9x13 - 'Last Stand' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 18, 2011.

1. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Memmo was tricked (by Horatio of course :shifty:) that the leader whos name escapes me was still alive and hiding out on the boat. He sent a text to Memmo's cronies, and Memmo read their phone and decided to go over and finish the leader off.

Then met Horatio...and his foot ;)

Next weeks episode seems interesting, but I'm mainly watching for the promo of 9.15 at the end;) the spoilers I've read of that episode got me hyped! ;):drool::thumbsup:

2. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I know. My TV's fine. The saturation filters on Miami are the real problem. :)

3. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

One thing that really stood out for me in this episode, though I might be a little biased since she's my favorite character (although this might also explain why), But Natalia seems to be the only character with depth and a sense of real history/development. The lack of these qualities from the other characters detracts from this, and I wish that the writers put as much effort into developing them, as they have for Natalia (unless I am giving tptb too much credit here, and it's really Eva La Rue who brings these dynamics to Natalia.)

That being said, the episode held my attention, but it was an expected and typical episode. I liked the flashback to Marisol, but with an absence of history/continuity in previous seasons, these nods just feel forced this season .

not much else to say. I want to be more excited about the episodes coming up , but I have been too drained by previous let-downs.

-- Also I enjoyed Sgt Jennifer Swanson, did anyone noticed that she's been on the show once before, years ago?
    Her interactions with Natalia is what made me really stop to think about what I said above. I liked and disliked Natalia's naturalness with Sgt. Jennifer.... it gave the impression like they worked together all the time, yet we've never seen them together before, and without the power of IMDB, I wouldn't have known that Sgt. Jennifer had existed in the CSI world before.

I wouldn't mind seeing her more regularly, as long as it doesn't take away from our current characters.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Glad to know I wasn't the only one with sound issues. My sound kept going out (only for a second) throughout the whole episode. It was annoying, but not enough to make me miss anything.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Thanks for the information!!:thumbsup::)

Mine was only during this scene and sounded like static. Thought it was my TV for a second (checked other channels and they were fine) so it must have been the sound quality in the eppie. Always seems to happen at the most critical times:scream:

6. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Thankfully this was a good episode as the long absence almost killed my interest in the show.

One thing that I couldn't help but notice was the music track that played during Memmo's briefing to the Noche to Horatio and co's shootout with them sounded very similar to "Why So Serious?" from The Dark Knight soundtrack. It wasn't even a subtle resemblance but a close copy:shifty:

-I want to see Walter in "Technicolour" again :lol:
    -That lady Sgt wasn't bad. A million times over that "Way too happy" Lab tech from a couple of episodes back.
    -Ryan undercover was funny.
    -The part of Memo wearing a prosthetic mask reminded me of a recent news story where some dude put on an old man mask and boarded a plane. Wonder if they got the idea from that?

Rating 4/5

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

That's exactly what I thought of when they did the old man mask thing. So creepy. :wtf:

8. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I thought that whole shootout scene in the hotel reminded me big time of a Quentin Tarantino movie with Patricia Arquette and Christian Slater called True Romance from 1993..one second all calm in the room then shooting starts... Glad to see Hero H getting the little boy under the bed hoping not to get both shot..crazy scene for sure..

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Great episode, finally got to watch it last night. That Memo, what a evil freak:klingon:, the whole episode was riveting. The shootout, wow, I thought one of the CSI's would surely be shot, The kid Manuel was great, and how Horatio is so good and sweet to children. Eric, :p boy is he good-looking and Calleigh, beautiful as well as Natalia. The last scene on the boat, with Horatio playing cat and mouse with ths creep, [could he have any more tattoos?] I was going "No don't shoot him" it was touch and go, but Horatio knew he had to not do this. Good control:bolian:

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I wasnt sure I was going to like this one- anything to do with the Mala Noche usually is one of my least favourite episodes, but I didnt mind this one.
    I liked the ending. Although it was alittle strange, and seeing all that glistening water made me want to go to the coast, I was so glad that H didnt kill Memmo. Like some of you have said, I hope this is the start of H re-evaluating his behaviour, and less violence.
    Memmo's disguise was good. Eric chasing that guy, and H not being the one that stopped him surprised me. I was just waiting for him to pop out of nowhere.
    Ryan as tour guide was cute. Good to see more screentime for him.
    Eric and H rushing into Armando's office and doing the GSR test seemed overly aggressive, and I didnt see any evidence of a warrant. I was glad that kind of behaviour didnt run through the entire epi.

11. CsiMiamiFAN515

CsiMiamiFAN515 Victim

Is there gonna be a Calleigh and Eric scene in this episode? I thought there was suppose to be one soon. I think it's total crap we basically haven't gotten a EC scene this whole season. Cause that one in the second episode did NOT count.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Calleigh was only in one scene in this episode I think. It wasn't with Eric. Can't remember for sure who it was. I'm thinking either Walter or Ryan, but it was about some evidence early on in the case I believe. She was behind the desk in the lab the whole time, so she must have still been pregnant at the time the episode was taped.