How Much is Gas Where You Live #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Gas here at the moment is $1.28.5/liter. We had it as high as $1.41/liter last week :eek:

2. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

every time i fill up, gas prices go down where i live. like right now, i'm at 1/2 a tank, so gas is $4.09 (with a car wash) at my favorite station. but as soon as the needle dips down to the 1/4 line, gas prices will literally overnight jump 10 cents. like i'll be driving home above the 1/4 line, gas is $4.06 (with a wash). driving to work THE NEXT DAY and i dip under the 1/4 line, BAM!! gas is $4.19 with a wash, nearly $4.30 without. i swear, this happens every time. EVERY SINGLE TIME!! :scream:

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh diesel has come down by few cents, around 1.36€/litre at least in this area. I guess 95 is somewhere around 1.52€/litre

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

GAS DIPS 17 CENTS IN 3 WEEKS:bolian:

The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has dropped about 17 cents over the past three weeks. The Camarillo-based Lundberg Survey of fuel prices puts the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.74. Analyst Triby Lundberg said Sunday that the national average for a gallon of mid-grade is $3.89. For preminum it's $4.00 a gallon. Lundberg says diesel prices fell about 10 cents a gallon over the past two weeks, to $4.05

PE.com

5. Desertwind

GAS PRICES FINALLY FALLING FAST

The cost per gallon has dropped 38 cents and could drop another 25 cents

A summer road trip may not be such a bad idea after all. Gasoline prices are falling fast. In the past 7 weeks, the average U.S. retail prices have dropped 38 cents to about $3.60 per gallon. Another 25-cent drop is expected by mid-July:bolian: Economists say falling prices will benefit consumers by leaving money in their wallets, and making them feel freer to spend on travel, shopping and dinind. For the first 5 months of the year, gasoline prices went in one direction UP. Growing economics, especially in ASIA, burned more gasoline, diesel and jet fuel. Turmoil in the Middle East, and North Africa prevented oil from reachig the market and scared oil traders into bidding prices higher. Energy economists and Wall Street investment bankers caution that oil is lkely to rise above $100 again this fall, particulary if oil producers struggle to meet rising global demand~

The Associated Press~

6. Desertwind

GAS DROPS TO $3.75 A GALLON IN THIS REGION

Drivers in Riverside and San Bernardino are paying 25 cents less than they were last month for a gallon of regular unleaded gas, according to the Automobile Club Of Southern California. But don't count on the prices falling for long. The average cost for gas in the Inland Empire on Thursday was $3.75, according to the weekly gas price index released by the Auto Club. Pump prices fell 4 cents in the past week, according to a news release. a weak dollar on foreign currency exchanges increased crude oil prices, which in turn will probably slow the drop in local gas costs, or potentially lead to increases, officials said. "Oil futures are traded in U.S. dollars, which means that when the dollar weakens, investors, including those holding those holding foreign currencies, get comparatively more oil for their money", said Auto Club spokesman Jeffery Spring, in a news release. "The makes crude oil a more attractive investment, which pressures prices upward. Today the price close to $100 a barrel"~

PE.com

7. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

At the moment, it's about £1.33 ($2.13) / litre, mostly because the UK likes to tax the hell out of everything. Mind you, it's not been as bad as a few weeks back I recall seeing it as high as £1.49 / litre which is really an absolute joke.

It's no cheaper using public transport either with rail prices rising by 13% as well. Blearrrrrgh! :scream:

8. Desertwind

GAS PRICES UP 9 CENTS IN 2 WEEKS.. here we go again:rolleyes:

Camarillo, CA. The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped nearly 9 cents in the past two weeks. The Camarillo-based Lundberg Survey of fuel prices, released Sunday, put the price of a gallon of gas [regular] at $3.70. Midgrade costs an average of $3.84 a gallon, and preminum was at $3.95. In California, the lowest average price was $3.69 in Fresno and in San Francisco the cost was $3.83~

News Services~