"Cold Blooded" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 24, 2010.

1. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I can so see Hodges begging Ray to take him to the dinosaur show after determining the bite came from some type of large lizard. :guffaw:

2. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

yeah I can totally see Hodges getting really excited about going to the dinosaur show and determining if a dinosaur had anything to do with a victim's death. Hodges is like a little kid anyway :lol:

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I love the look on Hodges' face in the clip. :D

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

First impressions:

Hodges is so cute!!
    "Possibly the coolest thing ever ... please can we just go now?"
    and
    "we're also gonna need to see a couple of them fight each other" "no we're not" :guffaw:

Sara missing again. :(

The timing seems off, for the "5 years ago" stuff.
    - Nick didn't wear plaid shirts back then, and it looks like the wrong ring (I'm being picky, I know, but can't they at least TRY on the little details - I'm not even mentioning his hair or lack thereof :)).
    - Greg says it was "one of my first weeks out in the field" - but his final proficiency test was almost 6 years ago now.

When did Hodges have time to analyze a shovel? He's been "sick" and drooling over dinosaurs all day.. :lol:

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Wow...good call. :lol:

SuperDave was terrific as usual. Made me laugh and the look Doc had on his face when he slapped Hodges' hand away made me chuckle.

The episode. I thought it was good. Loved seeing Hodges and his *ahem* inner child like attitude when it came to the whole Dinosaur show. Totally loving it he was.

Yip! :lol: AND from Henry; "If you need me for anything, let me know. Hodges called in sick." (I think that is how it went)

The case that Nick and Greg worked was nicely done. Okay, there may have been some inconsistencies, but it was still good. And emotional in the end.

Not to shabby on the equaling of screentime amongst the characters....though Sara wasn't there. I really think tptb are doing well thus far with the evenly distributed character screentime. Keep it up!

The detective? Reed was it? Can't think of her name at the moment. Not bad, but she didn't seem to do anything spectacular to side out. Not to me anyway.

Overall? Probably an 8.5/10

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still have to wait 25 minutes before it comes on here. If only I could speed time up a little bit lol.

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Hey there Margarita Salt, just a friendly heads up that your signature should only consist of either text only OR a banner only. If you are trying to display a banner, it looks as though you're using the URL link instead of the IMG link. :)

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Watched in HD at 7 p.m. (CTV in Canada), and I thought it was great. I agree with all the comments that others have made. Of course, we could all tell that the Nick they showed five years ago wasn't really Nick five years ago. That age-regression thing is pretty hard to pull off. But they more than made up for it in an engaging, well-written episode that, as others have noted, showcased nearly all the lead actors (minus Jorja) quite well.

I notice that their recipe for good screentime for all the leads seems to be to leave one of them out. If it works, it works . . . and maybe that was part of the problem before, that they were trying to write for too many characters. Good story, and I loved the dinosaurs. Got choked up at the ending, though; George always nails those emotional scenes!

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Loved it!

The dinosaur case was kind of weak, I thought, but I loved Hodges so much in it! :lol: At first I was thinking there is no way they are putting him in the field and not even explaining it, but then to find out he called in sick was great.

The new detective was okay, I thought. I think (so far!) I can handle her. But why were she and Brass both on that case and there was no detective on the dinosaur case??

The second case was so good, I thought. Very well done and interesting, and of course...love Nick. :adore:

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

OMG! Best opening ever! (with the dinos)

LOL at Dave saying coyote's won't attack meth users cause they know meth is poisonous and Ray saying they're smarter than some humans.

A bite mark from Godzilla haha.

Loved Ray and Hodges expressions when they saw the dinos.

I wanna go to that show myself!

Katee looks odd with red hair, hardly recognized her.

Frankie: I've been working on my sensitivity.

Hodges: We're also gonna need to see a couple of them fight each other.
    Ray: No we're not. :lol:

Hodges is like a little kid in a toy store. :adore:

The Austrailian guy is kind of hot.

Does the whole "I'll give you the map to where your daughter is buring if you give me money" thing remind anyone else of Yuran Vandersloot (sp?) trying to extort money from Natalee Holloway's mom for the location of her body?

11. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I still have to watch the whole episode, but I liked what I saw.

However, note to wardrobe department. When the shirt Sackoff is wearing 'opens' like that at the buttons, the shirt is TOO small. I think y'all need to read some fashion magazines that explain these things to you. :lol:

Note to girl: when you want meat instead of veggies, break up with the boy. You don't have to kill him. :)

So sad at the end. :( There's a reason why Nick is the 'soul of the team'.

Yes, why did this one case need two detectives? :wtf:

Katee was ok, but again wardrobe department. Get a better outfit for her. :rolleyes: Those button down shirts look horrible tucked into low hipped pants. I hated that on Sophia and I'm I hate it on her.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Loved this episode!!

I think this is the first time I actually enjoyed Hodges! :eek::p I laughed a lot when he was taking pics with the dino :lol: All his remarks and his excitement at seeing the dinosaurs were quite enjoyable.

The case Nick and Greg worked was interesting, emotional, and sad. I loved how invested Nick was and how we got all the twists. I really enjoyed seeing Katee and thought they did it right in not shoving her upfront but giving her nice screentime nonetheless. I laughed so much at "I'm working on my sensitivity" and then kicking down the door :lol:.

Solid A from me :thumbsup:.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

It happens quite a bit on CSI, actually. Back in the Sofia Curtis days, I remember Brass and Sofia working several cases together. "Rashomama" comes to mind.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I haven't really seen all of it yet, watching other things too, but what I have seen of it I liked it a lot. The Dinosaur case was good with the Hodges scenes, then it got boring.

The second case was the stronger case in this episode. It was a good emotional case. Nice to see Nick and Greg working together, without Ray on this case, for a change.

I liked how they did the end, with Greg at the scene with the uncovering of the body and Nick with the mother. :(

Not sure I dig the new detective. She was overall blah to me. The one comment about working on her sensitivity was about the only good part from her.

And I knew the spoiler pic showing Greg carrying a gun was false. He simply was holding her gun when she grabbed the guy.

15. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

Awesome episode! Loved Nick and Greg working together!
    Loved it when Henry told Ray that David had called in sick. Thought that Ray should have called him on it, though.
    No mention of why Cath was out last week. Sara disappears this week. Probably too much to ask that they'll explain where she was this week in the next episode. Maybe she's helping Grissom settle back in to Vegas. :)
    Loved the return to Nick's sensitive side!
    I think the scene with Greg carrying the gun was probably shot, but cut because of time constraints.