How Much is Gas Where You Live #2

Its actually $3.47 here....looked this morning on the way into work. It was much higher in LA then here! Still outrageous!

Its actually $3.47 here....looked this morning on the way into work. It was much higher in LA then here! Still outrageous!

Outrageous yes but it's still cheaper than our gas. Remember we're litres where you're American Gallons. Figure out the conversion and we're paying over $5.00 for an American Gallon of Gas :eek:

Here's the interesting thing. Gas here is like 3.87, give or take....or somewhere around there. But go next door to Indiana and it was 3.47 on Sunday. Illinois has outrageous sales tax. I bet a lot of people go over to IN 'cause it's so close.

Now for regular it's $4.19. and premimun is $4.39, OUCH, this is California, what's next $5.00 :scream:

For those in the Toronto area you better fill up on gas now. Prices are expected to rise $0.04.9/litre over night. There already about $1.24.9/litre now :eek:

Thought you guys might find the following interesting:

Asda sold 12.9p petrol by mistake in Bradford, England.
Asda has admitted drivers paid just 12.9p a litre for petrol after staff put a decimal point in the wrong place.

About 50 motorists stocked up on unleaded fuel at the petrol station in Rooley Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, on Thursday.

Drivers queued up to use the automatic card-payment pumps for about two hours until the mistake was spotted.

Some motorists also filled up petrol cans with the bargain fuel after word spread around the city.

An Asda spokesman said: "For a couple of hours some lucky customers got some petrol at the wrong price at our Rooley Lane store."

All I can say is those drivers were lucky ;).

Last edited:
As of right now, here in Newfoundland/Canada, our gas price in the city is $132.8 a litre. If there is that 5 cent jump overnight like Jacquie pointed out, it'll be $137.8 a litre. Correct me if I am wrong, for math is not my strong suit, but I believe a gallon is close on 4 litres (about 3.785...), so that would be edging us over the $5.00 a gallon mark, once the price hike takes effect. :eek: I know there are other places in the province already nearing the $1.50 mark before this latest price hike.

Prices all over is just plain out ridiculous. I can remember a few years back paying only $0.56 a litre. I want them days back. :(

Looks like the first time I posted here about a month and a half ago it was $3.19, and now it's $3.85 here in Bloomington, IN. Ugh.

Yes. Here in the states, they are measured in gallons. Near my house, it is $3.39 per gallon. Using the Online Conversion web site, 1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785411784 liter, and 1 US Dollar = 0.72610 Euro. So, that would make it .65€ per liter around here.

A few years ago, I put together a web page of gas price humor, but it just aint funny any more.
From $3.39 to $3.89 per gallon in EIGHT WEEKS! I gotta get a bicycle or get a job closer to home.

GASOLINE PRICES JUMP 19 CENTS

Camarillo, CA.

The average U.S. price for a gallon of gas has jumped 19 cents over the past 3 weeks. The Camarillo-based Lundberg Survey of fuel prices now puts the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.76. Analyst Trilby Lundberg said Sunday tha's 91 cents higher than the price last year at this time. The national average for a gallon of mid-grade is $3.90 and for preminum it's $4.01 a gallon. Tucson, AZ. had the nations lowest at $3.41. In San Francisco had the highest at $4.18. In California the lowest was $4.02 in Bakersfield~

News Services~

Last edited:
This morning ours here in Indiana was $3.85 and this afternoon it's $3.99...a jump of 14 cents in a few hours.

Haa, I bought diesel Honda yesterday. Filled tank with price 1.349€/litre Cheapest I could find. Seems that diesel is around 1.40 in most places. 95E10 seems to be around 1.60€/litre

And oh, we have big fuss about 95. It used to be 95E5 (5% ethanol) and now it's 95E10 (10% ethanol) and people are not happy about it. My bro who has regular car said he changed to 98 just because car consumed E10 much more than old E5 even 98 is more expensive than E10.

Now some gasstations stopped offereing 95E10 because people didn't buy it enough. And now some are saying if 95E10 doesn't sell well, they'll end up putting the needed bio-thingie to diesel, since it's not said where it has to be. Gasoline or diesel, it's just a certain % that they have to sell.
Oh how nice.

Haa, I bought diesel Honda yesterday. Filled tank with price 1.349€/litre Cheapest I could find. Seems that diesel is around 1.40 in most places. 95E10 seems to be around 1.60€/litre

And oh, we have big fuss about 95. It used to be 95E5 (5% ethanol) and now it's 95E10 (10% ethanol) and people are not happy about it. My bro who has regular car said he changed to 98 just because car consumed E10 much more than old E5 even 98 is more expensive than E10.

Now some gasstations stopped offereing 95E10 because people didn't buy it enough. And now some are saying if 95E10 doesn't sell well, they'll end up putting the needed bio-thingie to diesel, since it's not said where it has to be. Gasoline or diesel, it's just a certain % that they have to sell.
Oh how nice.

Back