How Much is Gas Where You Live #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Instead of restarting the old thread that's been dormant now for 2 years, I thought I'd start a new thread. Please remember to comment on what's going on rather than just putting the price of the gas.

It seems with all the crisis going on in the oil producing countries we seem to be in for a rocky spring with escalating oil prices :eek:

Yesterday's gas price here was $1.17/litre. It was suppose to go up $0.04 a litre over night :wtf: The one thing I find interesting here is I believe we don't get any oil from Libya so why the jump in our prices you ask. Price gouging Oil Companies is the answer :brickwall:

2. cathwillows

cathwillows CSI Level Three

The gas prices here in Germany went up to at least 1,51€ per liter which is about $2,08! And they are supposed to keep going up. Even the free gas stations' prices are that high...I can still remember when gas was way cheaper.

3. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

2 days ago it was $3.17 when I needed to get some gas. I am sure its higher today.

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here in Bloomington, IN the other day it was $3.19 and now it is $3.36.

5. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Last week, I was getting some food for lunch at small store around the block and I remember seeing the gas price was $3.19. Few days ago, I was there another day, and saw the price I was like what the heck it was $3.29

I gotta agree with Jacquie on Oil Company price gouging.

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Here in Appleton, WI, I'm seeing gas prices at around $3.29. Makes me so glad I don't drive. :)

Gas is expensive? Ride a bike!

7. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Same here with 95E10 (the regular one) 98E is still little more expensive.

Diesel has gone up to 1.30€/litre and they are planning to make it costs as mch as gas. Which annoyes me, because if you own dieselcar, you have to pay an extra tax (which kind of means, that you have to drive enough with diesel to make it cheaper than gas using car)

I was wondering if those 3$ prices were per gallon?

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Yes. Here in the states, they are measured in gallons. Near my house, it is $3.39 per gallon. Using the Online Conversion web site, 1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785411784 liter, and 1 US Dollar = 0.72610 Euro. So, that would make it .65€ per liter around here.

A few years ago, I put together a web page of gas price humor, but it just aint funny any more.

9. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Thought so - still thinking US prices are nothing compared to European prices :p

I wonder if it's because Americans like to drive cars that consume lots of gasoline - even I've heard hybrids are big in US, when in Europe diesel is the one for low consumption (I mean we have Honda CR-V 2.2 TDi and it's average consumption is about 6l/100km - compared to same car but gas that is about 9.1l/100km)

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

and in Canada here the prices are still more expensive than in the US :scream:

One thing here in Ontario or even just Canada for that fact, is the prices can vary from province to province and city to city. Montreal's price yesterday was $1.26/litre. It would be interesting to see what the prices in Alberta are :) Raynn, any comments on that :)

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

And now today it's up to $3.45. So that's up 27 cents in one day and then up another 9 cents two days later.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Out here in the Inland Empire, San Bernardino/Riverside area. I got it for $3.49 regular yesterday, it's been worse, and hope it will get better and lower. All the crap in the Middle East is making this happen:(

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Same here because the tax on gasoline varies from state to state.

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

*jumps in* :p

Here in Edmonton yesterday it was apparently around $1.10/L (depending on the area). I don't drive unless I absolutely have to, so I'm not worrying too much either way. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Yeah, I don't drive too much either, so I usually don't pay much attention to it. Apparently it's around $1.10/L here too.

I still remember years ago when I lived in Halifax, the local stations had a price war, and the prices were dropping about 10 cents a day. :lol: Nowadays, they just all match each other, so there's little competition bringing the prices back down (and lots of excuses to raise them :rolleyes:).