Episode 9x07 - 'On The Hook' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 20, 2010.

1. hphugr4evr

hphugr4evr Victim

Looks like an interesting episode!

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Typing this while I watch.

Here we go.
    Is he gonna jump?
    Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang. That boat is starting to look like Swiss Cheese.
    Bet the boat goes BOOM. Nope, no BOOM.
    HORATIO!!! I love Horatio.
    I love Horatio but I hate the annoying YEAH in the theme song.

Commercials:
    Chevrolet
    Target
    Triaminic Fever Reducer
    Dell
    Always
    Target...again
    Blackberry Style
    Hawaii Five-0
    Survivor

Back to the show.
    WALTER!!! What a cutey.
    Snap those pics, Walter.
    Walter found a round.
    No grooves?
    Clever. Trick Ryan in to taking the swamp.
    CBS, take a hint: I know I'm watching CSI: Miami.
    Sabo? Didn't they have those in the season one episode Kill Zone?
    WOW!!! Triple.
    Elevated with a scope.
    Find a clue already, Walter.
    Ding. Ding. Ding. Walter found the gun.
    Nice badge, Frank.
    Pink Tie Alert!! Frank, lose the pink tie.
    Calleigh examining the guilty gun.
    Ooh DNA.
    Run, doofus.
    Ha. Ha. Stopped by Horatio.

Commercials:
    Travelers Insurance
    Uloric
    Sears
    Planters Nuts
    iPhone 4
    Zantac
    Sears...again
    The Good Wife
    The Defenders

Back to the show.
    What is jumper guy up to?
    Horatio with a gun...even better.
    Uh-oh. I think the victim is up to no good.
    Ryan and Walter. Don't seem right without Jesse.
    Secret's out...victim Brad is a bookie.
    Leaving=Bad ideal. Don't leave.
    You better listen to Horatio.
    Ooh. They're shooting at CSI.

Commercials:
    Best Buy
    Verizon
    Bayer aspirin
    Crest 3D White Strips
    How I Met Your Mother/Rules Of Engagement
    NCIS/NCIS: Los Angeles
    Monday on 10 pm news
    Hardee's
    Disney on Ice
    Troy University
    Ford

Back to the show.
    CBS, read this: I know I'm watching CSI: Miami
    Oh no. Shooter is gone.
    What is that Walter found?
    WOW!!! They had those clouds moving fast.
    Horatio in a white lab coat doing lab work...I LOVE IT.
    Oh! So the homemade gun blew itself apart.
    Ah. That's what jumper guy was doing.
    Barbequeing? Yeah. Right.
    Tell him or he'll find out.

Commercials:
    iPad
    Hoover T-Series Rewind
    Target
    Triaminic Fever Reducer
    HTC
    Two And A Half Men/Mike and Molly
    Hawaii Five-0
    Tonight on 10 pm news
    Airwick candles
    Toyota

Back to the show.
    Horatio. I can't get enough Horatio.
    Neal Perkins...the common denominator.
    Talk, dude.
    He messed it up. He missed.
    "How to make a gun" in one page.
    Let's see what CSI magic they use to see what was wrote on the paper.
    There's the Hummer rushing somewhere.
    Get him, Horatio.
    W:eek:W!!! Horatio threw that guy out the window. I loved it. :D
    Horatio, go find another bad guy and throw him out the window.

Next week is either a re-run or no CSI: Miami. How do I know?
    No David Caruso saying "Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode."
    Ah. Next episode is in 2 weeks. Looks like episode #200...based on what I've read here at Talk CSI in the CSI: Miami episode guide.

I loved this episode. 2 thumbs up:thumbsup::thumbsup:, four stars, A+.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Did anyone else feel like the writers borrowed a little from "Kill Zone" for the first half of this ep? I kept expecting to find out that Christopher Harwood had escaped from prison or something. ;)

I really liked this ep. I thought it was a good combo of action and the science (when was the last time we saw Delko in a dive suit and anytime H is in a lab coat is good by me :drool:). I loved Walter's dialogue when he was looking for evidence on top of the building.

The only bad thing was the notable absence of Natalia. :(

And while I'm sure some may have found the ending sequence with the window a little over the top, I thought it was total win. I love it when H gets all badass. :thumbsup:

4. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

LOL Carolyn for the commercials mentioned in your post LOL:lol:

Good episode, things I liked:

- Banter between Wolf and Walter too funny :guffaw:especially the new shoes comment from Wolf
    -thought that guy was really going to jump, what was that square patch on the back of his neck? Birthmark?!
    - Good use of Frank :thumbsup:
    - Horatio throwing the bad guy out the window :guffaw:
    - Felt sorry for Shane and his cousin though
    -Horatio's compassion for the victim as usual

Things I didn't like:
    - no Natalia, Tom, Dave or Travers

Other than that it was a good episode. :)

Looking forward to another one soon, regardless if it is a repeat or new one. I'll take any of them!

Thanks
    Linda :)

5. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I liked all the teamwork and everyone working the scene together. But this episode felt sort of drab to me....could have been from any season...nothing 'special'

AND no natalia makes it hard for me to give this one a good rating :(
    the only thing worse than Natalia being MIA is tptb's lack of explanation or warning for it... this better not be an ongoing occurrence like last season :scream: ... they could have at least worked it into the story or acknowledged it by having H or someone say that she was still recuperating from the drugs effects or whatever...

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I wish I had Horatio's super telescopic magnifying clairvoyant eyes! I don't have to spend money updating my eyeglasses every two years. :lol:

No Natalia. :(

Overall, solid, decent episode! :thumbsup:

7. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

The show started on time for us Arizonans, yay! So, here are my thoughts (I took notes this time.)

First the Good:

- Ryan in pink (I'm bias, don't judge.)
    - Much more Calleigh this time!
    - The fact that Horatio wanted to help someone who wasn't a woman/child/woman with a child was a nice change of pace.
    - The fact that they brought up Ryan's gambling past to aid in the investigation. Continuity FTW.
    - A makeshift gun? Creative...

Now the Bad:

- Why did Walter ask for back up on the tower, and then go on the roof BY HIMSELF? I was extremely confused with that.
    - Okay... we get it. Eric Delko can run, and Horatio can cut the suspect off in the chase. This is like...the third time we've seen this. I'm bored. I actually predicted it before it happened.
    - NOT A SINGLE SHRED OF NATALIA!! I'm just going to pretend she went on a long overdue mental vacation...

Overall, I give it 7/10 rating. A nice season filler...

8. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

This one was really good! Only bad thing was no Natalia, but on the plus side, we got a lot more of Frank.:thumbsup:

The next episode looks great as well. I must say, I've been enjoying this season a lot. Only weak ep. was the Jersey Shore one.

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wonder if this episode was filmed while Eva was on her honeymoon. I wish they'd at least make an attempt on the show to mention why a main character is absent... like they did that one time with Tom when the woman M.E. was there.

Walter tricking Ryan was funny.

I liked Horatio grabbing that guy off of the girl and then throwing him out the window lol. Guy totally deserved that.

10. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I wasn't gonna make a post but might as well. I didn't think the episode was anything special. It wasn't bad but it was forgettable. I enjoyed it enough though.

Pros:

Ryan looked hawt. (Like GoonieGirl said, kind of biased.)

The continuity by mentioning Ryan's gambling. I was surprised how much he talked about it to Walter.

Walter is just plain awesome. Liked how he tricked Ryan, and he just had a lot of time in this episode.

Lots of Frank too. ^_^

Diver!Eric, and Gun!Calleigh. She didn't fire any guns or anything but she got to show off her smarts when it comes to guns and they did show her checking out the one Walter found.

Okay, I know a lot of people don't like the Horatio that threatens or acts all bad ass... but I freaking LOVED the end. When he ripped that guy off of the girl, that was awesome enough. But I loved how he said "I'm loaded with evidence" and then said "I'm going to show you what the next thirty years will be like" or whatever, then threw/pushed him out of the window. :lol: Loved it.

Cons:

No Natalia, no Tom. I can live without Dave or Travers since they're not super main characters.

I wasn't totally into the storyline for some reason, eh.

That's really all I can think of atm. :D If I was gonna rate it, I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I liked that Walter was totally nonjudgemental about it.Ryan said it was in the past, and that was fine with Walter.

Wouldn't her honeymoon have been long past by the filming of this episode. The premiere was filmed in late July.Wasn't Eva married late June? This episode was filmed a lot later. Sleepless in Miami was to air (originally )after Reality Kills. It would have been understandable( and easily explained) if she needed time off afterwards,but she's just missing with no word at all.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Kind of missed Tom in this episode, but seeing as to how no one died, there wasn't a need for him I guess.

Yes, I liked that too. Walter's a cool guy. :)

Well, there's always a possibility that they had to take a later honeymoon due to work commitments. I mean, I don't know what he does for a living, but it's possible, right? I really hope that was the case or that Eva had something else she had to do because otherwise its just inexcusable that she was missing without an explanation from the writers. I mean, on NY when Lindsay isn't there, we know she's taking care of her kid, it's implied... but there isn't anything like that with Natalia, so... they could have at least had someone say she was out sick or took a day off to go see her family or something lol.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    There were pictures (along with the wedding pictures). I think she was just missing.Perhaps she was suppose to be off after her ordeal in "Sleepless", but nothing was mentioned after the episodes were switched, or perhaps if it were mentioned,that part was cut because of the episodes being switched. It's too bad that nothing said at all.

14. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

This episode was good I love the ending with h..... I love calleigh back and her lab......Nices to see eric back an the water.....love Walter and ryan... :) this episode gets an 8 from me

15. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I enjoyed the episode... the story line wasn't STELLAR, but decent. I still think it was quite on par with this season! That being said, the action kept me interested enough.

I loved Ryan and Walter's playful banter. They're awesome together. I also find it cute that they have to shift up the camera angels to get both of them in the scene together ,cause Walter's so dang tall!

Loved the continuity about Ryan's gambling. Amazing they thought to add depth and mention it... last season, they probably wouldn't have bothered. I am VERY impressed with the use of Ryan this year, along with the added layers to his character. Hope they keep it up!

As for the lack of Natalia, :( that sucked. I missed her, and kept waiting to see her every scene. I'm guessing it's because of Sleepless in Miami, but the part was possibly cut due to episode changes.

Over all, I give it a 7/10. Well, an extra point because Ryan looked so freaking HOT in that salmon...pinkish color. :D It should be mandatory that he wears THAT every week!

(We say that every time a new episode airs, but I mean it this time. Woo!!!)