Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Northern Ireland is in the UK, the Republic of Ireland isn't. But they did show the same ep in the UK today as they did in Ireland, anyway. We start the season later but don't have gaps so by the final episode we're only a week or two behind :)

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Okay...I was just trying to look back over the past several pages here but perhaps someone can answer this quicker. Did they say that there was going to be a cliffhanger this finale? Or was it just we were all going to be overly 'shocked' and 'surprised'?

3. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I don't think I've read anything about a cliffhanger but I imagine there's one ;) I just hope it's better than the last two

My guesses for the cliffhanger is Ray's fate about his job or Sqweegel returns

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

From the TV Guide issue April 4-10, Melinda Clarke is featured talking about "Unleashed", and stated in part The case leads Langston [LF] to intimate conversations with Dr. Kessler that , explains Clarke "set up alot for Laurence's character and the SEASON ENDER, IT'S REALLY BIG"! So she knows, they all know but we don't. They've finished season 11, so we just have to wait and see. But no cliffhanger to my knowledge. I have a gut feeling that he's done, LF that is, but I've been wrong before, and I also read on another site that he was in nogtiagations with the writers about signing up for next season. Wonder if it's hard for them to keep such huge secrets?

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Oh, ok, didn't realize it was a foreign viewer. I was like "what is this, Buffy?" for a moment there LOL. (Although I have ideas for crossing CSI with Highlander which would mean immortal characters)

I hope it's not a huge cliff, I've taken to skipping the finales so I'm not left hanging all summer lol

Edit: That sounds better. YOu posted just before me LOL

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

It's interesting though, that it's been mentioned before about Sqweegel returning, yet we've heard nothing really hinting toward it. Well at least, I haven't. Perhaps I misread some time back and what they really meant was that it was possible that Sqweegel would return.

I am not a HUGE fan of cliffhangers either, but I don't mind them...when they are good. Plus it leads to great conversation over the summer months. I just find that when CSI has done it in the past, it was either weak, or ruined when word came out about so-in-so re-signing etc. Kinda takes away from the whole effect.

:lol: I know I would have a hard time keeping them, but then, if I was under contract like so many of them are, I'd say it would be a stipulation within the agreement....not to speak of it.

7. Desertwind

OH, I'm sure they've got an agreement, or else:alienblush: but how about the people they live with? They probably know too, so if they get in a fight or argument, they could threaten "I'm going to tell everything":eek:hopefully they've also agreed not to spill any secrets:confused:And on SQWEEGEL maybe the writers shelved it till a later time~

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Another bit about the finale from tvguide.com (a preemptive apology if it's been posted already):

9. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Maybe the finale goes something like this: Ray kills Haskell, is investigated but cleared but warned "the next perp you shoot, you're out of here." We see Ray sitting alone, deciding whether to go or stay with the team. Then in the last couple of minutes, we cut to Sqweegal(sp?) going after his next victim.

10. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really think we won't see Sqweegal until next year again. I think this year's cliffhanger will be Ray's position at CSI...will he still have a job or not.

11. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I get the feeling that both Marg & Laurence will leave in the same in storyline, maybe CSI is held accountable for not taking Langston off the case and Catherine resigns to save her team from the embarrassment, Marg has confirmed that Billy will return for a few episodes next season for her exit, maybe he gives her advice on what to do, or fills in as Supervisor for a few episodes until a replacement for Catherine is found.

Either way, I think Ray & Cath are both going to be forced out because of the "Raskell" fiasco.

12. Desertwind

It's hard to believe that CBS would nuke two characters in the same episode, beings Marg is leaving. I don't or can't imagine them getting rid of Ray as well. And it's not the Raskell fiasco, it's a team effort, Brass was up in Reno also testifying about Haskell, and they have all been deeply involved in getting this freak-show, off the streets, not just Ray all of them. A fan on another site heard that LF is in negotiations with TPTB, so if they offer him the big buckos, he will return for S/12. If say this is the case, who would replace both of them? Two more characters that fans would see and how would they be recieved?

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Interesting idea, I can kinda see that happening

Well if they both leave it won't be quite at the same time, it will probably be like with Gary and Billy, one leaves and then so many episodes later the other will

Some have suspected and so do I that Ecklie's daughter Morgan will be the new female lead, she's going to be in the LA ep and is supposed to be back for some spisodes in the fall and George I think he could lead if given the chance

Ray's the one that's really been involved with Haskell, and then some for Catherine, Brass, and Grissom

Nick, Sara, Greg, Hodges or anyone else really haven't

14. Desertwind

Nick, Sara and Greg have been totally involved. Sara gave Ray some "pearls of wisdom" by the lockers, in "Better Off Dead" "don't let him get into your head". And Nick consistently helping Ray & giving him good solid advice In "Dr. Who" going to his house. "were a team" when talking to him about Haskell. And Greg & Hodges running the DNA, on his victims that's involved, they've all got a good reason to get this guy, not just Ray, that's how I've percieved it since this has been on-going. That's the part that is so great on CSI, how the whole team backs Ray up and is passionately concerned about his well being and catching this low-life creep:klingon:

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

But that's not "being involved" to the extent of being reprimanded for whatever happens. Catherine could be one of those along with Ray who takes the fall. I would hate to see that tho, especially given Brass' anger about Haskell being let out by her to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.