Grade 'Food For Thought'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Apr 8, 2011.

?

How would you grade Food For Thought?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. C-

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Fill your appetite with a brand new episode tonight! Give it a watch and let us know what you thought. :cool:

(See what I did there? ;))

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why are they writing Hawkes' girlfriend as the type that could potentially get him in trouble? He works for Law Enforcement and she's trying to talk him into smoking weed! And it just so happens that he's selected for a drug test in the same day or the next day as it were. Thankfully it was just a second hand exposure, but even still... this girl is gonna end up getting him into trouble one of these days.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

B.

I'm torn*. I really enjoyed the case of the week, but the Hawkes stuff really let me down. The guy finally gets a girlfriend, something fans have been wanting for quite some time, and they dumb him down in the process? Why can't he be in a relationship that's jolly good fun and still remain the intelligent CSI that he is? Bad move on the writers. :rolleyes: Hawkes: that girl is tro-uh-ble. Don't let her send your career down the potty hole!

I figured he didn't smoke the marijuana and instead was just exposed to it secondhand like what happened to Calleigh on CSI: Miami. Still, it just goes to show that this girl is bad news. And speaking of bad, what the actual nucking futs was that ending scene? :lol: If NY is having a problem this season, it's that the ending scenes are so cheesy!

Like I said, the case was the best part of the episode. Sure, it was another guy getting killed for doing something *wrong*, but it was an interesting and engaging storyline that had equal screentime for everybody. No complaints there.

Obligatory: Jo. :adore:

*Does that mean I owe you a dime, Top41? ;)

4. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I agree with most of this. I wanted Hawkes to have a woman but she is bad news. Kinda bummed me out. Also throwing off that if someone doesn't smoke pot then they are abnormal. It is a bad message to show.The crime was interesting.

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

In brief: Screw you, CSI:NY. I might have more to say when I can stop gnashing my teeth and banging on my keyboard like a PCP-crazed chimpanzee.

6. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I wonder, why do you keep watching if you aren't happy with any of the eps? You've been disappointed constantly for a while now.

I think there's still a lot of good about the show, but although I haven't gotten a chance to watch the ep, I don't like the sound of the Hawkes storyline. It's not going to make fans happy to write a character so OOC.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

The episode was so good! Awesome! I knew 10 minutes into the episode that this would be a great one! I really like the case. It kept me interested the whole time. There were some funny moments from Sid and Adam. :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with Hawkes story line. I enjoyed it so much. Like what he said to Mac, he wants to live his life. And it happens that Camille makes her happy. And come on, Hawkes is not a saint neither is Camille. She was just curious about the weed though. I don't think she would be a bad influence to Hawkes. For me, the last scene is some kind of a sign that Camille apologized for what she'd done and Hawkes accepted her.

One of my favorites. I can't believe this show might be in danger of not coming back.

A+

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Everyone is entitled to watch the show if they so choose. It's also their right to critique an episode with their likes and dislikes. Let's try not to stifle their comments. Thanks.

Because sex always makes things better. :lol: :rolleyes:

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Look what it did for Danny and Lindsay . . . oh, wait. Nevermind.

10. MacsGirlMel

Yeah, I know. It's just odd to think of someone keeping on watching if they don't like most of the eps, that's all. I don't want to block anyone's opinion though or say they can't have it.

I'll just have to hope they don't make things too bad with Hawkes...it's good she apologized though. Camille that is. I just hope he watches himself.

And that does seem to be TV's opinion all over now LOL...they try to put sex in everything.

Hotel Hyperion, I love it! Angel for the win!

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was a happiness requirement for being allowed to watch the show. I watch because I'm invested in the characters. I like them as imaginary people even if I despise the lackluster, slipshod writing that routinely distorts them to suit its half-assed ends. I watch because I like Flack, and I will watch until he goes toes and tits up or until the show ends, whichever comes first.

I don't think Camille was apologizing at all. Once again, she was oblivious to the fact that Sheldon was in no shape to entertain her and was only interested in playing bedroom racquetball. I'm all for enjoying your life and broadening your horizons, and God bless Hawkes for trying to have a life beyond work and not end up like Mac, who can't see past his badge, but keeping your criminalist boyfriend up at all hours and suggesting he experiment with drugs--even if it was "just pot"--is selfish and irresponsible. I foresee a morass of terrible consequences from this relationship, and it's a shame because it started so well and I was eager to see how the brilliant, affable doctor handled affairs of the heart. Seeing him morph into a lovelorn dupe who blows off his responsibilities and flirts with drugs because a lovely bit of idiotic crumpet says he ought was infuriating and disappointing, and I refuse to believe that he would behave that way.

12. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

waoohh is it the same Hawkes who gave lessons to Danny for being sick in "the party's over" ???? at least Danny had a good reason, he was not walking around with his girl friend !!!! why do I think it's just the beginning of his trouble :confused:

13. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I thought it was pretty good. Finally an original story line that had me hooked. Also I would like to know; when did they change the opening credits. I know I have hit and missed some episodes.

14. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I totally agree with this. I mean, she knew what she was doing. Plus Hawkes looked like Hell and she still wanted to have some "bedroom racquetball" (nice line btw). Idk I just don't like that storyline at all. I would see it more for Adam, since he is kind of goofy by nature, but not Hawkes.

15. MacsGirlMel

*nod* I don't really like the storyline either. I hope he wakes up before it's too late, and I really don't like it all the way around. It just didn't seem like him.

And I'm not saying we have to be happy with every ep, nobody's like that. CSI original's the same way, especially with Langston on there now. Thank goodness NY isn't getting an exodus of cast members yet, aside from Stella. I just wish the writers would listen to what we say and improve the writing, then we wouldn't have as many complaints. Or they could at least be consistent about the characters more than they are.

Mac's had a social life, just not in the past couple of seasons. I hated that when he did, she left him in a letter. Peyton was stupid for that. I think Mac just buries himself in his work to forget his troubles, and it's hard to draw him out of his bubble. It started when Claire died, and it may never stop :( I'd like another GF for him but I have mixed feelings about it being anyone on the team; I think Mac would say it was a integrity thing.