"A Kiss Before Frying" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

I watched it again last night with hubby and actually liked it better on second viewing. I think it was a bit of a parody and not meant to be taken entirely seriously. When watched that way, it's a nice little episode.

2. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Amen to that! Exactly my perspective... :beer:

3. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

It's totally bugging me what she said at the bus station that they blanked out. It looks like "Anything you crave" maybe? My lip-reading skills aren't the best (where's Grissom when you need him eh!) but if thats the case, it makes you wonder what scenes they cut out!

I wonder if there was supposed to be more to that first kiss that he never really got, because it was faded out. The spoiler did say to "watch for something during his first kiss", and Eric seemed to think that it might not make the edit?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

What part are you talking about? I do not remember seeing anything where what she said was blanked out during the bus station scene. Did you watch it on TV or online? Maybe it was shown in one part and not another. Just wondering.

5. SpasmThatCat

I watched the tv version; it's after she says about them finding an island somewhere, she says "I'll do anything you say. Anything." only her lips keep moving after the second "Anything"?

6. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I just rewatched the scene in question. I think it was just a lip twitch. Looks like she had a spasm, Spasm. :lol:

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I watched it again, and I'm pretty sure it's just her sexy lip pouty moving thing...kind of like Marilyn Monroe did.

8. SpasmThatCat

Ba-dum tish!

Do you think? *looks again* he does wait until after her lip twitch to react, though?

9. PraetorCorvinus

I'm going to say that the pause is Greg gathering his thoughts. Or just to make us focus on her lips. Her moist, ruby red lips...

10. SpasmThatCat

*rolls eyes and laughs*

Ah well, my bad.

11. PraetorCorvinus

Most scenes are open to interpretation. It's all good. :)

12. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

Sorry I was really disappointed at this eppy!. I know it was suppose to be just fun but the whole episode just didnt catch my eye.

Eric Szmanda and Dita didnt have any chemistry in my opinion. :vulcan:

I did like the storyline..it just didnt work well with Dita Von Tese

13. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I noticed it as well, and thought the same thing as you... wondering if something got cut! But now that ppl say 'twitch' or 'pout', I guess I can see that too, hmm. Curious now. And interesting to see one small scene taken so many different ways! :)

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It is indeed strange how so many fans interpret scenes so differently. And I thought the chemistry between Greg and Ellen was intense, from the 1st time he laid eyes on her the "look's", the eye contact it "sizzled", throughout, except Greg was serious and she wasn't:( I still thought she did a great job for her first acting gig. She had it down pat. And I was hestitant, cause' I'd never heard of her:confused:

15. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

This is a nice episode. And I am so happy that Greg finally got centered for this one. And it makes sense that Eric's friend Dita finally has her guest spot there as Greg's lover, and given that she's a Burlesque dancer and it fits well with Vegas rather than Miami or New York. But seriously, "Rita Von Squeeze"? It could've been done with some other name, at least to me. This is probably inspired by the Black Dahlia murder, given the grandma's (Also played by Dita) murder. And the murder by electricution by The Green Mile. I thought for sure that the CSI's would at least throw some references about them while speaking of the homicides.

I like how puppy-dog cute Greg was while confronting Ellen at the station, this is like some 1940s type of scenery and dialogue. Especially when he said, "Take her." Ha, Greg buster ain't gonna take it!

As of Nick and Catherine and even Ray scolding Greg for his involvement with her after the whole file snooping incident, it's nice that Greg was being his usual mild-mannered self, unlike Warrick getting defensive when called on the error of his ways. Still, given their past flings, they could go easy on Greg and not keep talking down to him like he's an infant, since he's been with Nick and Cath since the beginning. Especially Nick, who's surprisingly becoming somewhat judgemental, I thought that he would start pulling a similar attitude like he did about the hoarder mom on that other episode.

And last, gotta love the Brass with his interrogation of the South African, even when telling S.A. dude how to respect or speak to the one who decides his future or something like that. Again, nice episode.