Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Have to say well done to the writers for giving Lindsay so much to do this Season. It's the best we've seen her being since Season 2, they're really giving her a lot of material outside of the lab and having her work with the whole team. It's great. She also looks utterly delectable this year, well she always has, but this season she has been particularly hot, they've been dressing her great.

I totally agree, she's got a special "spark" that shines through the camera. I'm always glad when she's on the screen, she's darling, and a great actress:bolian:

Gosh, I have been away for way too long. :lol: I fully agree with you two. What we are getting now really is reaching what we got in season 2. I love how many different things Lindsay is doing now. I mean, look at last night's episode for example. I love how she and Hawkes interrogated this man together. She is so good with interrogations and I'm so happy to see she is doing them! She is inside the lab, outside the lab, interrogating, collecting evidence; it's fantastic because it shows her in different situations. Plus I totally love that she has more screentime again!

I'm also really looking forward to this episode when Lindsay will have a lot to do with this woman who had been raped. In Admissions, she already showed how good she is when she is talking to a victim. I can imagine that there surely will be a lot of great moments for her in that episode.

A Wallpaper (in three different sizes/resolutions) of Lindsay in Season 2 Episode 14 "Stuck On You" .The middle pic is obviously the promo still and the smaller ones are screen-caps.The graphics in the corners of the screen-caps are actually customised brushes for Photoshop.

Thank's *NickStone* nice.. wow, I've never seen her hair that long or that curly style. She's so darling;)

Whoa, fantastic work, *NickStone*! You did great, and how amazing does she look like? This is one of my favourite scenes. I just totally love how excited she is when she sees how good she can handle the bow. And how she wants to do it again. :lol: Awesome wallpaper!!!!

Nice Wallpaper *NickStone*

I am hoping that we get to see her out and about more again in the second half of the season.

Have to say well done to the writers for giving Lindsay so much to do this Season. It's the best we've seen her being since Season 2, they're really giving her a lot of material outside of the lab and having her work with the whole team. It's great. She also looks utterly delectable this year, well she always has, but this season she has been particularly hot, they've been dressing her great.

...I'll risk sounding a little clueless :lol: are they giving her anything big (or have they given her anything big - ish this season so far)? Feel bad for falling as far back as I have, but I did catch the Halloween episode with the ghosts (Scared Stiff), and Lindsay was eight kinds of awesome in it - so basically, I think I totally agree :p

I also definitely noticed all team interaction - assuming it's been consistently as good as it was in the Halloween one, I have so much love for the team right now. And I enjoy watching Lindsay with them so much more than with her husband, so ... can we say this had better be an ongoing trend throughout the season?

...And I'm off to catch up on the BOOK that is the unread pages I've missed from this thread. Holy crap, guys :lol: :lol: Looks like there's been a fair amount to discuss here.

Welcome back. :) Yep, we discussed quite a lot here. lol I agree, she has some awesome scenes. The episode Maya mentioned for example had some great moments. What I like the most is that she is out in the field again. Two scenes I really enjoyed are the two interrogation scenes; the one with Lindsay and Danny and the one with Lindsay and Hawkes. They were so awesome! And of course the little demonstrations. I forgot which episode that was though.

As much as I don't like Lindsay's character I have to give her kudos for the Shane Casey scene. Her reactions her expressions and the general vibe she gave off was spot on. She was clearly drawing from being a mother herself and imagining how it would feel to have your babys life put in danger. She was great and very believable. Saying that I hope we don't get some long drawn out angsty storyline this season.

Welcome back. :) Yep, we discussed quite a lot here. lol I agree, she has some awesome scenes. The episode Maya mentioned for example had some great moments. What I like the most is that she is out in the field again. Two scenes I really enjoyed are the two interrogation scenes; the one with Lindsay and Danny and the one with Lindsay and Hawkes. They were so awesome! And of course the little demonstrations. I forgot which episode that was though.

:lol: Thanks! I've had to catch up on almost half the season these past 2 days, but I liked what I saw...mostly, anyway. I'm surprised and dismayed to find that I've gotten a little bored and impatient with a couple characters this season, but on the Lindsay front I'm largely happy -she's gotten some great moments, I love finally seeing her interact with people other than Danny, and ...lol, honestly, starting to think she's never not going to be my fave. Can't wait to see what's coming next, I hear it's something new from her past? God I hope I get to see it, it's only about freakin' time we got extra backstory :lol:

ETA: That said, I think 'Scared Stiff' is still my favorite episode so far :p There was a demonstration in that one, right? I know there was great Lindsay-in-the-field/interrogation action..

Last edited:
CSI:NY Star Relaxes At Home For The Holidays

By Kim Fletcher

Anna Belknap, a successful actor on the popular CBS television series CSI:NY playing Crime Scene Investigator Detective Lindsay Monroe Messer, is back in her hometown of Damariscotta celebrating the Christmas holiday with her friends, family, and parents Louise and David Belknap.

It's been five years since she landed the plum role. In 2005, she was only in her mid-20s and was a newlywed. Today she and husband, writer/actor Eric Siegel, have two small children, Olive, 4, and George, 2, and she's celebrating the program's seventh (her sixth) successful season.

Belknap has changed little in appearance since 2005 when she chatted amiably at a café in Damariscotta. Now, however, she's a successful actress, experienced mother, and she exudes a quiet and relaxed self-confidence that comes with maturity and hard work.

Belknap spoke briefly of how the show is doing, and of CSI:NY's time change from Wednesday nights, to Fridays. "It's not great - being on Friday nights at 8 [p.m.] but it sure is better for people in Maine," she said, smiling at her mother. Louise agrees - she really enjoys the earlier time slot.

Anna acknowledges the Wednesday time slot at 10 p.m. was a great one, since many viewers are home mid-week, "but, we have a solid audience, and hopefully they follow us [to Friday nights]," she said.

Five years ago, Anna talked about "living her dream; being a working actor," and while she is continuing on that road today, there's much more personal conversation about family as well as career.

When speaking of her kids, it's plain to see the Siegel children are the apple of their parents' eyes, not to mention their grandparents, Louise and David.

"They [Olive and George] call her 'Grandma Oui," Belknap said, referring to her mother, and she praises her mother's way with her grandchildren. "She's firm, but kind," she said, then of her own upbringing, "she's a great mom."

Being able to see her own daughter on a weekly television program Louise said, "We have the most fun. They are way out there [in California], and I can see her every week."

Understandably, Anna likes Lindsay, her CSI character. "She's smart. She's always trying to figure out how to do her job better. After all, she's a scientist," she said. With a laugh Anna said, "There's a joke on the set that 'yet again, Lindsay solves the case.' I might be in there only a few minutes, but I solve the case."

According to Louise, Anna's personality is very similar to Lindsay's. "When I'm watching...that's Anna," she said. "Except for the science thing," Anna quips.

As Anna explains it further, there are also big differences between the actor and her character. "I would not be in a lab, and the civil servant thing...I'm an actor," she said.

"She's made me cry a couple of times [as Lindsay]," Louise said, and she recognizes Anna's qualities while she's in character. "She's just very natural; she just plays herself...a very natural actor."

The Belknaps are now used to seeing Anna on TV, but in the beginning when she set out to become an actor, they were nervous for her.

Louise said it was Anna's dad, David, who was very worried. "He worried about her having a life; making a living," she said.

After graduating from Lincoln Academy in 1990, Anna set off for Middlebury College in Vermont, where the theater bug bit her. With her eyes still set on the stage, she earned her Master of Fine Arts degree from the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, where she met husband Eric. The couple later married in 2004.

Belknap racked up stage credentials after graduation, acting summers with the Williamstown Festival in Williamstown, Mass., and moving to New York City, she auditioned and cut her teeth in regional theatre throughout the country.

Needing to make a living, she headed to Los Angeles to audition for the pilot season. Louise remembers counseling Anna when trying out for roles, to "go out there and sell yourself."

Thinking of Anna's very first television role in 1996, Louise said, "She had a bit part on "Homicide" ["Homicide: Life On The Street], and she was on there for all of about 20 seconds. We were so excited. David and I didn't think they put her in there enough."

Anna is now a working mom, comfortable juggling home and career. She just beams when speaking of her daughter Olive being in pre-school but acknowledges her CSI:NY acting schedule though conducive to family life, can be exhausting.

Her shooting schedule is flexible since according to a given script, her character may be featured a little or a lot in any given episode. "It's ideal in some ways," she said, but also admits it is back to the CSI:NY set once Christmas is over.

On average there are 22 to 25 episodes per season. The next installment, "To What End?" scheduled to air on Wed., Jan. 14 at 8 p.m. is episode 11, and by that count, Anna Belknap has more than a half season more to shoot.

In mid-December 2010, CSI:NY celebrated its 150th episode, in itself a testament to its popularity. Anna's honest reaction to learning the fact is completely disarming. "Really? Wow, that's great. I didn't know."

Stay in touch with Anna Belknap's career through the CBS Broadcasting Network website at www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/ or TV Guide magazine at www.tvguide.com. Become an Anna Belknap fan through www.fanpop.com, or visit www.Anna-Belknap.org. CSI:NY is also on Facebook and Twitter.

source: http://lincolncountynewsonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=75&ArticleID=50684&TM=79727.42

If you're playing yourself and just adding science lingo in you're doing something wrong. Very, very wrong.

Oh yes. But what might amuse me even more is how she's gone from being in her mid/late 30s (36/37) to 30 (if she was in mid-20s in 2005). I know actresses lie about their age, but generally not after it's been on record for years. :rolleyes:

Sorry, the lying about your age thing is kind of annoying to me. But I will say that I thought Anna was good in this last episode, and she cracked me up big time with her delivery of the line about hearing nothing about Jo's ex-husband. It kind of gave me a glimpse of the character Lindsay was supposed to be... kind of socially awkward and a little too honest, and I wish we saw more of that side of her.

Back