Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I totally missed the age thing. Yeah, that is ridiculous.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Was it her lying about her age or, I dunno, the reporter who got it wrong? Given that IMDb and every other site I've ever seen Anna's stats list her actual age, I'm still looking for where she's said that she was in her mid-20s five years ago.

L.O.L. :lol::lol: Guys, I know we've mentioned that on this thread before! Thanks for the interview, perlnoir, it's always the greatest to see these things. I liked the part about Lindsay always figuring out how to do her job better, it fits with the way I've always seen her, the way she's always soaking up tips from Mac or whoever else on the way to approach a case or suspects.

3. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Anna said NY is shown at 8pm on Maine? Isn't Maine in the east coast, so it must be 9pm. :lol: that she had no clue her show just reached 150th episode.

4. PerfectAnomaly

That doesn't surprise me at all considering she acts like the show is nothing but a paycheck to her. Every time she opens her mouth in an interview she just proves even more how she just doesn't give a damn. The only difference between her and her character that she give is that they have different professions. Anna grew up in Maine and Lindsay is supposed to be a country girl from Montana. I'm going under the wild assumption that Anna didn't witness the senseless slaughter of several of her friends as a teenager either. Yet she plays herself. That's not acting, that's not giving a damn about your character or the show. If CBS isn't going to fire her, which they're obviously not going to do, they should at least have a clause in her contract forbidding her to do interviews. She comes off as a big schmuck every time she gives one.

5. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Well said!

I'd rather have CBS get rid of her though and bring in a real actress but that's probably not in the budget :rolleyes:

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Where else would the reporter have gotten that but from her? :confused: It's an interview. And like you said, if the reporter had looked online, she would have seen Anna was born in '72... which makes her 38.

And count me as another not very impressed with the whole "she's playing herself" thing. That's not acting. That pretty much goes against what acting is. And it's a shame, because maybe the character of Lindsay would be that kind of fun, socially awkward character consistently she was meant to be if she was played by someone else.

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I totally agree.

But for some reason the writers have problems separating the characters and the actors. They are constantly writing things in for the characters that are actually true to then. To start with Danny/Carmine being from a family of cops, playing baseball, etc... Mac's from Illinois and so is Gary. Both Eddie & Flack are born and raised in New York and of Irish descent. They could have very easily made Flack of German or Dutch decent. Both Eddie & Flack are also Rangers fans. Melina is fluent in Greek so therefore Stella also spoke Greek and her family had immigrated relatively recently, which is also true for Melina. In the same way Emmanuelle Vaugier is fluent in French so automatically Angell can speak French as well. It's just one thing after another, as the show goes on they seem to constantly incorporate the actor's backgrounds.

8. PerfectAnomaly

Incorporating some of the facts of the actors' lives into the show is not the same thing as having NO difference between the character and actor. Anna doesn't seem to grasp that acting involves playing something that isn't like you at all. Why would she play herself if her character is supposed to be affected by a tragedy that happened in her teen years? Why would she play herself if her character is supposed to be a country girl from Montana? It seems to me that Lindsay is the one character on the show who is supposed to be nothing like the actress who portrays her, yet the actress chooses to play herself. That makes absolutely no sense and shows that either she doesn't give a damn, has no talent or both of those things are true.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I love her, the character that she portrays, Lindsay. She's smart, funny has a sparkling personailty, is darling to look at, and blends and gets along with the whole team. A great addition to the show:bolian:

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The more they incorporate the real lives of the actors into the show the harder it's going to be to distinguish. I do agree with y'all about how if an actor is acting like themselves then they're doing something wrong HOWEVER it's also true that the writers seem to have trouble distinguishing between the two sometimes.

11. PerfectAnomaly

The point is they have no problem distinguishing Lindsay from Anna. The two are supposed to be nothing alike. Unless you count that Anna is married and a mom and so is Lindsay, but that's a pretty generic similarity.

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The CSI: NY cast is taking over Twitter... seriously. :lol: Anna Belknap is the latest to join.

13. PerfectAnomaly

Gary Sinise just tweeted this a few minutes ago:

14. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Oh, good to know... it sucks that someone would do that. It's illegal now in CA, too, I believe.

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Lol, this is why this thread kicks ass.:p

I wish I could write that clause in myself for some actors on this show, but that's beside my point. I'm fairly sure no one holds a gun to their heads and makes them do interviews, and if Anna really didn't give a damn she wouldn't do them, period. But fans like getting insights from the actors they like into the characters they like, or just enjoy hearing what they say; I would imagine that's why she does interviews. She's identified the way she imagines (and thereby plays) Lindsay through herself in previous interviews, and while I know nothing about effective acting techniques, it made sense to me -- and definitely comes across effectively on-screen.

...Also, someone please tell me which NY episode was the 50th, or the 150th? (Although I think that latter one's probably on me, I haven't gotten much chance to pay attention to what's going on with the show this season - but as far as I know, they didn't make a big thing about it.) I'd get the argument if she hadn't noticed the 100th or 200th episode going by, but...

Exactly, any source online would've given the reporter Anna's real age, including other interviews Anna's given herself. I don't know, unless there was something extremely special about this interview - compared to all the others she's done - I'm thinking the reporter just guessed on her 2005 age. Doesn't make sense to tell the truth in every other interview except this one.

Thousands upon thousands of actors, when asked how they approach a part, mention drawing on their own experiences and facets of their own personalities in order to fill the role -- so this makes little sense to me. Portraying what's familiar to you is not exactly uncommon in art, and Anna picturing how she herself would respond if something like that tragedy happened to her seems like a fairly standard technique.