Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

I am so excited for Adam's writing & directorial debut!
    I too won't be expecting a lot in the EC front. I remember it was Emily's first day back to work & the last day of taping of this episode. Having Eric grinning at Calleigh's remark is good enough for me. I'm just glad that at least Adam included an EC scene.
    :thumbsup:

2. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi all!

Just thought I'd pop in after a long hiatus to share a bit of "Eric/Calleigh" related news. Earlier today, I found out via Twitter that Adam Rodriguez will be doing an interview with Matt Mitovich of TVGuide with some inside scoop on CSIM, and in particular, Adam will specifically address Eric & Cal's relationship. :thumbsup: The interview is due out on Friday, according to Matt's Twitter feed. I'm sure that someone will post the direct link here when the time comes, but just in case, you can check the website, http://www.TVGuide.com, to see if the interview is posted there on Friday.

Perhaps I'm being overly-optimistic, but I think it's a good sign that Adam is slated to discuss Eric & Calleigh's relationship just days before "Hunting Ground," which contains the first real E/C scene that we've had this season since "Sudden Death." (Especially since -- based on the preview -- this long overdue scene between our couple looks like it'll be a smiley one ... YAY!! :adore:). If Adam were just going to say that the E/C romance was totally done (perish the thought!:eek:), he need not have waited until this particular time ... that sort of (sad) news could have been delivered anytime after "Sudden Death." So, while I don't expect the "Hiphugger Earth" to move this coming Sunday, I'm going to keep a positive outlook and assume that Adam's comments to Matt regarding E/C will be positive. :)

I'm really looking forward to reading the interview on Friday, and Sunday's eppy, of course! ;)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  3. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Thanks ....can't wait to read what adam has to say about c\e i hope its good news.... :)

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Honestly, I'm just glad that the two of them are getting a scene together and it's clear that Eric's grin is very large. It could be that his grin was only in response to something Calleigh said about the case, and not a flirty moment shared, but I wouldn't mind. At this point, we've been so starved of E/C interaction that I'll take what I can get.

And I can't wait for the TVGuide interview with Adam Rodriguez. I hope when it comes to the E/C relationship he has more to say than "I don't know what they're doing or what's going to happen!". Hopefully, he'll be able to hint that there's a couple-related scene in a future episode.

5. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thank you Delquesne for sharing it with us!!I can't wait till Friday, I'm getting a little hope as the interview about EC coincides(sp?) with Emily's return from maternity leave...so maybe there will be joy in hiphuggerland after all. And if it's a bad news, well, at least I know that I can move on from the show, because there will be nothing to keep me.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Exactly. If it's good news then :D. We can look forward to Calleigh being on full time and EC goodness. If it's bad news then I can say goodbye till something changes. I've been sticking around in the hopes that once Emily is back things change but if that's not going to be the case then the show holds no interest for me. I admit that the storylines are not interesting enough for me and neither are the other characters. Especially....

Since Meemo and Julia are the two worst storylines Miami ever did and they are both featured in this season :rolleyes::scream:. Ugh. I can't take Julia and Mala Noche without EC to make it tolerable.

Thank you Delquense. I'll be waiting anxiously :).

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

You guys are better than I am :lol:! I haven't watched the show since the second episode of the season.
    I like CSI-type shows, but got hooked on CSIM only because of EC. Like HH17 said, I really don't care for the other characters.
    I know that the majority here doesn't agree with me, and it's perfectly OK, but I actually wanted the pregnancy to be written in the show; it would've been much better than what we were (not) given this season.
    Some of you might be happy with only a scene of Cal and Eric together, but I want more :adore:. That's the least the writers can do after this season's big EC debacle :brickwall: :mad: :angryrazz: :censored:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Just heard Adam's interview... here's the link:

So it appears that there will be no resolution for EC this season. He sounds just as confused that things have been left up in the air like that and hopes that they can get to the heart of the matter one way or the other. Basically what we've been hoping for all along. The maybe good news is that it appears that now that he wrote an episode he can have say on future eps and could slip in a resolution for EC. That would probably be next season. So yeah, not good.

9. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

aaaghhhh:brickwall::( Thank you hiphugger17 for sharing it with us, oh, I'm not happy...:( maybe in 3 seasons or 4 we will get the resolution and that will be the tragic event in which someone dies ...:rolleyes:I don't like it at all. He wrote the episode so he must have got some directions from the showrunners regarding EC. I didn't hear the interview yet - have no occasion, just based on what you've written...In that case Adam's epi will be one of very few I will watch this season and definitely it will not be a season I will own on dvd(it's been boring like hell). Yes, I read in spoilers that H. will get yet another love interest...what for? :eek: Ugh, too bad I've invested so much in this on-screen romance, time to move on

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  10. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I just watch adam interview that was not the news I was hopeing for but I guess it was not bad news for e/c because he did not say it was over so I still have hope left I guess its just not going to happen this season may be next season but it still sucks but i just hope we get something befor the season is over

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi guys, here is the link to promised Adam's interview in TV Guide:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/csi-miami-adam-rodriguez-writer-director/

I am disappointed because they apparently like teasing us&don't give a damn. This was a very disrespectful way to end EC that way they did it. I love Adam though, he is a sweet guy, but unfortunately he doesn't know what will happen. The only good think is that he said he doesn't know anything about the cliffhanger, so maybe he didn't get the script for the last episode yet? Then there is still a chance.
    As for the 'there is always next season', not sure I will still be there next season, I'm getting more and more fed up with this jerking us around.

12. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Everyone listen up!

There'll be a talk show about CSI: Miami on Wed, March 16th (next week). It's called CSI MIAMI DIVAS N GENTS TALK SHOW

they talk about various topics about our fav show. Next week they'll focus on Emily's return for Adam's episode. Please don't miss it, it's from 9 to 10:30 pm. Plz come and chat with them, if alot of us come, then it'll be fun. There's quizes and stuff. Here's the link to listen and chat.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/csimiamidivasandgents/2011/03/17/csi-miami-divas-n-gents-talk-show

If you're following AnAward for Emily on facebook, plz attend!

13. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I don't know how I feel about all of this EC "news." On one hand, I love that interviewers keep asking about it, because at least that says that it hasn't been forgotten. And Adam would like to see resolution. On the other hand...that may mean nothing at all depending on what the writers want to do with the rest of this season and next season (assuming there is one).

I wish they would stop teasing and just tell us one way or the other - either "we do plan to look into it some more" or "no, it's done for good, we're beyond that, we're moving on." In the beginning, it was tolerable, but at this point, agreeing with you, kala, I just feel like we're being jerked around and that sucks. I'm still insulted by the implication that we were supposed to just let EC fizzle out without any explanation. I mean, come on, one ep has Eric carrying Calleigh from danger, terrified that he's going to lose her, then in the next episode they "love each other like family" and she's going to dinner with someone else? That still infuriates me. There was no explanation. And it's been what, 15 episodes or so since then? Ridiculous.

I don't care what show it is. If you build up a relationship for 3+ years, you don't just suddenly drop it without any explanation to the fans who have been following said relationship for all those years. It's insulting. :(

All that said, I'll definitely be tuning in tomorrow night to see what Adam gives us; definitely hoping for a little something on the EC front, even if just a short scene - hey, that'll be better than what we've gotten since the premiere. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that next season, now that Adam is back full-time, and Emily has had her baby, maybe EC will be revisited. I can hope, anyway.

14. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I hate to say it but I've long pulled the plug on Eric/Calleigh and share the same feeling that many of you E/C fans have. I mean, come on, it's been nine years, nine seasons already! Seeing this, not to mention a former SMacked (Mac/Stella) fan who had his TV-heart ripped out of his chest last year, I've pulled the plug on Eric/Calleigh as well.

I'm no longer invested in shipping any charachters in this franchise. To be honest, Eric and Calleigh now look more like separate continents separated by a wide ocean. Nine seasons and nine TV-watching years have been flushed down the toilet.

I'm with you Eric/Calleigh fans but I hate to say it but I'm pulling the plug on this pairing. It now only survives in Fanfiction these days. I'm just being careful these days so if either Adam or Emily leaves the show, or it ends, it does not leave me embittered and scarred, like the way I've felt since Kanakaredes abruptly left CSI:NY last year.

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Welcome Axatullux, it's nice to see you in this thread :) I know that Melina's exit must have been disappointing at least for all Smacked fans. However, they did there the same thing as with EC - were teasing viewers that something may happen, giving that little moments and then gave Mac a girlfriend. So in some way similar - gave you something to be happy about and took it away in the blink of an eye. You are right about not investing in any CSI couple, however GSR and DL indicate that there might be hapiness after all. Just not in Miami :rolleyes:
    And Jessica, it's nice to see you here after long time. I agree with every word you say. And love your fanfictions - waiting for the next chapter of 'On the outside' :)
    Jean10brook posted in Adam's episode thread a link for the interview with him - http://adamrodriguezconnection.com/#/interview2/4542856352
    Hope you don't mind I posted it here too Jean!(and please visit us sometimes :))
    There is a question about EC and it does explain something about why this scene ever happened, but not too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.