Episode 9x22 - 'Mayday' - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 7, 2011.

1. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

liked the episode-shots on a plane? not good..a lot of female victims to show this escapee guy was a seriously bad dude..I liked Renee especially since when H told her a 16yr old girl has been kidnapped she gave up her 'cover' as an agent but I was curious why she didn't have a gun or listening device? no back up. As for the last 10 min. it was extreme. I liked it but think Horatio is very injured and I wonder now for consequences in the season 10 and beyond=will this affect his confidence and skills later? and boy I really hope they have some hospital scene with his team around him in s10 premiere.. As for Natalia, I think back up is like a minute behind them and they will rescue her-who knows maybe Erik is in one of the follow up police vehicles? yeah I think Randy already got rid of toller? the way he said I already took care of the situation type comment-like he blames his former cellmate for losing his kids as much as he blames Nat..well yeah long summer but hopefully A&E will show reruns...

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  2. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

I enjoyed the last ten minutes as well as others here. For the most part, I didn't find the epi that exceptional otherwise. But seeing the cliffhanger where Natalia is in that car......well.....all I could think of was........poor girl. :eek: I mean this season wasn't very kind to Nat at all. Drugged, held captive, I don't know how many times for that, and now this. Wow, that's rough. But ELR is a great actor and she pulls it off with skillful technique. Good for her.

Horatio being shot.:wtf: OK he will recover but like so many of you said, no scratch please TPTB, ok!?!? I mean I hate seeing him injured but at least a hospital stay and tests would be nice. That way we know he's human. He is isn't he!!!!??? :rolleyes: But I do have a few concerns like everyone else.

Where were those sparks between H and Renee?!?! I like her, she's a strong woman and a classy lady. Hope things work out for them. But those sparks were not there. Oh well.

Frank wasn't as injured as we were led to believe. Glad he wasn't but still wasn't Frank supposed to pull away from the team from that injury? Maybe next season. Desk work or something like that. Who know with TPTB.

Nice to see Calleigh and Wolfie although scenes with them were brief. Love how Walter didn't believe Renee and introduced himself as Obama. And after he checked her out, her response was "Obama huh!" I guess she was trying to tell him at least she is who she said she is. LOL:guffaw: But it's all good. The thing is, Toller is in the wind so that may leave some space for Renee to come back and that would be wonderful. If she does, let those sparks fly TPTB.

So I now have to wait with you fine folks and see who survives and who don't. Better have Nat and H next season with all the others or I may have to scream........ :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Silencer? (Admittedly, I'm not the best person to comment on this. I had to watch with the sound turned down, as hubby had already gone to bed, so I'm not sure if the gunshot was audible to us in the audience.)

Actually, Natalia did go down pretty quickly; it's just that she jumped over to Horatio to see how he was doing, then Randy thunked her on the head and dragged her off.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  4. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I also went back and paused it, and it clearly showed in the slow-mo that Horatio was shot in the lower abdomen (the blood appears there when the shot rang out).

So...this likely won't be "just a flesh wound," which I'm happy about - seeing H fight for his team while injured is very compelling and to see him in a state of vulnerability and having to rely on his team now is also awesome. Perhaps it will bring him closer to his team, esp. since he's been so distant for so many years.

As a side note, I was looking on wikipedia (which I know anyone can update, but still...) and under "CSI:MIAMI" it said Calleigh was now the Assistant Supervisor, just as Megan Donner was in Season 1. Don't know when that happened (didn't watch Seasons 7-8, catchin up on those eps now) but all I gotta say is it's about freakin' time! I hope she comes back full-force in Season 10 - I truly miss her and think she's right up there with Natalia. I hope she and Nat have a good moment during the premier.

5. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Assuming they're both rescued, Eric sort of needs to be in two places. He's the obvious choice to go after Natalia, because of his diving experience, but he's even more obviously the one to put his arms round Horatio. IMO, anyway!

6. elliecatt

elliecatt Dead on Arrival

yea, and I want to see some vulnerable 'Horatio in the hospital scenes'! he's always the hero, always looking out for everybody, now they can by god look after him for awhile!
    I know it sounds twisted but after 9 seasons I was ready for his turn to be the 'hurt' one! he got shot in the belly-I don't think he's gonna just get up from this one.
    oh, btw, hi everyone, I'm Ellie... XD

7. vefilmizle1

vefilmizle1 Victim

[spam]

--Finch

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When H and Eric went to Rio after Marisol's killer, Calleigh was left in charge of the lab... so I'm guessing this is why people assume she's the assistant supervisor.

9. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Welcome Ellie :) I totally agree with you, I loved the scene in Out of Time when they were all gathered around Eric's bed. I hope the team will do that for Horatio. Plus it will be neat to see him actually laying down, in the hospital, out of action for once. I'm curious as to whether they'll show him being rushed to the hospital or just Nat's rescue (provided she is rescued!).

10. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I think both H and Natalia will be saved (or maybe I HOPE they are! :wtf: )

Either both will be fine (if so I'll be pissed :shifty:) or else just Horatio will be - and the focus of the premire will be on him.

But (what I'm hoping is) both are down. I mean, Horatio is obviously gonna need to get used to a hospital bed for the premire, and as a few of you said there is high chances Natalia is going to suffer some form of injury. I honestly think both are going to be hospitalized during the premire.

Maybe Ryan and Calleigh will be seen more because of this :) Hoping that there are team-moments though ;)

11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

12. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Yeah I'm guessing Nat will have a pretty nasty head wound from the blow Randy dealt her with the butt of his pistol. H for sure will need surgery and intensive care. I hope they're realistic about it and make it so he can't return to work for a least a few weeks. I doubt it will affect his confidence in his abilities as a cop, nor will it inspire him to wait for back-up or wear a vest. I think he'll bounce right back physically at least. But if Nat isn't okay, his emotional recovery will be a different story.

13. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Not an impressive episode by any stretch. A few positives:

- Calleigh in more than one scene, and doing real forensics work!
    - The bad guy's evil grin- definitely spooky
    - Tom/Ryan interaction
    - Frank. Is. Awesome.
    - Walter got told. :lol: Can I get an "O SNAP!"?
    - Renee is a-okay in my book. She is far more mature and age-appropriate than H's previous romances. Not seeing "sparks" yet, but I hope that if she's back next season, the writers keep developing her as a strong, independent, mature woman, because that is the kind of person who Horatio should be in a relationship with.

But there were definitely a lot of negatives.

- Natalia. Natalia. Natalia. More Natalia. IT'S TOO MUCH- especially since she's the new resident damsel in distress. It would be one thing if she was actually contributing something to these investigations.
    - Horatio [and Natalia] goes somewhere without much-needed backup for the 5,682nd time.
    - Chasing after fugitives. Again. If that cancelled NBC show "The Chase" hadn't already taken the name, CSI:Miami should've grabbed it. Where is the science? The ballistics? Dramatic chases and danger scenes are no longer exciting because they happen ALL THE TIME.
    - Last 10 minutes were more boring than anything. I used to feel like I couldn't wait for the next season- now I'm feeling like it'll be nice to take a break. This season was pretty bad in my opinion- by the last episodes, watching was more of a chore than something to look forward to.

And I don't know if it's the makeup, lighting, color saturation, or a combination of all of the above, but they need to stop making Natalia's skin so orange. I seriously doubt Eva looks like an Oompa Loompa in real life. My sister, who never watches this show, was in the room with me when I was watching the season finale, and one of the first things she said afterwards was "I'm overwhelmed by how orange she is."

Totally agreed. In almost every single episode this season, there is some kind of chase. While the occasional chase is to be expected, it shouldn't be the main focus of the entire show. It is, after all, C.S.I.- as in investigating crime scenes, which can't be called crime scenes until after a crime has occurred. More science, less sprinting, please.

Agreed again. I never really liked Natalia a whole lot to begin with, but she had her moments, and I more or less found her tolerable. Now her presence annoys me. That, and I giggle every time I see her take out her gun. :lol:

Nothing was ruined for me! Your list helped me pinpoint why I felt the urge to roll my eyes throughout the last 10 minutes. I found the whole drama at the last 10 minutes rather boring and unrealistic myself.

You, ma'am, are 100% correct. :)

I doubt Eric is the only member of the police department that is a certified scuba diver. I think it's more likely that we'll see him rushing to his side at the hospital. Except, considering how Horatio is superhuman and goes everywhere without backup and faces no consequences for police brutality, I'm half expecting the season premiere to begin with Horatio pulling the bullet out with his bare hands, running and diving into the water, saving Natalia, then punching the EMT who dares to ask to take a look at the wound. :lol:

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Great finale, so intense this warped character Toler so crazy, no morals no anything. The whole team were awesome. Horatio, so smart and always has the edge. Natalia awesome as always. The counterfeit $$$ and the uncercover agent, finally coping who she was. The poor kidnap victim, the guy who lost his kids, although Natalia tried her best to defend him. And the brutal ending, OMG, how can someone survive locked in the trunk of a car, underwater:eek: Is Eva LaRue going to be back next season? RIVETING:thumbsup:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

She didn't look orange at all on my screen. But then again I have an old GE tv set (in the bedroom) lol.