That being said, while the opening sequence isn't the most important part of the show for most people, I feel like the current one is so poorly constructed (compared to earlier seasons & the other two CSI shows) that it's a distracting and disjointed way to present the show, and reflects upon the other elements they aren't putting much effort into.

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

OK, we both agree on not changing the music--that kicks ass everytime I hear it! Exactly what would you change if you could do it yourself? Do you have a problem with the mathematical equations morphing into their names (which I love, BTW)? Too many pictures when the actor appears onscreen? Scene changes within those intros? WWFC: What Would Finch Change?

3. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

All I want is for Rex Linn, Eva LaRue, and Omar Miller to have more than a blink-and-you'll-miss-it credit, and some of the equation changing name things for them aswell

Oh, and jazzing up the music too if possible, like "CSI:NY" did.

4. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

YES, YES, A HUNDRED TIMES YES. I love both of them dearly, but the E/C "nomance" was so fake, forced, and unbelievable. Besides... Calleigh already broke it off between them; it's OVER and has been OVER since "Sudden Death". Time to move on! (To relationships that AREN'T between team members, thankyouverymuch.)

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm not Finch but agree there needs to be change to the opening credits.Some of the opening pics are badly outdated, most several seasons old. Also agree that Rex,Eva and Omar's opening credit scene goes by much too quickly. All of them should get 2 opening scenes(updated) like Vegas. Their opening credits don't have any of the cast members scenes being rushed through.

6. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Agreed on more photos for Walter, Nat, and Frank. And they definitely need to get new pictures for the others, especially H. Those ones are from the first/second season!

And I have to add this to the wish list:

Renee being by Horatio's side for most of the premiere, whether it be at the pier, in the hospital (if they do show H in the hospital) or during the search for Toller. I'm dying to watch these two interact and those sparks to fly!

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Basically this and what Rizzoli said about the cast. Giving everyone the same amount of presentation during the opening credits (it was pretty balanced in seasons 1-3, for example). They could do that with Rex, Eva and Omar by taking out the extra Miami shots that were dropped in and shuffled around during all the cast changes. It created a lack of cohesion that sort of bothered me. If there was ever a time to change it up, right before the new season (and a milestone season at that) would be it.

Regarding the graphics, I do like the mathematical formulas morphing into their names and it would be cool if they kept that. That being said, since I don't know what software they use, I couldn't hazard a guess as to what they might add in--just that it would be nice to see something different after a decade of watching the show, whether it's subtle or big.

All quibbles aside, I'm not sure I'll lose much sleep over it if they don't change it. :lol: Wishful thinking is all.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I'm with everybody who says ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE MARISOL THINGS!! She made H look like a cradle robber, not to mention she was the healthiest-looking cancer patient I'd ever seen.

Not sure how it would work, but they need to bring back some of the older characters--Yelina, Ray Jr (just sort of dropped off the face of the earth after Rio), maybe even tell us what happened to Madison.

If they're not going to bring Rick Stetler back (acquit, dismiss for lack of evidence, etc.), they at least need SOME IAB there. Especially when Horatio was in his Dirty Harry phase. IAB was sorely needed this past season.

I too agree that they need to finally do something with E/C. Personally I liked them better in a brother/sister relationship. And while we're at it, MORE DUCAINE!! MORE DUCAINE!!

If this is the series finale, bring back Yelina so she and Horatio can finally get married and take off back to Brazil or somewhere that they can start a new life.

I'd LOVE THAT!! Maybe Rick Stetler pulls some strings to let him out. :devil:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  9. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Agreed on IAB. They're a pain in the @$$ but often make the episodes more interesting.

IMO, they need to leave all those old storylines alone: Yelina & Ray Jr., the Mala Noche, Julia, Ron Saris, Stetler, and any other villains that magically reappear time and again.

I'd like to see more focus on Ryan and Natalia (no more kidnappings, please), more Walter and Frank, and a happy resolution for all the Eric/Calleigh fans.

But what I most want out of this season, whether or not it's Miami's last, is a romance for Horatio without too much over-the-top drama and KYLE NEEDS TO COME HOME!!!

10. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

What I would like to see in season 10:

1) A healed and no longer hurting Horatio:thumbsup:, this to be emphasized by his voice not being so tired and so low, and his manner being more humorously/sarcastically playful like during the first years. Also by him being the center of his CSI team that works and plays together as a team.:thumbsup:

2)That there should be more team work and more emphasis on team members working together which will also allow for all members to have good screen time (not likely because the more people they use the more difficult and expensive it is to film).

3) Interesting individual stories with plots that challenge us, the viewers, to try and figure out what is going on.;) I don't need or want a super villain or a long story arc.:eek:

4) A better balance of 'edge of the seat' suspense, action and real forensics (either new technology or new way to use old technology, but not always the 'super' computer doing the work for them).

5) At least one episode with Kyle were he is OK and interacting with his father.:) If they were going to have him become a semi regular then I am NOT interested in having him join the police force because he does not have the background for that, but if they give him a background of medics' helper in the military then he could realistically work in the morgue as a helper. Otherwise they can have him go the university.

6) Finally, if this is the last season, then they will do what they want, but for me --- I don' want Horatio to die.:( I would not watch that episode no matter how great a concept was involved, but that is just me.

11. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Agreed! I want to see that old smile back on Horatio's face and hear his great laugh. He has been in a dark place far too long. Hopefully with Marisol returning to "speak" to him in the premiere he will finally have a chance to heal and move on.

12. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Hi Furri, Just wanted to let you know the "Old Man" is now here on this board! Hope your doing O.K.!

13. TnLance

TnLance Hit and Run

Furry, I agree it's time for Kyle to come home. In reality, President Obama is wanting to start pulling out the troops overseas. America has it's own problems. Maybe Kyle can come back to the lab? Just a suggestion.

14. Furbi

Furbi Witness

Hey Tnlance, good to have you here :)

I can't picture Kyle as a CSI, but maybe working in the coroner's office?? I don't think Horatio will allow him to be a policeman or go back into the military.

15. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Hi TnLance.

Furbi, while I agree that I don't think Horatio would want Kyle in as dangerous a job as police work or the military, we have to remember that Kyle is a man now and has already shown that he will make his own decisions. He did so over breakfast with Horatio when he answered Horatio's fear for Kyle's saftey by saying that Horatio's job is just as dangerous.