Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ Majority of SVU's episodes are disturbing. I think that's the point.

Oh CI is back with Goren and Eames! They are soo great and I am so excited to see rest of the episodes... even though I still can't believe how much weight d'onforio (sp?) has got in these past few years...

2. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I can't wait for the season finale...now on law&orderLA I'm really sad that it wont get a new seaso..

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I just read that Mariska Hargitay will only be in the first half of the next season of SVU; then Jennifer Love Hewitt will come in when 'Olivia' gets promoted. Interesting choice. I'm not a big fan of JLH, but I'll give her a chance; I have a hard time picturing her in a tough cop role.
    Christopher Meloni is still negotiating.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope they'll settle in with an actress of Mariska calibre and about the same age. I think JLH can't even hurt a fly! But we'll see maybe because I pictured her as the rape victim earlier this season.

5. semazem

semazem Victim

[spam gone]

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  6. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I cannot understand why shows that have run so long with same people, they think they can continue by just changing the people when old ones want to move on?

Look what happened with CI (even it was near its end anyways)

It's sad to let go, but sometimes great shows should let die with dignity... IMHO

7. klassmsx

klassmsx Victim

SPAM

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
  8. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

JLH played an a episode this season rite....law&order with out mariska will not be good to me:confused:

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This lying little 16 yr old weasel Hunter was so guilty of everything he was accused of. His mom played so aptly by Rita Wilson, his mom [she's as good as her hubby] defending him and raving about "what a good boy" he was, horsesh**. The he accused Stabler of mlolesting him as well, no way but they nailed him. Always good:bolian:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

JLH is a very odd choice to replace Mariska. I cannot see her in a cop role at all. Maybe as the DA, but not a cop. That image doesn't work. Maybe for 21 Jump Street, but otherwise, just no. Nothing wrong with Jennifer, she just doesn't have the right look to play a cop on SVU. I really don't think it will work.

Is Stabler leaving too?

11. mojero

mojero Victim

[SPAM]

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  12. Desertwind

Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay, havent signed on to return to NBC's highest-rated drama, but no matter their decision, Law & Order:SUV's season finale signals farewell for at least two people associated with the sex crimes series. Executive producer Neal Baer signs off after 10 years, wile on screen a familiar character dies violently. Tonghts episode opens when a witness to a rape at a beauty salon, which Benson [Hargity] and stabler [Meloni] are investigating, is murdered in front of her daughter [Lie To Me's Hayley McFarland]. "The rape leads to a dark story about cigarette and gun smuggling", says Baer, who will be developing shows for CBS in June. Terrier's Michael Raymond-James plays a gun runner and Charlayne Woodard returns as activist nun Sister Peg. The end of the show is one of the most explosive scenes we've done", says Baer, "When a gn gets in the hands of the wrong person, a shootout leaves someone dead and the conquences are devastating. Something happens to Stabler that changes him", Baer hints. The outgoing producer says he'll miss "telling really compelling stories that are cutting-edge in terms of the political and social zeitgeist", and shares a few of his most memorable guest-stars turns:"Elizabeth Mtchell [accused of being a pedophile] praying in the interrogation room:Maria Bello screaming that even though both daddies were rapists, she's nothing like Benson:and Jennifer Love Hewitt begging her rapist not to hurt her again. We've had such amazing moments"..

By Ileane Rudolph, TV Guide writer, issue, May 16-22~

13. Desertwind

This was INTENSE geez louise, Th guy accused of raping Annette, will be going to trial. Their walking along and a hooded guy jumps out grabs her purse, and then shoots her right in fron of her daughter. Name is Luke but to cut to the chase, his co-partner in the horrendous crime is a low-life homelss guy named Eddie, who was paid to shoot her so she wouldn't testify in his trial. Come to find out he'd bought the gun from a ATF agent named Greer. Theu haul all of them in, Olivia calls the daughter to tell her the news, she comes down to the precint, is glad their all in jail. She leaves, come back [had bought a gun off the street] and shoots all 3 of them. I was so shocked . The whol team hits the floor and Stabler yells at her to drop the gun, she starts to shoot again, and he shoots her:wtf: talk about a surprise ending:eek:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This is an interesting development: Chris Meloni Exits L&O:SVU

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/chris-meloni-exits-law-order-svu/

I can't say I'm terribly surprised; he made comments last year that he was thinking about leaving. And, with Mariska part-time, I figured he might defect.
    I'll probably give the new crew a look. I confess to being a L&O junkie, and it will be the last one standing.
    Maybe Skeet Ulrich will be considered.... Oh wait, his character's dead. :(

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  15. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I'm so distressed with the state of SVU right now. If I had a choice between Mariska or Chris leaving...I'd choose Mariska since her new child will most likely be taking up her mental focus. No one's left on the show anymore since Huang, Munch, Cragen, and Melinda are always gone, the show can't keep an ADA, Meloni's also gone, and Ice-T has a reality show with his wife Coco so we know what that means. I guess Olivia's going to be running the unit by herself next season, can't wait.:rolleyes:

Skeet Ulrich is still a candidate to be considered though. Casey Novak was censured even though they said she was disbarred several times. I can imagine the storylines the writers would come up with to explain Skeet Ulrich popping up, "He's not dead, he was frozen and then thawed once he was put in witness protection. Now's he looking for revenge with the only unit that'll take him, SVU." Imagine the seasons of endless character angst and potential sexual tension between Rex and Olivia. Doesn't this sound like a great idea?:rolleyes: