Eva/Natalia #4: Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Mar 29, 2011.

?

thread title

Poll closed Apr 10, 2011.
  1. Don't Hate Her Because She's Beautiful

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. I am Woman, Hear me Roar

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Boa Vista - A Beautiful View

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Foreva Boa Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Always There For Everyone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. More than what you think she is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. It's about time, she's waited long enough

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  8. Let's Go Berserk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Berserk for Boa Vista

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Her watch read about 10 after 1. I just thought it was a little strange since usually you'd just see her look down at her watch, not show the time. Meh....maybe tptb just wanted to show off her watch since it's the one they gave her. :p

Great to have confirmation that she's on for season 10 - I wasn't too worried, but it's good to ease the mind.
    I expect an excellent interview come premiere time, Shane. :D

TV Guide magazine has a Q&A with her about the season finale & her fate - If I can find it again, I'll post (it was on Twitter).

2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I saw someone posted this on another forum, but there was no link, so I don't know how accurate this is. MJ, can you verify if this was the article you're referring to?

"Will Natalia Boa Vista Survive?" (interview with Eva La Rue-Published in TV Guide on newstands this week.)

Last we saw Horatio Caine, he was lying on the ground in a pool of blood, as a car carrying Natalia in the trunk flew off a pier and sank beneath the water.

TVG: Is this the end for the lab tech who finallly got out into the field? It's safe to assume that a lot of people are very concerned about your future employment.

ELR: I think I'm OK. I just re-signed (my contract), so I'm not worried. But the network always reserves the right to change its mind and kill you off. So I guess it could be bad.

TVG: What did you think when you read the script?

ELR: (Laughs) Honestly, I thought, "Well, that keeps me from asking for any more money, doesn't it?" But I feel like they were using it as a plot device and a great way to end the season.

TVG: This was a huge year for you.

ELR: It was really exciting. I was the resident victim. I hot hijacked, kidnapped, zip-tied to the bottom of a van, stuffed into the back of a trunk and pushed off a pier.

TVG: What's nxt for Natalia?

ELR: I'm hoping for a soggy Natalia to return next season. I'll either be soggy and dead, or soggy and alive. There's only two ways to come out of it, and I'm hoping for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only thing that surprised me was that the Network is able to axe a person. I thought they only axe shows and everyone pretty much go together.

I am sure we expect a "Soggy & Alive" Natalia next season! :)

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I often wonder whether this sort of stuff - like Eva getting a lot of screentime this season because of Emily being on maternity and her being ignored in seasons before - doesn't cause any sour feelings between these two. I mean Emily got all the juicy storylines in the past, like romantic interests, kidnapping etc and Eva hardly ever was shown in the epi. This season it was the other way round and Eva claims she loved it. What will be the next season when Emily gets back? It will be either Emily back as a leader and Eva hardly ever there or she will be forefront from now what will upset Emily's fans. How hard can it be for the writers to rotate juicy storylines - give Nat something interesting, that H., than Ryan etc. They only have 2 females here and it's either all or nothing. Different than in LV, where Cath and Sara both had interesting storylines in the same season and still there was a time for others. I just hope that both Eva and Emily like each other still and there is no unhealthy rivarly over who gets better storylines and more screentime.

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Well, it make some sense in 'CSI Miami world'. I mean roughly less than 6 hours prior it was around 8am in the morning and 6 hours later it would be 2pm, which was when she was rolled off the pier.

Only now I realised that they are literally trying to portray that they actually solve a crime within a single day (less than 12 hours to be exact because it is still bright when the episode ends). Wow, that's faster than the show "24". I always wonder why the wear the same clothes. :lol:

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes, that is the one from TVGuide magazine - the tweet/photo I saw was scanned from the magazine.

Well, personally, I don't think the only reason why Eva got storylines this season was because of Emily's pregnancy. Although she missed 4 episodes in season 8, TPTB had already begun Natalia's storyline (hearing loss, etc) & she started going out onto the field more & seen more in episodes....Emily was not pregnant at that time.. I also don't think that Natalia/Eva was ever meant to be on the backburner as just a labrat -- she was brought into the show as recurring & quickly promoted to a regular; I believe that if tptb had not ever had any future plans for her character, she'd have been gone long ago.

TPTB have never been too good at balancing storylines - screentime has been better balanced, but no doubt they haven't shown they're capable of allowing each character to have something in each season. Where next season leads the 2 of them, I do not know - however, I don't get the impression that Natalia's storyline will go away anytime soon; & I think tptb could handle it just fine continuing with that storyline while incorporating Calleigh/Emily back in full time.

6. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Wow, this message board jumps from 0 to 60 in no time ;) Us Natters are reall chatters huh? :lol:

As for the watch scene - Perhaps they'll show her watch again when she's rescued, to emphysis how long she was under (and how long H was down).

OR - perhaps TPTB where trying to create suspence. Maybe it was mentioned at the start of the episode that the plane crash occured at about 7 am - meaning if we noticed it then when Natalia checks her watch it's 6 hours later - meaning we know someone's about to go into a trunk :(

I guess we'll have to wait till season 10 till we see our girl again :( I agree with Eva - soggy and ALIVE!!!! :thumbsup:

7. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Thanks for the caps, Michya. Love them!:p

I've been reading elsewhere alot of fans chatting about how they think Natalia & Horatio will be saved, etc, & while I'm leaning towards the theory (& everyone else's apparently) that they'll both be saved within the first 7 minutes of the show (H will call it in, help will arrive & he'll be able to give enough hints as to where she is, someone will jump in to get her), what if it's not that predictable?
    Maybe I'm thinking too far out of the box here, but what if Natalia ends up looking like the main suspect? From what we can assume, the rest of the team didn't know about the pier meeting. Both Hummers are present, but only Horatio. Natalia's gun is laying next to him; she's unaccounted for. No signs of anyone else there (from what we can tell), nor is there any blood of Natalia's, or signs of her struggle w/ Randy (& if there is then that would take more time to process).
    Then there's Horatio who will likely be barely hanging on & near shock -- if help arrives & they ask him "who did this?".....the first thing that he'd likely think to say is Natalia's name because he'll want someone to help her.

I know, I know...the team would be ignorant to think she shot him (that doesn't mean a higher-up wouldn't believe it). And then there is the 'Sleepless in Miami' incident that could come to light.....
    Gahhh! I'd lose it for sure if we had to wait it out for her to be found/rescued -- but to think that the rescue will be played out so easily/quickly is just...meh.

Some crazy speculation there, sorry, but I had to get it out.

9. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That is acutally a brilleantly evil theory!!!!!!! OMG WHAT IF THAT HAPPENS?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: If it looks like Nat shot Horatio, Ryan would be first to beleive it because he's the only other one who knows about the SIM scene!!!

If someone suggests Natalia did it, one of the team (Walter, Calleigh or Eric) would say that there's no way she could have done that....

And Ryan could say there is and then explain what happened in SIM.....

As you said, it's speculation (like our Nat-baby theory) - it could possibly happen (GASP!) or it could make a good fanfiction - though it'll be fun to discuss and continue on! ;)

BTW, love the screencaps!!!!!!!!!! :)

10. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

^Lol! Great idea, I agree! I am still waiting for the day, we get a revisit of SIM.

But at least not for long until they got the bullet out and match it against Natalia's gun. They won't match, so Natalia won't be a suspect, or until they do their forensic work. They could also find a bullet casing nearby where Randy fired the shot.

I just hope the rescue scene doesn't last for 7 minutes only!!! At least give me a 15 mins, is that too long? I am not sure, but I just want it to be a satisfying one!

Lol, we never give up on the Nat-baby theory do we? After all, remember this case mentioned about child custody and foster care...hmmm. ;)

Nonetheless a good idea which I don't mind seeing. I believe this event will/must lead to something for Natalia in the next season!!! Noticed how this case was solely related to her? It has to be, though it depends how far TPTB would take it.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Exactly.
    Although, I don't think it would be something where he'd immediatly pin her. I think Ryan would be the type to sit back quietly first & think it over, then someone would see him perplexed & he'd be forced to tell them what happened in 'Sleepless'.
    And like I said above, if it were to happen, it may not be the team who actually suspect her but someone higher up on the chain instead (this would be a great way for tptb to introduce a new 'meanie' for the season).
    I wouldn't want to see any member of the team think that she did it -- they aren't supposed to put thier feelings before the evidence, but in that case I would want them to. I'd want them to just "know" that something isn't right & that she's in need of help, while the higher-ups can be the jerks making all the accusations.

Yep. I like seeing that tptb have reasons for what they do, & so far there's been nothing that bounced off the incident in 'Sleepless' -- I'm still sitting here asking WHY they created that scenario for her, what did it mean, what was the point.

Only problem I have with this whole theory is that I couldn't stand seeing Natalia learn what she did. Won't it be bad enough that she'd feel she was the reason that Horatio was shot (Randy was after her, not H)? Then to top off that guilt with her finding out she once had shot at him? :(
    I don't think I want her to ever find out.

12. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Eva La Rue announced on Twitter last night that she signed a contract for season 10. I wonder what this means for Horatio?

13. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

The rescue scene is definitely going to happen within the first several minutes; that's the only way in the world I could ever see Natalia being pulled from the water alive, imo. My guess is that Natalia and Horatio called in backup on their way to the pier and, while backup wasn't there when Horatio was shot and Natalia pushed into the water, they'll arrive there soon after. They'll probably rush to Horatio's side and Horatio, being the guy that he is, will immediately alert them to Natalia's predicament and make sure they take care of her before they take care of him.

Of course, this is Miami, so it'll probably happen very differently - and slightly outrageously - than what I'm thinking, but I definitely believe that Natalia and Horatio's rescue will happen early on in the episode.

And mj, as much as I love you and your crazy theories, I don't see Natalia becoming the suspect in the attempted murder of Horatio. Girl shoots HoCaine, locks herself in the trunk of a car, and uses her magic powers to push it into the ocean? ...Probably not. And I doubt there would even be enough time for backup/the CSIs to even think for a second that Natalia had anything to do with Horatio's injury after they arrive at the scene... because Horatio's going to be on them about his CSI in peril and needing to be saved ASAP.

14. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

There's always the possibility Natalia will get herself out of the trunk. Of course, it would be the least plausible, so that's probably what they will write, lol.

15. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Opinion: Do you guys prefer her to be rescued or to escape herself?

I would rather see her rescued.

This alone would really have a big impact on her. But if it has to happen for her storyline to progress, then I am ok with it. Knowing the character of Natalia, we all know she will come out stronger!!! :)

PS. Don't forget to take this chance to download SIM (Sleepless in Miami) on iTunes for free!! One of the best episode!!

Last edited: May 30, 2011