Grade 'Food For Thought'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Apr 8, 2011.

?

How would you grade Food For Thought?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. B+

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. C-

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  10. D+

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

F
    I love this episode. Sheldon is alive when he is with Camille. That being said she seems like a bad influence on him from what I've seen so far.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Maybe we'll see more of her on season 8. For now, I think she's too driven by the life-is-short live-life-to-the-fullest sayings. I'm not saying it's an excuse to use weed though. I think there's goodness in her. She initiated an investigation to stop a clinic from selling fake meds to dying patients. She's naughty and playful I guess. I'm glad she's not a cookie-cutter saint girlfriend!

3. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

I gave it a C. I think Camille is trouble! Nice plot, though. Flack used to be so hot....:::sigh:::

4. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

He's still hot to me. Mmmm. I do miss the suits, though. I'm guessing wardrobe got its budget cut...

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Mac or Jo need to talk to Camille and point out how she's handling her relationship with Hawkes all wrong. I don't think Camille would listen to Hawkes because when she looks at him, she appears to only think of one thing LOL.

6. spunky86

spunky86 Hit and Run

W
    I believe she has a good heart and she cares for Sheldon it just seems like she is trying to relive her youth and can not see how her actions could affect him.

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

That's the way I saw it. Camille is definitely being written as a femme fatale type, and bad news for Sheldon. It's too bad, because he strikes me as being smarter than that. But then, all too often, people who are normally rational, intelligent human beings can get caught up in irrational emotions, and it seems that's how this relationship is being written.

8. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

A - It would've been an A+ but the dumbing down of Dr. Hawkes was painful to watch, he never really had much development personally but at least he always did his job, was professional and had good working relationships with his colleagues, if they ruin it with this girl-friend he, and CSI:NY, may as-well hang up their badges.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

:lol:

YES!!!!!!!!!

as for the ep... er, again i can hardly remember the case. i do remember liking the bit where all the crockery fell on mac & flack, must've been fun to film.

i liked that there were mac/adam and mac/sid comedy double act moments.

what i didn't like was hawkes. i know some people here think mac is sanctimonious but he's sid bloody vicious compared to damn hawkes. god, man, be a life coach and get it out of your stupid system. he even makes his little rebellious forays into bloody lectures.

what baffled me entirely was that they managed to find someone even more annoying than him for him to be going out with. i had no idea such a thing was possible.

as for the drug issue, obviously as cops they're not supposed to (but let's face it most cops either do drugs or assist with dealing them) but bloody hell people, it was WEED, they didn't suddenly turn hawkes into a crack addled rent boy. the reaction in some quarters, along the "omgzzz he'sdoing druuuuuugs and druuuuugs are bad mkaaaay???" lines just baffled me. weed is verifiably less dangerous than both alcohol and tobacco. it's not really a big deal. most people do it, or at least tolerate it. sure he probably shouldn't in his job but i think most cop drugs testers would notice that a small level of THC in the blood was hardly the sign of a seasoned addict. as mac said it wasn't fire-able. oh, and just for the record, i think he did do it, i don't think it was 2nd hand.

basically the whole ep had me rolling my eyes a lot. er, B- i guess, just because once again the case has totally gone from my head. if they do get a season 8 (and at the moment i sincerely hope not) then the writers have GOT to sort this out, they're doing a horrible job and it's a total waste of time, actors, energy and money.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't think it's right to say 'most' cops do drugs or are involved with them. Some are, but not 'most'.

I just don't think it's in keeping with Hawkes' character, personally.

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

If he did try it, then we can add lying to his list of stupid decisions. I think that he was simply there while Camille got her toke on, and no, I don't want to consider the implications of Camille, a nurse, burning a spliff, especially if she had to work that day. What she does on her off time is her business, but no one should be at work under the influence of drugs, even if it is "just weed."

Speaking of, isn't Camille supposed to be an awesome and dedicated nurse at an oncology clinic? Where does she find all this free time in which to stay up all night, get her dumbass on, and turn up to her lover's apartment in nothing but her horny suit?

12. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I agree. the thing is, there are some departments where there is a much higher percentage of dirty cops, giving a false overall impression. You'll always find some, in large cities particularly, which deal with drugs, but no, not most.

and i have ZERO sympathy for that whiney "I can't do what i want, waaaaah!!!!" line from Hawkes at the end! it actually made me livid and swear quite loudly at the tv! :scream: See, i work in that environment. I'm a street medic and an Army combat medic, both jobs having a zero tolerance policy. In fact, i was shocked that any trace amount was allowed! although that could be because hawkes isn't actually a detective or officer per se, but i still would've expected the NYPD to have an across-the-board zero tolerance policy on drugs... :p Mac was right (although the 'uphold your oath' line was :rolleyes:). If he doesn't like a "life style" impingement, go do something else! Such policies come with territory, and it's hardly a secret! *fume*

As for the ep as a whole, meh. It was nice to see Mac actually working the scene at the beginning, instead of taking just a 'boss' role as they've had him do a maddening amount the last couple years. The Sid/Mac computer conference was hilarious! :lol: And Adam, Jo and Flack were brilliant as usual! (although the writers gave Jo several dubious lines this time... :rolleyes:)

Lindsey managed to not irritate me until Danny brought her food, which is a shocking improvement over the norm of instantaneous :eek: although it could possibly have been due to the fact that i LOVED that leather jacket she wore at the beginning, and was half distracted by wanting to swipe it :lol:

The case? well, it was nothing spectacular. In large part because the writing sucked the big one!!! i mean, not that it's ever really spectacular, but it was pure awful this week...! the puns, the one-liners, the over-the-top sanctimoniousnessness, and i think the cast as a whole gave up trying to salvage any scraps of it. Across the board, i felt as if i could see them rolling their eyes at the script and the lines they had to deliver.

So basically it mostly sucked. Except for a couple brief snippets of comic relief from our faithful few (Mac, Jo, Sid, Adam, Flack), and rather hot Mac at the crime scene ( ;) ), it was painful to watch....

C-

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'll join you in smacking Hawkes LOL

And yes, sadly, some departments are like that.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I liked this ep. the food court, and the explosion, and Sheldon, you little devil. :devil:He is certainly smitten with the girl. But I was a bit shocked to see he fell for the weed part. And was late to work because of it. So the explosion was out of jealousy the other guy was dealing drugs and putting his dad out of business. The severe talk with Mac and Sheldon, he was strict but right on target [ he could have fired him cause his drug test came back positive, but didn't. Good boss:bolian:

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Mac fired Aiden Burn back in season 2 because he wouldn't have somebody working in his lab who could compromise the integrity of it... but yet he continues to let Sheldon work there after he's popped positive on a drugs test. Mac needs to make his mind up, if he wouldn't have fired Aiden she wouldn't have been murdered...