CSI: Crime City on Facebook

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by Smokey, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

As a matter of fact...yes! :lol: I got my evidence in time which gave me the XP to put me up to the next level. :p Now I just have to keep up the pace so you don't catch me again! :lol:

2. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

WooHoo, I'm a finalist for one of the photos in the ad campaign contest on Crime City. I just wish I could figure out how to get my credits for being a finalist. :lol:

3. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

i'm at level 14 and i'm finding it hard to advance because they purposely make it take forever to get more energy and don't give you enough energy to finish processing just the trace evidence at the crime scene. is there any way to get more energy without finding energy boosts (my computer slows down on purpose so i can't get more than 3 matches) or paying like $50?

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

It's definitely annoying in the beginning...you do get more energy if you can advance more though. I'm a level 45 I think and am getting close to 200 energy when it's full. I haven't logged in in a couple days though...they were having issues yet again with the game.

5. waiting4summer

Level 71, here. That's a challenge for sure. I struggled through that phase, too. One thing I found out a little later, when the wait time for your evidence hits ten hours plus and you do have a little extra energy sitting there unused because you're at full energy and can't go forward, go back and quickly run through some of those first few cases again. I take my time with them and stockpile up the energy I earn at those scenes. It gets to be addicting, doesn't it? lol I've found myself cutting my shopping time or errands short just to get back to get my small coffee for returning for my evidence on time. lol

Completing the earlier cases also helps you earn those experience points and level up, thus earning a larger energy bar!

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

will do, thanks :D another question: should i completely process a crime scene, even if i find all the evidence and there's still like 30% left of the crime scene left, or should i save my energy?

7. waiting4summer

If I'm going to be gone and the game has time to reload, I go ahead and finish (but then I always finish my crime scenes, I'm anal that way, lol). Finishing the scene could provide you with energy boosts you can save and the xp to help level up faster. Now you can go back and finish a scene at a later time if you choose (you used to have to replay a crime scene if you closed the case without finishing it first). I ALWAYS use every drop of my energy before leaving the game. I've been known to sit and wait for a couple of minutes so that I'll have enough to click on a square before leaving for work. lol

8. Smokey

Has anyone else had this mysterious, happy thing happen when they play the game?

I noticed sometimes when I check my energy items that I suddenly have an espresso sitting there. I get out of the game and go back in (or just hit refresh) and then there are TWO there! I do it again, and guess what? Three!

It just happens randomly. Some times it stops, and at other times I just get tired of the clicking and stop myself. :lol:

It's sure worth paying attention while you're playing to see if it's happening. :)

9. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I wonder how long until they notice and take them all back, like they did with the unlimited coffees that showed up a while ago. :) I'll have to try that though. My laptop sucks, so I only get small coffees on the energy game now. :(

Btw, stop leveling faster than me! :p

10. Smokey

:lol: Are you still playing? I haven't played for at least a week now because my wireless isn't working and I just don't have the time or patience to sit upstairs at the desk and play. But I see they have Case Set 13 out now. :)

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Not really right now. My laptop sounds terrible, so I've been checking TalkCSI on my phone - but can't play games on it. Should be back next week, when I get my new apartment, and my desktop computer set up again. Last I saw, you were 3 or 4 levels ahead of me. So, don't mind if I hope your wireless stays out while I catch up. :lol:

12. Smokey

Did I miss something? Am I not able to use friends' labs to process evidence anymore? It's not working tonight.

Secondly, does anyone know how to get your evidence when there is other evidence waiting to be processed? Like if the ballistics station is currently processing and the next piece of evidence that I find also goes there, it's always on top and I can't pick up the other evidence. I have to go ahead and start processing the second piece before I can see and pick up the first piece. Annoying when I don't want to start processing the second.

13. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, doesn't seem to be working. They took out the speed bonus for processing more than one thing anyway though. :( I don't really like the changes to the processing/lab.

They've also changed what happens when you run out of energy while searching. Instead of opening your energy items, it goes to the store.. I have lots of coffee, I don't want to buy more! :rolleyes:

Now stop levelling until I catch up! :lol:

14. Smokey

Yeah, I noticed that the store pops up instead of your stash when you start to run low. Sneaky! I wish they would run it a bit more like the Farm games and stuff....more interactive with your friends and the stuff you can buy/do.

You'd better get a move on if you want to catch up! :lol:

15. Smokey

So now they've made changes in the energy. You can get some "coffee beans" when you search evidence tiles (although they look more like something else!) and earn energy, but it goes right to your current energy bar, not into storage. Same with picking up coffee at your friends' labs and playing the energy game.

The problem with this is...you have to use it right then or you basically lose out on it because you would have earned it anyway with time. I liked it better when it went into storage to use any time you want.

The CSI Crime City Facebook page has a poll on it to tell them what you think about these changes. If you don't like them, please go fill out the poll and tell them! Maybe they'll change it back.