Episode 9x07 - 'On The Hook' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 20, 2010.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

An interesting and watchable episode. And only ten minutes late!!:lol:

Random Thoughts:

--Where was Natalia?!!

--Ryan and Walter are a hoot. The two actors play off each other so well. I loved Walter's acceptance of Ryan's past.

--Ryan looked hot in pink and his gambling experience sure came in handy. Snaps to the continuity!!

--It seemed like old times. Eric in the water and Calleigh in the ballistics lab!!

--I thought Shane looked familar.

--Lots and lots of Frank.:)

--It was good to see Horatio in the lab.

--I almost stood up and cheered when Horatio threw that slimeball out the window.

Again good screentime (except for the absent Natalia) and good team interaction:thumbsup:

2. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I thought this episode was pretty good! I enjoyed every second of it and it actually had me guessing to the very end. I never in a million years would have suspected the parole officer! Not knowing who the culprit was surely made this episode at least a hundred times better.

Alas, did I see CONTINUITY?! :eek: I didn't know that the Miami PTB had it in them! And for once in a life time Ryan's gambling problem was helpful and not shunned by the entire team! So that was quite enjoyable! Go figure that being a gambling addict would actually come in handy at times. :lol:

I agree with whoever said that it felt like old times seeing Calleigh in the ballistics lab and Eric scuba diving. And was I the only one who found it hilarious that Emily had to stand behind the hummer in the beginning of the episode to avoid the audience seeing her baby belly. :lol:

I also enjoyed seeing Horatio throwing the parole officer out the window. I didn't see that one coming, but boy did he deserve it!

My only complaint with the episode was Natalia MIA... again... Where is she? I hope she comes back and doesn't go MIA for about half the episodes like last season. That's a road I don't want to go down again.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I would give it an A.

3. MacFlackNCaine

MacFlackNCaine Dead on Arrival

Pretty solid ep with a MONSTER opening.

Act breaks were solid, the overall case? Not so much.

Props for H for acting more like S1-3 H and less like 4-7 H.

4. hphugr4evr

hphugr4evr Victim

That was too funny! Watching Flack and Danny get tossed around then walking around all brruised up... :guffaw:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved the two of them double-team tackling the suspect LOL. I'd love to see Ryan and Eric do that on Miami lol.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The season has been so action packed,maybe we will get the chance to see something similar. It can't be exactly like NY,but I would enjoy seeing them in a similar situation,maybe Frank could rescue them.

7. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

That was actually something I found ridiculous and stupid... wow...way overdone. I don't like the way they portray Horatio lately....and how they act like he's untouchable and would actually get away with pulling a stunt like that.... when that happened I rolled my eyes and thought "...yea right...:rolleyes: "

8. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Well I thought it was funny...

Kidding aside, I do agree with you that Horatio looks like he's been dabbling with the dark side of the force. I think he might be affected by Jesse's death.

9. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I enjoyed this episode. I was glad to see Horatio show more emotion....throwing a rapist out of the window? Sure thing, it's in character-just remember what he did (off camera) in that episode to the guy that posed as someone supposedly helping to catch sexual predators, but turned out in reality to be a predator himself!

A dark and terrible beauty to behold when innocents are threatened, that's MY Horatio Caine!

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, to be fair we were warned in the pre-season premier hype that this season would be testosterone driven and action oriented.

They're giving what they said they would give.

While I had no objection to Horatio throwing the guy out the window, there is a danger of taking this "testosterone" thing a little too far.

They need to keep in mind these are supposed to be law enforcement officers and have them maybe push the envelope, but keeping it within the confines of the law. Otherwise Horatio goes back to the "vigilante" crap and he starts losing the respect that is just now beginning to come back to the character with a lot of fans.

11. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

I think the Reality Kills episode did more to destroy that respect than this one did. H throwing the rapist out the window actually seemed more in character to me. Horatio doesn't really lose his temper that often so when it happens for a reason such as this, I don't mind it as much.

P.S: Ruby I love your new avatar!!

12. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

Thanks-redanemone. I love it too! All of the Sailors are great, but Sailor Jupiter, when I watched her on television, I found could relate to the best- especially the fact that when she liked a guy- she went AFTER him, instead of waiting around :lol:

Plus, I do like innocence and fun too! :)

But to be sure, "Frosty" (naughty ice queen Emma Frost) will make her appearance on these pages at some point..... soon ;)

13. yen35

yen35 Witness

The episode was alright but not so good that I will watch it for the 2nd time like other episodes this season.
    I agree with Delynn that yes, although that guy deserved to be thrown out of the window, there is a difference between thinking it and actually doing it. Yes, that guy was a real creep but I don't know if law enforcement officers should act like that. It was a pretty cool scene though!
    I also found it highly odd that the potential jumper on the bridge could hear what the guy on the boat was saying on his mobile phone. Gracious, he must have had excellent hearing.
    Also, OK, the guy who was shooting at the guy on the boat wasn't an experienced shooter but he must have really been a lousy shot if not a single bullet grazed that guy.
    The parts I liked were the assembly of the 'gun' from scratch, Calleigh talking to Eric while he was under water and seeing Eric in a wetsuit again, and how Calleigh read the 'note' the parole officer gave that guy with instructions on how to assemble the 'gun'. That was nice Science. I also liked their depicting that not all parole officers are honest.
    Was there any particular reason that Natalia didn't come in this episode? I did miss seeing her.

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I enjoyed that there was some continuity in the episode. Particularily with the mention of Ryan's gambling past,that it was used in a positive way to actually assist in the case. I also liked that Walter was totally accepting and nonjudgemental about the gambling.
    Totally agree.

15. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

loved that the 'victim' wasn't so innocent-gee, don't ever owe a parole officer no money if he's a sleezeball like this one-taking advantage and blackmailing cons to do his dirtywork...liked Eric underwater, Walter talking to himself to figure stuff out (smart people often do) and was totally pleased how H threw the rapist out the freakin' window-and a trailer too-bet that didnt' raise any eyebrows out there-wonder what the cops thought-"ooh, don't mess w/Lt HELLo Horatio today man or he'll throw your sorry *ss out the window!"...good action hero episode...