"A Kiss Before Frying" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Excellent!

I could see Greg looking at some girl like he likes her and Cath immediately going to check her out, see if she has a record, etc. Then Cath going to Greg and saying, "I checked her out, she's legit, so will you ask her out already?" :lol:

I thought DVT did a decent acting job. The only issue I had was the way she said "I feel wicked". It was a little awkward and I would have said it a little differently had it been me, but mostly I thought she did a decent job.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

For me, the worst one was last season's "Star Trek" knockoff. That one felt weak and forced, IMO. Neat idea, but lost something in the presentation.

FWIW, I've been here since the beginning, too (I'm sure many here have, as well).

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Untacking the thread, but feel free to keep discussing. :)

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Yeah I'd have to agree..the first three minutes sucked and I gave up. The writing and the acting all looked forced. as if the cast were wondering why they were even doing this episode.

And Dita...we..she should stick with her day..sorry..night job..of burlesque.

And the writers..please don't cater to the actors who want their friends on the show..thanks..

5. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think it was the worst episode (I think that goes to "Mascara" which was the most boring episode EVER in my opinion). I do think AKBF had some issues though. I agree the script could have probably been polished a bit more, but it wasn't that bad. The case itself was kind of boring. At least the killers' motives were somewhat understandable though. I can't tell you how many times with these shows I go "that's the motive? why would someone kill for that reason".

6. Smokey

Let's not derail the episode thread while discussing our opinions on the worst episode ever. :) We can make a thread for that discussion tho if anyone wants one. But my vote goes with yours, GNRFan. ;)

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Well... I wouldn't say it was the worst episode ever...at least not only this one :lol: I think others are just as bad as this one...

I agree with Baba though... I mean really... the acting was soooo bad... not only this Dita womans but I also think that Eric's acting wasn't that great either... I mean it was not bad but it also didn't really grab me... there could have been more emotions but I know that this is just my opinion (so please don't trample all over me for saying it out loud).

And I so hated the storyline... I mean really... so damn close to a soap opera... all I missed was the corny music at some scenes...
    I also hated that the story itself was not one little bit realistic... I know that this is a tv show and that it's not real and that some things they do there are a little hard to believe but at least in most of the cases they stick at least a little close to realism! I mean really... did anyone believe for a minute that this was something that could really happen?

And then Catherine letting Greg get away with it... I don't think that's what a supervisor should do... I mean how is he supposed to learn from it when he gets away with it? And no, I'm not just saying that because it was Greg. Nick should have been suspended too if he acted like this! Then it would have at least a little bit real world feeling in it... but the way it was... sorry... really bad :scream:

8. GregNickRyanFan

Did they ever say what Ellen/Rita's actual name was? Cause we know it wasn't Ellen cause that was a real teacher whose name she was using. Was Rita supposed to be her actual name?

9. Smokey

Well, you made me go back and watch. :lol: Which was actually a good thing because that whole explanation was hard to follow the first time. Russian dancers fleeing barefoot across Siberia?? :wtf: Anyway...Agnes and Boris had a daughter out of wedlock but they never named her in the episode...skipped right over her to the grandchildren who were murdered and "Ellen", the granddaughter, but they never named her either.

Ray summed it up for us tho...."Two survivors of the Nazi and Stalinist killing machines come to the land of the free, only to die because they ran afoul of a psychotic Jewish mobster." :lol: As for the current case, Nick sums it up, "What are we really saying here? That there's a psychopath out there with a mobile electric chair who's killing the descendants of the men who killed some French singer and her Russian boyfriend?" And Ray says, "I buy it." Okay...but I didn't. :lol:

10. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

:lol: HAHAHAHA!!!!! :lol: I ended up rewatching, and found it just as enjoyable the second time around. How can I get enough of the Greg-goodness? :D

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, I just have to say it. I've given this a lot of thought and yes the episode was bad. If they were going with a noir feel they could have done better. With Greg being so much into Vegas history this is keeping with his character.

I think they were trying to do what they were doing in 'The Chick Chop Flick Shop' episode. Where in that episode they're were making it feel like an old horror movie.

Now having said this and even though I am not a Greg fan, I do feel bad for Greg's fans. They've been waiting and waiting to get an episode that features Greg and it ends up being a bad episode. Tptb have let his fans down.

But y'all are making the best of it, hang in there. :thumbsup:

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Me too, wow, such a wide range of opinions. I thought it was fantastic, from the beginning till the end. I'd never heard of this Dita, but she did a great acting job. Totally believable and convincing. I was thinking she was really as smitten with Greggie as he was with her, good con-artist. And he was sensational. [Greg] and I thought the writers were also remarkable, loved the dialogue. And Ray, so brilliant, can't get enough of him.. so glad he's on CSI. But I also loved "Mascara", it was so off-the wall- and so different. Different strokes, and to each his own.. right?

13. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Um...ok well I don't feel that let down, oh sure I have a few complaints, most of Greg fans seem alright

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Greg is a strong guy, he was also smitten with Sara, and got over that, and he still works with her. He will survive this too. His heart was cracked, but not broken.. He'll be fine. He's got alot of support from his team:bolian:

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

If you only watched the first 3 minutes and no more, how can you judge the whole episode?

You might have thought it was a bad episode but there are many people who did like it. I don't think TPTB let us down at all. As a Greg fan I was thrilled with the episode. I would have liked the episode even if Greg was not the main focus of it. I usually really like the more unusual CSI episodes.