CSI: NY Renewed For Season 8!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, May 17, 2011.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

I'm feeling very disillusioned with ny at the moment. I never, as much as I didn't think it should get renewed, thought I'd actually feel disappointed when I heard it wasn't cancelled, but i did. I wonder if I'll even bother with season 8. if I do, it'll be just to watch Gary and no more. after the dreadful season 6, for me s7 had to be spectacular to pull the show back from the dustbin of my mind. but it wasn't. there were a few great eps, but that's not enough. otherwise, it was mediocre.

if they were renewing the show at the level it was around s1-3, I'd be ecstatic because that was a GREAT show. but as it is? why bother? meh.

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

WOW! Although I had many angry rants, I would have to say that CSI:NY could be one of the best TV-Survival stories I've ever seen. With this, I guess I'm eating my own script this time.

Although I can't promise that I'll be as loyal to this show, not after the damage MK caused to many fans, with Sela Ward trying to repair, in my eyes but I congradulate CSI:NY for defying the odds and living to see another season. :)

I made a lot of angry rants for the past year. With the renewal of the show, I finally now want to apologize to everybody for my negative comments in regard to how I ranted about Stella/MK's absence. A sizable percentage of the emptiness remains as of this writing but like I said, it would take at least a whole season to recover from last year for me.

Now that the show lives to see another season, I wanted to offer my sincerest apologies to everyone for posts that came off as wishing for the show's end over MKs departure.

I STILL wish that they'd move CSI:NY back to Wednesdays though. Friday is when TV is the least of my plans, even when I stay home. Why they moved it there is beyond me.

I'm still kind of in the dumps over MK's leaving but for now though, I wanted to offer congradulations to CSI:NY and crew for defying the odds and surviving for another season. :) I also want to apologize to those I may have offended with past posts. My loyalty to CSI:NY remains badly reduced over what happened and it may never recover to former levels again but I do hope that they don't follow up "Exit Strategy" with a lousy season 8, nor a brilliant 'closure' episode with a limping joke of a season like what happened with "In A Dark Dark House" on the Vegas show.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Awwwww yeaaaah! [​IMG]

4. orvladi

orvladi Victim

YES! These news made my day, really :):):) It's going to be great, even with 13 episodes. Still, I think season 8 will be the final one, because I don't think CBS will be that merciful next year... but right now, I don't care about it.
    SEASON 8, WOOO-HOOO! :)

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

IF Season 8 will truly be it's last, then at least have it be well-written and have the show close out on a decent note. :) Move it back to Wednesdays too if possible.

7. Tequesta

Tequesta Rookie

Cool! Very pleased to hear it's coming back! :)

8. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

[​IMG]

Doing the happy dance.
    This is great news.
    Woot woot.

I really want to see more of Jo.

9. DannysGirl

DannysGirl Hit and Run

You were doing the happy dance as well???

I just settled down from mine!!

So happy they've renewed it!!!

LOL and I also wanted to see more of Jo so I'm glad we're getting that chance...and a chance to see more of my Danny and Flack! Gah I can't wait

:hugegrin::hugegrin::hugegrin:

10. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

DITTO same here and more of Danny yahoo :cool:

11. DannysGirl

DannysGirl Hit and Run

I'm all for more Danny! Especially with his new promotion!:adore:

I'm just glad we're getting a chance to see more of Jo as well, I adore her so we'll get to see more of her characters growth which I love and am looking forward to.

Also Flack....boy so needs a new love in his life.....*whistles innocently* :adore::adore:

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

That comment has also given me an idea well for Flack anyhow

13. DannysGirl

DannysGirl Hit and Run

LOL oh boy! You be nice to my Flack :D he was my first love on that show wrote a multi chap story on him, got a tonne of reviews! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with though!

*Runs away to once again celebrate the series renewal*

14. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'll play nice with Flack

15. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

When I found out Sela was joining the show for its seventh season, it was pretty much the same excitement. Woohoow.

[​IMG]

Oke. It's midnight. I should go to sleep now.