"The Two Mrs. Grissoms" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

OK, won't it be via video cam? & you mean they dyed his white hair to dark again? and BTW what is CTV?

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

He'll be shown via Skype, which is a video conferencing program. Similar to "Leave Out All The Rest" from what I can tell. BillyJorjaMedia posted some screencaps from the promo shown last night.

CTV is a Canadian television affiliate that airs CSI.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's vegaslights, on the CTV. So he didn't come out to L.A to actually come on the set with the cast? I do know what Skype is, so it will be like when Sara/Jorja sent him the video cam?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

CBS has posted the clip that was on Ausiello's page; and, they posted Ausiello's article, 'Is Grissom Returning?', in the forum. Soooo, I think they are trying to promote it, without technically promoting it. :lol:

They also posted a slightly longer promo than the one that aired Thursday night. http://www.cbs.com/video/video.php?pid=uczW5JZrMdpdaGJoov3YSZ2q5Vnq7RL4

I did read that WP was in southern California recently promoting something with Friedkin, so he could have dropped by the studio to film this. I got the impression he kept his home in LA, so I assume he visits often.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  6. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I just saw that longer promo, I saw something at end of that promo, I keep playing it back to back for few seconds, I think that was Catherine walking to her office, and something explodes right in the path as she walks to it. I was like :eek: Anyway I'm loving the reactions between Marlee and Jorja's scenes. I'm looking so forward to it! As for the speculations on that ending promo I'm sure you guys may have theories about it? is it Catherine? or someone else?

7. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

I would have preferred this episode without Grissom. This is Sara's episode, not Grissom's. Sara is once again the strong, intelligent character she was at the start of the series. It seems every time she and Grissom interact, TPTB turn her into a dependent, sulky, angry little girl. The Sara we have now needs no help dealing with either Grissom's mom or Grissom's ex-girlfriend. I hope his appearance is minimal. Jorja Fox rarely gets to be the central player of an episode anymore. This should be her time, not WP's.

8. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I haven't been that excited for a CSI episode since season 9!!!!
    I hope it turns out to be a great episode...

9. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Looking at the promo i think it will be Marlee's character caught in the explosion at the end, it doesn't really make much sense for it to be Catherine. I think Marlee's character might be being targeted and that the scene we see in the promo is her faculty office at the college.

Also can i just say how great is Paul Guilfoyle that he can be the best thing a promo with just a seconds worth of clip.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Catherine in the promo, thought this would be one of the episodes she wouldn't be appearing in.

10. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

The whole CTV screwing up deal...I don't think they screwed up...screw ups are not intentional. I think it is intentional. I just can't see how CTV is able to make a promo without CBS seeing it first or if they (CBS and William Petersen) did not want it to be promoted, why wouldn't they tell CTV not to promote Grissom's return in the promo? That's just fishy. One would think that CBS would see CTV's promo before it came out, because regardless Canada sees the show the same time we do, and it is known that those videos go up on the internet for the world to see. So I think this was an intentional screw up made by CBS and CTV. There is no reason for CBS not to want Grissom's return to be promoted, outside the fact to respect Billy's wishes. But CBS knows that with the promotion of Grissom being on the show than people who don't watch anymore will watch just because its Grissom. I think that they knew what CTV was promoting, knew that is was going to hit the internet, and knew that the news of Grissom's return would spread...and then in the morning when questioned about it by people like Billy's people, CBS could act stupid and say "CTV (not us) screwed up". Because at the end of the day, its all about money.

11. byline

byline CSI Level One

You must've seen a different Sara than the one I saw in "For Warrick." I agree that I really like the way Sara is now, but I disagree with the premise that just because Grissom is around, she's suddenly going to revert back to the needy Sara we saw in Seasons 4-8. It's been clearly established that she's grown a lot since then.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

In the longer preview, what is Sara telling Nick at 1:10?

13. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I think that both Catherine and Sara are involved in either 2 separate explosions or the same one. In the extended preview, that's definitely Catherine walking into the room. But in the one that aired after Sqweegel (however you spell it) shows someone tackling Sara away from it (and I'm 90% sure that's Ray). So I'm guessing that Sara either tries to help Catherine and there is a second blast where Ray saves her or Sara is also there when the explosion occurs and Ray saves her.

Either way, my interest in this episode is now way up. I loved the scene with Sara complaining to Cath about Mrs. Grissom and she's laughing. For a second I thought Catherine was going to say "I never had a problem getting along with her." I would have died. :lol: And I admire the whole using a coffee mug to hide your facial expressions bit cause I do that everyday.

"Oh, this is awkward." I. Love. Brass. I think the only thing that makes that line better is that the interpreter translated it.

I think this has potential to be a really good episode. And I had very serious doubts when I heard the first spoilers, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

ETA: I read Sinclair's post that it could be Marlee's character, but IDK. The suit Marg is wearing in a lot of scenes is dark, and the one that Marlee is wearing is gray. The one in the end looks like the one Catherine is wearing. I didn't realize how much Marg and Marlee look alike. :lol: Either way, I'm still excited.

14. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

Because this episode has Grissom's mother and Grissom's ex-girlfriend, I think it's only right to have Grissom himself in the episode.

I'm very excited for GSR. I'm not ashamed to admit that's the only reason I'm tuning in. "We love each other, we're a family.." aahhh :adore: Hurry up Thursday!

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree with byline here, except that I think Sara acted much more mature starting in season 5. The only reasons she was 'sulky' after that had more to do with the horrors of the job, and the cases, and burnout, and nothing to do with Grissom. But, that's all for another thread. Suffice it to say she has been much more calm and collected and in control since returning last season.
    And, I think this episode will be more about Sara and how she handles her mother-in-law and the ex, and whatever happened in his past. Grissom is obviously central to the episode, and apparently to the case, but this is definitely Sara's epi. I'm guessiing she will handle Mama and the ex just fine. But it might be just as well for Gil that he is far away. I'm thinking he will have some explaining to do. :)

I agree about Brass! I can't watch that scene enough when he hears the news. And Sara's expressions throughout just crack me up, especially in the beginning when she meets the ex for the first time with Betty. Now we know why she seems to be 'biting her tongue' in that promo pic.

ETA: This is a link to youtube of the longer promo I posted above, for those outside the US: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSPdBBMEVSY