"A Kiss Before Frying" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Just wanted to add that I loved the 'Judy' shout out! Another member of the CSI family that I would like to see again.

And I agree with PC about the 'I've loved you since Tuesday' quote. Very reminiscent of famous film noir quotes. And the cinematography of that last scene was lovely.

I know this was different than the classic CSI episodes, but I like when they occasionally think outside the box. The writers have often made references to classic sci-fi (X-Files, Star Trek, BSG, for example); this was one for us lovers of film noir. Thanks to the writers, and to Eric and Dita. :)

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Hmmm....yeah!:lol: So two minutes..in fact..:p

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

OH! I have to correct myself. It wasn't Ilsa who said "We'll always have Paris" in Casablanca. It was Rick. I may or may not have just watched it again... :lol:

And on the topic, can you just imagine Greg, sitting at home with a beer, Cath or Nick keeping him company, and he says: "Of all the crime labs in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." :lol:

Okay... I'm a little pathetic. :guffaw:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  4. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

:guffaw: Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself!

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't want to see others comments till I post my own. We just watched it for the 2nd time, and to me it was one of the best episode in S/11. All of it. So suspensful and intriguing And go Greg. Eric did an outstanding acting job, he was absoutely fantastic. So my anaylsis of this And for starters I'd never heard of this gal Dita Von Teese. If this was her first acting gig, really good. So beliveable and convincing in the 3 different roles.~She, to us, looked alot like Demi Moore same coloring and similar features~

Body found in gully, Super Dave "Can't people die closer to the road":rommie: Greg and Ray finding the charred head and when Dave cut into him, he was alive I jumped. WHOA. Ray sharing his theories and thoughts, that deep distinctive voice.. He rides to the hospital with the guy.

Nick and Greg analyze the scene.. such good graphics.. as always.

Dr. Ray going over the burn victim. He was tied up but why? Ray gives them his opinion to Nick and Greg. Electric chair. Nick "Your saying he was juiced"?

Hodges brings in a class of teachers amonst them Ellen who Greg was immediately atracted to. She calls Hodges Lodges:lol: She's horrified at the burn victim. "Honey I could tell you stories that would make your hair curl" She passes herself off as a 4th grade science teacher. Ray tells Lodges to take samples and he'll take over the tour~

Greg can't take his eyes off her, and Nick "You really shouldn't had let her leave, without getting her number, go go now":lol:

He does He's so cute he looks about 20-25, and he's 37:eek:~

Ray builds a fascimile of an electric chair. so he's a carpenter too, what can't this guy do? Cath enters "What did Jello Man ever do to you"? They, Hodges, Cath and Ray do an experiment, he ignites. Ray to Cath "Have you ever see burning man? she goes "I have now"~

Greg finds out the truck kind of truck a light weight one~Cath tells him he's tired, and should go home, but he doesn't~

Meets up with Ellen, at a nice restaurant and the have a good time with much friendly banter and pound Martini's,and close the place down Outside the KISS the go in a cab back to her spot:pAh Greggie you go guy~

Next day to Nick, she's amazing and smart, and smells like "fresh peaches":drool:

2nd dead buy 1st one dies/ Archie finds truck.

Ellen calls Greg and as usual Hodges is hovering and listening "Don't let us interrupt your personal life":rolleyes:

Brass intergoates the So. Africian creep, he's so funny. "It's bad form to insult the guy who holds his future in his hands, I could put you in a box marked perishable & ship you back to So Africa then e-mail all the guys you cattle prodded and tell them your coming home & maybe they'll have a clam back for you?:lol:Ellen comes to the lab says to Greg "I don't want you to think I'm a girl who falls in bed on the 1st date" Greg "I don't, then Henry walks in and is "wow she's really cute" Greg "does anything stay private around here". The he walks in and finds her rifling through his files. His expressions were great. She makes some lame excuse, but a "red flag" went up in Greg's head. He follows, her to a Burlesque place. He asks the bartender "who that is" he pays him and the guy didn't say. So he waits and get his glass, sticks it in his pocket then starts to leave and, and he looks up on stage and there she is as Rita Von Squeeze, aka Ellen doing her act in a huge cocktail glass. She spots him. He's so stunned. She's obviously not a science teacher.

He runs her name thought the data base and the guy is Hammerbacher.

Nick as his friend/co-worker/ "You've go to cut your losses" She lied to you" At this point he's confused.

Another body "Ray: "it's official, we have a serial killer"~

Name Herskowich comes up Greg gets excited 'The Rat" and he goes and digs up way old files. A muder and decaptitation of her grandmother after WW2. She was one of Bugsy Siegels paramours and she ran off with her lover and he had his henchmen hunt her down kill her and poise her body like a dancer:(

Bugsy framed Kuchko, he was electrocuted but claimed his innocence till the end the victims were the kids of the old grandfathers. Ray "From a psycotic Jewish mobster"~

Ellen calls Greg from a diner and lures him to come down protesting "I'm in trouble" meanwhile the real Ellen calls, guess what? It's not her. Greg goes there and is ambushed. ducks for cover, then finds her gone, but she left her scarf, sniffs it peaches. He dashes down there.~

They find Hammerbackes have a shoot out, and he goes inside of the truck and electrocutes himself. She's told him to do this and they'd go off to a island together, so she used him to do do her dirty deeds.

Greg find her she acts all phony and hugs him and lies through her teeth..again.. He goes "I don't think you know where the truth ends and you lies began" she rants about her grandparents. and asks him to come with her RIGHT:rolleyes: they handcuff her. her parting words "For what it's worth, I've loved you since Tuesday" how deep:shifty:

Cath scolds him but says also "I"ve been blinded by lust once or twice, next time you have an eye for the mysterious ones, let me check it out, I"ve got an eye for the rotten ones" Greg "deal" they walk away together. Greg "Cath, why do the rotten ones smell so good"?

I LOVED THIS EPISODE:bolian::thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Funny enough I can see him saying that. :lol: So you are not pathetic. :lol:

Actually you are off by two years, Eric is 35. ;)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's Dizzney whatever he still looks much younger. He's the baby of the cast isn't he? He was just fantastic in this. I thought and remarked he could be nominated for an Emmy for this one~

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Just rewatched it, :scream: Ooh I hate CBS's video player!!!! :scream: , this is kinda off topic but does anyone know a safe place (I get another virus on the computer my mom will kill me :eek:) where I can watch recent episodes of CSI? Please and thank you :)

Greg saying "good thing he didn't catch the whole hillside on fire" reminded me of Spark of Life

When Nick says duallies he means that there's a dual set of tires

That's the second tour of the lab, the first one was in Toe Tags

Love the Judy mention, I don't think we've seen her since Goodbye and Goodluck

The name Lodges still makes me laugh :lol:

Is Hodges jealous that Greg got well had a girlfriend when he said "Don't let us interupt your personal life" , he still misses Wendy :( So do I

Honestly I don't think they'll ever mention Greg's book again

Glad to see Frank's again, don't think we've seen it in awhile

Cath: "I'm the last person that should throw stones" yeah that's true especially when she lied about being at a crime scene in Weeping Willows, and Greg is still young and does have a lot to learn, and it's not like he's been in trouble at work before

Great ep, wasn't what I was expecting though, I had assumed there'd be a little more focus on the case as usual and not as much personal stuff or even Greg for that matter, he was in what three quarters of ep, I thought he'd only be in half of it, I was pleasantly surprised :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  9. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

Sorry for the nitpick, but Catherine never lied about being at the crime scene. She just never mentioned that she had had a run in with Adam Novak once his name popped up as a suspect. ;)

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I never come in and comment in this thread anymore- I've actually really been enjoying the last two seasons, so I thought I'd just play it safe and keep to myself and enjoy the show. However, this last episode... I think that may have actually been the worst episode of CSI I have ever seen. And I've been here since the beginning. :eek:

The writing was terrible- the dialogue felt forced and unnatural for half the cast; the storyline was weak; Dita Von Tease was unbearably bad- glad acting isn't her main gig. I'm guessing they were trying to add some film noir stylings to the filming, but they definitely failed miserably. In the end, the whole thing felt like it was some freshman cop show that wouldn't see a second season. The only thing that kept me from turning off the episode completely was the fact that at least Eric Szmanda managed to act decently despite the dismal writing.

Ugh. CSI, I've been with you forever, but that was THE WORST.

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well, I've loved this episode since Thursday.

12. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

:guffaw: LOL me too.:D

13. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

:lol: I love saying that to myself since Friday! Guess nothing can make me stop having fun with the episode. Ah the peaches! Even the episode title say ''smile'' : A kiss before frying? It is clear the episode would have some absurdish pieces and i always love the weird things. Yeah yeah peaches...

For God's sake, when am i going to stop saying lines from episode?

14. gregfan3

gregfan3 Police Officer

Awesome, Wojo! That was well said, you just made me laugh out loud! :lol:

15. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Just watched this epi today...more of a Miami girl :)....but WOW this was a great episode! OMG I was trying not to scream at the end (I was holding my 9 month old) I was soooo afraid something was going to happen to Greg. I felt bad for him...maybe there will be true love for Greg one day!