Cancellation of a CSI series

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by ComicCollect_NL, Dec 11, 2010.

?

I would cancel....

Poll closed Jan 10, 2011.
  1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. CSI: Miami

33 vote(s)
    56.9%
  3. CSI: New York

9 vote(s)
    15.5%
  4. Neither of them

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

If a CSI series would be cancelled, which of the series would you choose to drop?

2. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

If I had to choose it would be Vegas. I'm only watching for the characters now but even then I have plenty of other works that my favourite actors on the show have been in. I love the addition of Sela on New York, and Miami has made a massive improvement over last year, and I think it's be sad if they had to be cancelled when IMO they seem to be reaching their prime.

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I would be devastated if they cancel any of the shows..CSI shows have become a big part of my life!!

4. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

It would definitely be Miami for me. I rarely watch it. I'm not a Horatio fan, and it's hard to watch a show when you don't like the lead. Plus, the camera work is too distracting. The filters and the split screens and choppiness get annoying when I'm trying to pay attention to what is happening or being said.
    And I still miss Speedle. And they should have kept Kim Delaney. (Yep, I'm going way back. :lol:) I guess I just liked the early years better. I did like Eddie Cibrian, but they got rid of him, too.
    I'm mostly a LV fan, but I've been enjoying Sela Ward on NY, so I have been watching it more regularly, as well.

5. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

It would be csi new york for me even with sela on there.... And plus they storylines dont even be all that good

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't want any of them to be canceled, but with Marg most likely leaving Vegas, it may end up going first. The ratings took a big hit when Billy left. I would imagine it's going to be the same when Marg leaves. Unless they get someone equally as well known as her to come in and fill the void she'll leave.

However, as much as I'm enjoying the addition of Sela on NY, if NY were to be canceled, I think I'd be less devestated than I would be if it was one of the other two lol.

7. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

CSI New York. I don't watch NY so, it would not be a problem for me.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Probably Miami, I've only watched it a few times, never could get in to it, and with their timeslot it's hard to say whats going to happen

NY, sometimes I'll watch reruns on Spike, and it's my 2nd favorite CSI, they lost both MK and went to Fridays, they've managed to hold pretty steady ratings, so I think they'll be just fine

If LV (my favorite show) could have more seasons like this, it would be on for a long time, but with Marg leaving who knows what season 12 will bring

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I guess I'd have to say CSI - it's definitely a lot better than Miami, but I'm more invested in (some of) the characters on Miami than I am on CSI. (That wasn't the case in the past, but I haven't been really invested in the Vegas CSIs for a while.) NY is my favorite, so I can't be objective with that one. :p I'd vote for CSI to go out with style and class after season 11, and if I couldn't have that, I'd vote for Miami because IMO it's the 'worst' of the three.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I said Miami because that show jumped the shark years ago. It's just beyond ridiculous now.

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Of all the three, contrary to a large percentage of posts, in terms of which one I'd choose to cancel, I'd go with Miami. That Horatio has gotten on my nerves every time and it turns Miami into a stillborn show, a great show that never took off to begin with. I don't know why but whenever Florida-themed shows come in, I get the heebie-jeebies.

Why couldn't they do a CSI-Milwaukee, a CSI-Seattle, or even a CSI-St. Louis? You know, get TV-Shows that focus on cities, and towns that are almost completely ignored by mainstream networks. Just saying...

In terms of which one is most likely to go, 'New York' is most likely. Even Miami's episode viewership on Sunday's has been higher than any of NY's Season 7 episodes as of late. Friday Night is indeed a Death Slot and many shows that are moved there die within a season of moving there.

The Vegas show could come much closer to ending after Marg Helgenberger leaves which will be very sad. To see Stella and Catherine now gone, it's truly the end of an era, at least to me, and a chasm that will be very hard to fill in. :( Two of my favorite female characters in over 15 years now gone, it hurts my TV-Heart a lot. :(

To be honest, all three of these shows have run far longer than most shows ever could dream of and this franchise has been fantastic even as decay, and entropy are showing as of late. The audiences of 2010-11 are likely worlds away from the audience of 2000-01 and the latter's tastes are likely changing hence the dip in viewership of all three shows and their desire for something new.

This era of TV has been wonderful but it will be a while before some other show of this calibre arrives and keeps me loyal for many years on end. Who knows when and what the show will be. :)

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Very well put. I voted for Miami as well. I've fallen asleep through more episodes than any other show and I don't go back and watch them to find out what I've missed.

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I decided on CSI:LV. I do find it one of the better programmes but I feel if Marg leaves then it will have lost most of the original things that we loved about the show. I know things have to change but once the main cast has gone is it still the same show we loved? Or are we still watching etc because of how long its been in our lives! Food for thought I guess.

I loved Melina in NY and thought NY would lose its edge for me but I think its made it a whole different show and given it a whole new burst of life. I dont watch Miami as religiously as I used to, it was my first CSI I watched but IMO TV would be strange with out the madness of that show! :lol:

14. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

What improvement would you like to see in CSI: Miami? Killing off Horatio Caine is not an option.

15. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Toning down the H/Eric bromance for one, as well as Horatio's Superman persona- nothing big, just to show that the man can get hurt and is actually human :lol:

I don't mind the split screens and bright colours but I know a lot of people would want to see less of them.

Everything else though the show seems to be taking care of itself- forgotten characters are getting storylines and screentime, the base breaking romance has apparently ended, and overall I'm enjoying it :)