Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohaustin

mohaustin Victim

now csi shows stinks because of lack of couples

2. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Hello everyone! I guess I've simmer down quite a bit already and Kala, that Adam Q&A with ARC really helped a lot. At least, we are right in assuming that the reason they've put the romance on hold is because of Emily's pregnancy although I still feel that they could have taken a different approach to the whole situation. I think we hiphuggers expected that once Emily is back post partum then EC would also resume but I guess the showrunners loves to test our patience a little bit more. What bothers me a lot though is when Adam said that maybe people have gotten over the whole EC romance storyline. Are the showrunners or even the cast oblivious to what the fans want? Have they not been reading the feedbacks? Have they forgotten the EC fans uproar and rage over the infamous 9.02 "ILY like family" scene?

Sometimes I wanna hit myself in the head for being so obsessed with this couple. It is so frustrating at times. I really hope that they'd throw us a bone or at least a teaser before the season finale to get us through the loooonnnng summer. Anyway, hiphuggers, the only thing we can do right now is let our voices be heard. TPTB and the writers will be brainstorming over the summer for next seasons storylines so we will let them know that we are not happy with how they are dragging this storyline and once and for all give us the whole EC ride. Once they`ve given us that elusive happy ending then let them live happily ever after- no more drama. I`d then be a happy camper and H and the rest of the cast can take the show.

Please sign this petition if you have not sign it yet.
    http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/savecalleigheric

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

My partner in crime has spoken. I haven´t watched in a year allmost. I don´t have any regrets due to the reasons listed above.The numbers in main forum still speaks volumes IMO the show still is 3and in shipper central we are still huge. I haven´t looked at ratings as I really don´t care anymore.:rolleyes: In my country we are at the Vartann/Willows moving epi. and that had me thinking as Marg is leaving - I guess we only get some canon when one of the actors is leaving. What I don´t like about Miami writers is that they haven´t left themself a loop hole as in the 2 still feeling something that might happen again but really really put it all on the backburner and turned off the heat aka like family :(
    :(. So I do hope that next year will bring some EC back but I am NOT watching untill.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I hope they're in this together tonight as well, it's time. The fans who love this couple together are patiently waiting to see them interact with one another, somehow some way. I hope it happens soon[​IMG]

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I think they will be interacting until the rest of the season but it's not enough for me to watch. In fact, it's even painful to watch that they behave like nothing ever happened, like they had no history as a couple together :( After Adam's interview I've lost all the hope, I don't even come here too often :(

6. Desertwind

Sorry, what interview? Did he say nothing would happen between them? Please say this isn't so:(

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I was referring to the earlier Adam's interview with TV Guide http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/csi-mi...iter-director/

and also few other interviews promoting Adam's episode, stating the same about EC basically :(

8. Desertwind

Thank's kala I didn't see this before, but after reading it, he really is "iffy" about the whole romantic thing. I can't believe they'd end this, the have such strong chemistry.[​IMG] He seemed to go in the direction of it going to full fruition, and talking abot S/10, but it's on March so nothing this season. crap:klingon: And last night Calleigh was in it briefly, towards the end:confused:

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I didn't catch last night's episode (figured there would be no good E/C moments or a sudden increase in Calleigh time; plus, the season finale of Detroit 1-8-7 was on at the same time, so I went with that and certainly didn't regret it). However, from the past two episodes and what I've read about "Special Delivery", I'm really disappointed that Calleigh's screen time hasn't returned to the pre-pregnancy amount. I really hope it's not the writers just ignoring her, and instead was a request from Emily because she's got a newborn to take care of who takes priority. Calleigh is such a pivotal character in the series, and while it's perfectly fine to allow other characters their chance to shine (even if I personally don't like those characters as much, they still deserve decent screen time and interesting stories), she shouldn't be shoved into the background in order to make room for the others. It's quite possible to have an episode more heavily centered on Ryan or Natalia or Frank, but it shouldn't be at the cost of other characters. It's reasonable for a single-character-centric episode to cut down a little on screen time for all other characters, but it should be a relatively equal thing. To use a made-up example, it shouldn't be more time for Ryan, the same amount for Natalia/Frank/Eric/Walter/Horatio, and much less time for Calleigh. Unless in this hypothetical episode, Ryan's interaction/connection with one particular character is significant to the story, the formula should be more like increased time for Ryan, and slightly decreased time for Natalia/Calleigh/Eric/Frank/Walter/Horatio.

In addition, I am also disappointed that the writers seem to have no clue what they're going to do about the E/C relationship. Starting something without having some sort of plan for it in the future is poor writing. Granted, they don't have to have a set timeline or detailed plan for the entire future, but they should have some idea of where they want to take it or what they'd like to experiment with.

I wish we knew for sure whether or not the writers plan on giving Eric/Calleigh another go. As disappointed as I'd be if they were saying "No, we've explored it, but now it's done," I'd rather know for sure than waste my time watching the show hoping for something that's never going to happen.

10. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

See, I think the writers probably did know exactly what they wanted to do with Eric and Calleigh. I think that's why there was so much build-up toward this relationship, instead of just plucking it out of the blue. I feel like they did have specific plans back in say, season 5/6, when they started pushing toward EC in earnest, or else why would they bother spending so much time on one storyline? We've never known the Miami writers to have a penchant for continuity, sad as that is, lol. (Well, except for when it comes to bringing back storylines that were dead five years ago...:rolleyes:) Susie and Madison were dropped without another thought. Jake conveniently disappeared. Yelina...who really knows. The Eric and Calleigh story is one they held onto, though.

I think the problem is that while they knew exactly where they wanted to take EC, they didn't know what to do with them once the obstacles of seasons 8/9 hit. Adam's contract issues, relegating him to a recurring role in S8, and Emily's pregnancy, sticking her behind a desk for the majority of S9. I think both of these put a major kink in the writers' plans for them...but that's where I stop defending them, lol. Because they should have been able to write around that. These aren't amateur writers; it shouldn't have been "uh oh, EP is pregnant, that kills EC because we can't use Calleigh." They tried in S8 and we got beauties like ITW, but I think they just flat-out gave up for S9. :( I've always kind of gotten the impression that the writers were hit out of the blue with Adam's contract thing last season, and had to come up with some changes really quickly. And maybe their way of dealing with a similar issue this season was to just drop it completely. And who knows; maybe they do plan to bring it back into focus for S10, barring any more complications, or maybe they think that, since they've let it go for now, it's time to let it go for good. Still can't say either way.

But seriously though, is it that hard to keep EC in a happy, committed relationship when Emily's stuck behind a table? Is Calleigh's lower half really that integral to our believing that EC are together, lol? I mean, come on. And if throwing EC into the background was something that couldn't have been avoided, then fine, but they didn't need to break them up (without any explanation) to do it. A subtle touch, a glance, a smile, a kiss to the top of Calleigh's head as Eric leaves followed up by a knowing grin or two...really, that would not have overshadowed anything. And it would have been so damn simple to write, too.

I just don't get it. Sure, things have happened in the past two seasons that have complicated things as far as the writing goes. But I feel like these writers just made everything so much more complicated than it ever needed to be. And I hate that so much, because Eric and Calleigh had something good. :( It breaks my shipper heart that we may never see that again.

This so much. :\

11. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

@Jessica237
    I don't get it either. Why TPTB chose to not write in Emily's pregnancy still baffles me.It could have been easier but I guess TPTB wants to prolong the drama with this storyline as long as they can. There is no excuse to this huge blunder and they owe it to us loyal EC fans to correct this. I hope they redeem themselves in Season 10 because even with the odds we are facing now I still believe that they will give EC back to us.

Anyway, there's is a campaign to be launch in April to bring back EC and I really hope we all would work together in achieving this. Please check out the CBS EC thread for details.

Meantime, I made another EC video and appreciate if you could check it out and leave comments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA1E3fKDRe4&NR=1

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The sad thing is that we keep saying that the writers better make up for it next season and the seasons just keep on coming and going :shifty:. I know I've said this a thousand times before but what they did to the EC storyline is just poor writing. They are professional writers and I expect much more than the mess they delivered when a lot of us have come up with very simple scenarios that would've kept the relationship going in a subtle way and we are not professionals writing for a hit TV show. So I totally agree with Jessica's post. I expect them to fix this somehow not even because they owe it to fans, but because they should want to be better writers than that. If this is it for the relationship, this in-the-air-nobody-knows-what-happened ending, then that's just a very sad reality of the quality of these writers.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Finally that thread is becoming more alive! :) Excellent video, ec4evr, it perfectly sums up all the ups and downs in their relationship. It made me realise how much I miss my couple :( The problem is that no EC means no CSI Miami for me at all. And I agree with you all that CSIM writers are not the best, they are hardly capable in writing characters development and not capable at all to write a romance.:rolleyes:

14. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I agree with you guys about the quality of writers on CSIM. I wasn't for them writing the pregnancy into the show but if I knew this complete and total blunder of this relationship was what we were going to get, I definitely would have gotten used to baby Delko. But I think the thing that gets to me the most is what the writers did to their friendship. That is what has made this relationship work, they had such a strong friendship that was believable when it went to the next level. Now they don't even make eye contact. Terrible, just terrible!

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The thing is they don't even write them in scenes together anymore. Throughout all these episodes how many scenes have they shared? Two maybe three?? It's like they simply don't know what to do with them or how to write them together. Last scene they shared wasn't even written by the usual writers it was writen by Adam! They just need to come up with a solution, fix it, and stick to whatever they decide. But since we don't even know WHY they broke up (because they didn't tell us) then we can see how it would be difficult for them to write them together because they don't know how to present the status of their relationship to the public because we don't know how they got there in the first place. How they act around each other now is supposed to come from how and why their relationship ended. And I'm not talking about that "love you like family" crap that was written in episode 2. Am I supposed to just accept that now they'll have a brother/sister relationship because that's what they wrote without us knowing what happened? It's not even credible for a relationship so intimate like theirs to suddenly go to sibling status. The thing is that they don't know how to write them together because they never told us what happened between them. Well then they should fix that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.