Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New York

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Re: Season 8 Spoiler Discussion - There's Nothing You Can't Do In New

Mac belongs with Stella he always did and he always will that's why the show ended up a Bubble show in the first place because we'eve been forced to endure Jonah Danville instead of our Stella. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed SW does a Fishburne and goes doesn't matter how the rid us of Jo let her go back to DC or herd of wildebeest as long as it doesn't involve Mac (unless he's investigating Jonah's bloody demise ofcourse you could sell tickets to that one) it really doesn't matter at all. The only thing me and the other 99.999999% of the audience want is our Smacked happy ending after waitng all this time and all the crap we have put up with not to mention TPTB developing selective amnesia during Exit Strategy (not even remotely insulting that to character/actress and anyone who watched prior to S7 and gave TPTB the benefit of the doubt is it) it's the very least we deserve and PV & Co should do. My ideal would be to have Mac awarded a long service medal and have Stella return to watch the ceremony then afterwards have the two of them strolling arm in arn through Central Park watching the stars I'll leave the rest up to your imaginations. As for Danny that's easy no Jonah means he could become Mac's second in command he now holds the rank doesn't he?

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:p.

Dunno. Guess I always kinda saw some sort of link between Mac as a character and New York as a city, as well as him and the team dealing with sundry within it on a weekly basis. It is a reason why I'd prefer the writers come up with an ending that reflects what they've all been thru and contributed, as well as remarking on what's changed in the intervening years.

Agree. I'd like to see a bit more of that reintegrated, as opposed to any soap boxes making an unfortunate return.

I hope so. It's an opportune time, and if this is indeed the last season (but who knows) it would be all the more significant, for lack of better phrasing.

I would presume that all of them have been impacted, and it could be nice to see what that impact has been, for all of them, but yes of course for Mac, as the loss of Claire and his dealing with that was a huge part of the arc of his character.

I'd love spectacular, but I'd settle for consistently well done and a solid season of work.

I don't think I'd like to see Stella return, or if MK does somehow guest in an ep, I'd not like to see Mac head down to NO as some sort of sunset ending. Nor would I actually like to see him slow down, necessarily. Seeing him evaluate his life could be interesting, but Mac inactive isn't wholly Mac for me, he's too driven a guy. He could certainly stand to widen the scope of his personal life, even if he remains focused primarily on his professional life.

A mention of Stella or of a visit, or a bumping into one another at some forensic convention, for example, would work fine for me. (But of course, that also wouldn't have to be Mac either, could be anyone from the team who had theoretically attended :p)

...dang but I keep getting odd flashes of deja vu.

But I'll play.

Disagree. One character will not sink nor save a show.

An alternate consideration or two: network scheduling big picture; being on the bubble in part likely had a little something to do with the network being unwilling to commit to another season back in February or March, whenever they were wrapping up finishing filming for the season, heading into a heavy development slate, and some few weeks before pilots were done and months before upfronts underway.

Another take; had the show been so brilliant with Stella as a part of it, why did it get shunted to Friday at all? (in part, to make room for another new show at the time, that whole development thingy...)

I get the convenient logic in suggesting such, especially from some smack fans, but there's a whole lot more to the picture than that :lol:

If ya want a literal parallel then SW would need to complete a second season :p.

...dang but I keep getting flashes of dej- whoa. Freaky :p.

Dandy to speak for yourself. Speaking for myself, I disagree. I think a Smack happy ending would be a horrible end for the show.

Smack have never been, and with Stella gone, it would certainly make no sense now. The show is also Crime Scene Investigation, New York City. I'd hope that the writers would continue to keep the focus on that, as they have done.

Rly? I think the show and the audience deserve a cohesive season, and should it be the last one, one focused on the characters currently on the show. Not those who have departed.

Well, there's always Fan Fiction, should it not come to pass onscreen for ya.

I believe that the promotion in question is meant to complicate DL's life by posing the question of wether Danny would prefer to remain working within CSI, as opposed to accepting the promotion and possibly having to transfer elsewhere.

I think it would be odd, personally, for Messer to suddenly jump to second in command in the labs. I liked Stella as second, and I like Jo. I'm quite happy to have her continue in that role.

3. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

First off, why are you all saying it's going to be the final season?? Have you all no hope?? I think if the writers get back to their old ways, spin things right, maybe (MAYBE) kill off Jo at the end, and stop being pessimistic, they could possibly make this season their best yet, and they could push for a ninth season! There's a reason this show got another season. It's a good show, it's part of a good franchise that'm making CBS a lot of money, and it shouldn't get cancelled! I know there has been a lot of changes, i.e. MK leaving, SW coming, the one crime an ep thing, the increased use of montages, on and on, but have some faith! I mean, even with all the changes, it's still a good show, only... different. I'm going to hope, however foolishly, that CSI: NY has a ninth season, because it truly is my favorite show, and they've done a beautiful job, over the years creating a beautiful show.
    I don't know. Maybe I'm being hopelessly optimistic. I just know that I'm officially giving Sela Ward a chance. One season is truly not enough time for her to show us what she's got. but in the meantime... how about some spoilers??? anyone got anything???

4. cikmaoto0732

cikmaoto0732 Victim

nice song i like that

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Erik, why do you keep referring to Jo as Jonah? I don't think that's her full first name.

Also, I just want to say that when the writers make comments that sound like they are gonna pair Mac and Jo together romantically, they are most likely just teasing the fans. I don't honestly believe it will ever happen. They may have moments of playful, friendly flirting (think Morgan and Garcia on Criminal Minds), but I do not honestly believe the writers will ever put them together in a romantic relationship.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's Josephine.

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Also, 'Jo' is also the short form for 'Jody'. From what I know, 'Jonah' is a guy's name too so...:)

Her full name from my knowledge is Josephine Danville. 'Jo' is simply the shortened form of her first full name. :)

8. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

It's probably intended as an insult.
    IIRC, Jonah was the biblical character on ship that was in a storm. The crew blamed him for the storm and chucked him overboard whereupon he was swallowed by a whale.

The implication to me is that Erik believes Jo to be responsible for all that is wrong with the show and won't be happy until she's chucked overboard.
    But I could be misinterpreting their posts and maybe they secretly love Jo.

9. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Jo has breathed fresh life into "CSI:NY", IMO, Seasons 5 and 6 were terrible, Season 7 was one of the best.

Besides, I heard Sela signed for Seasons 7, 8 & 9 (working on getting a link for y'all now) so she's not going anywhere :)

"Sela Ward has signed for three seasons on the CBS procedural."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/csi_sela_juCROhLFbUv3MlblsBMk7H#ixzz1PYYuH6Vo

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  10. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

From the few clips that I have watched on youtube of Jo, I have drawn my conclusion: The character herself is very endearing and Sela portrays her well.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope next season the writers can come up with a powerful/moving Jo-centric episode that will at least give Sela an Emmy nomination, like what 'Yahrzeit' had given to Ed Asner. I thought Gary would have made it too but he kind of overacted in the interrogation scene. She did very good this season but a long shot for a nomination. There are many dramas out there that really brought out an actor's acting ability.

12. UKFAN

UKFAN Dead on Arrival

PHANTOMERIK;1152254]Mac belongs with Stella he always did and he always will that's why the show ended up a Bubble show in the first place because we'eve been forced to endure Jonah Danville instead of our Stella. Personally I'm keeping my fingers crossed SW does a Fishburne and goes doesn't matter how the rid us of Jo let her go back to DC or herd of wildebeest as long as it doesn't involve Mac (unless he's investigating Jonah's bloody demise ofcourse you could sell tickets to that one) it really doesn't matter at all. The only thing me and the other 99.999999% of the audience want is our Smacked happy ending after waitng all this time and all the crap we have put up with not to mention TPTB developing selective amnesia during Exit Strategy (not even remotely insulting that to character/actress and anyone who watched prior to S7 and gave TPTB the benefit of the doubt is it) it's the very least we deserve and PV & Co should do. My ideal would be to have Mac awarded a long service medal and have Stella return to watch the ceremony then afterwards have the two of them strolling arm in arn through Central Park watching the stars I'll leave the rest up to your imaginations. As for Danny that's easy no Jonah means he could become Mac's second in command he now holds the rank doesn't he?[/QUOTE]

I absolutely agree with this comment. I do think that Gary and Melina had great chemistry which jumped off the screen and hit the viewer and I do think that the producers seem to have forgotton this in season 7, for example it would have been nice to have Mac look at a picture of the entire season one team (with both Stella and Aiden) at the end of season 7, especially as the producers thought it was the last one.

I also agree that Sela Ward really did not bring any sparkle to the show and in fact made it that more boring and really did nothing to improve the ratings. I do wonder if people preferred Sela because she was the same age as Gary and I know that some people do not like the older man and younger woman relationship (Grissom and Sara is one instance), but in this case the relationship between Mac and Stella was fantastic.

The producers are going to have think long and hard about the future of the show, especially if this is Gary's last one and whether or not the show can carry on without him. So whatever we want is now up to the producers and believe me they are not going to please everyone.

By the way can someone please tell me what TPTB means? Thanks.

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I really do not understand why TPTB (The Powers That Be) would spend time on a character that is no longer on the show, especially when the actress CHOSE to leave and would not come back to give any proper closure to the character. Shipping fans aren't "owed" anything. The only thing any viewers are owed is a quality show, which I believe they provided in S7. IMO S7 was the best since S1. Granted, every viewer has different favorite aspects of a show, but I know there are plenty of fans that adore Jo/Sela and think the show was revitalized by her. For anyone to say that a majority, never mind 99.9999999%, of fans like or dislike anything is beyond absurd. Just because people you personally know agree with you does not mean the majority of 10 Million viewers agree with you.

14. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I agree with Perfect Anomaly, and IMO without Sela the show wouldn't have been given an eighth season. I was devastated when Melina left, but Sela has brought so much to the show I wouldn't want Jo to leave even if it meant Stella coming back, and Jo and Mac seem to have a closer relationship than he and Stella ever had.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Same here. I loved Stella but when Jo came in I just enjoyed the show a littke bit more, just like when I was new fan back in season 5. Sorry if some Melina/Stella can't see what I'm seeing but the show is still very much alive.

Thank goodness Mac and Stella weren't coupled up because in my opinion it would look like an incest. Eww. I wouldn't mind if Mac and Jo would end up together in the end but I HIGHLY doubt the writers would take that route. They can tease the hell out of the Mac/Jo shippers but it won't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.