Grade 'Food For Thought'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Apr 8, 2011.

?

How would you grade Food For Thought?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. C-

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Mac said that he didn't have enough in his system to warrant being fired. Apparently there's a limit like there is on an alcohol test or something.

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Everyone at the lab, including Mac himself, could've or should've been fired at least once during the life of the series. :p

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If I walked by someone smoking weed and the wind blew the smoke in my face, I would hope I wouldn't lose my job over it. There's doing drugs and then there's being in the wrong place at the wrong time (or perhaps I should say breathing in the wrong place at the wrong time). We don't have any evidence to suggest that Hawkes smoked or sat there while Camille smoked, so I'm going to assume that he was telling the truth when he said walking into the room at the party was the extent of it.

4. TheDefence

TheDefence Victim

NY is frankly becoming a waste of time.

I have one major issue with Mac, and Horatio to a lesser extent. I may be wrong about this, but since Season 2 I cannot recall Mac doing a single lab scene and its driving me crazy. I understand that Mac is a detective and he needs to go into cop mode sometimes, but this is ridiculous. please correct me if I'm wrong.

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm not absolutely certain, but it looked like there were rolling papers or other doob paraphernalia on the nightstand, so I do think Camille got her dope on, and that Hawkes was there.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep you're right about the nightstand. I went back and paused it and there's a joint right on top of it with a burnt end. Wish I could create a still but don't know how to :p. I too think he was there while she had her "fun".

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hmm, you're right. I didn't notice that when I watched the episode. :/

[​IMG]

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yeah i wished they hadn't tainted Hawkes with the whole pot thing. I can understand the "breathing in at the wrong time" but not sticking around when you know someone it smoking pot.

9. CSINYADDICT99

CSINYADDICT99 Hit and Run

well i am finally back from holiday so i can give my comments.

B

Good points-
    -mac and adam/mac and sid
    -plot line a really good case
    -flack scenes - 'on second thoughts, i'm not hungry'
    -mac's talk with sheldon
    -danny's slow turn around 'i'm not pregnant, just hungy'

Bad points
    -contiunity - i thought camille was a good caring nurse who was thoughtful but now she is getting hawkes into all sorts of trouble
    -hawkes - he really should know better, i think the pretending to be sick for a day to get of was fine, i'm sure most of them except mac has once or twice before. and i also agree that this might have been better suited for adam as him seems more the sort of person who would miss a day and hang out with the wrong crowd before a drug test.

all in all not a terrible ep but could have been better. i'm looking forward to the next one
    :)

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i still think he did it himself. not that it really matters i suppose. i just thought her little spiel about not always going by rules made him go "oh well sod it" - and smoking one/half a joint wouldn't put you over the limit i don't think.

11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

i agree with you, but for kind of the opposite reason. It's not that half a joint wouldn't put you over the limit, but that poking your head for a brief moment into a room where people were smoking wouldn't even give you enough to register on a drug test. Otherwise i'dve been screwed several times already. We can't control where we get sent on calls, and believe me, there have been times where i've gotten far more secondhand exposure than that "oh crap" whiff Hawkes got. The only reason he would have gotten as nervous as he did when they came for the random drug test would be if he had actually smoked.

12. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yeah his reaction told it all. I really wish they hadn't gone that route with him but whatever.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

exactly - i've gotten high off secondary exposure only once in my entire life and i had quite a few rock'n'roll years for a while there. it was at a festival, in the dance tent, which was closed up due to rain, and omg, you literally couldn't see more than about 1-2 feet ahead of you. it was fun :D

but yeah, the point is it's very hard indeed to take weed on board with secondary exposure, and even then it'll be in minimal amounts (it probably helped that by the time i got into that tent i was pretty wasted already) - i'm sure he would've just done it, even half a joint might get enough into your system, but 2nd hand? no.

14. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That was my favorite episode from this season.
    The case was awesome and I loved the fact that Hawkes was centered in this one and also getting a girlfriend....A+.